• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Small bug I noticed:

When playing as a nation with colonies, there's something wrong with the colony creation events: Once the event is triggered and the nation chooses to free the colony, the new country is created with all respective provinces. Immediately after, however, all provinces except the capital of the new nation return to their previous owner.

any news and when the next version? Bizon your mod has a great potential development and this period is rich of events and wars and I enjoy to play with it.:cool:

This week is much more busy than I thought it will be, you don't even see me posting here, so my plans for releasing the new version will have to wait. I hope not longer than this weekend, I have majority of work, including laborous tuning of Korean War already done :)

Serban: it's a very weird thing, I didn't encounter anything like that. Does it happen with all the countries or there is some specific colonial country that shows this behavior? I'll be testing more and more 1950s+ gameplay soon so I hope I can reproduce this bug.

noticed that it happens when playing the 33 and 36 scenarios, because countries like uk and france have claims in africa and asia, but in yours scenarios 45 and other they have not.

It happened to me playing as Italy from 1933 on. Note that I used cheats to turn Italy democratic and make her join the Allies, so long story short, Germany was defeated mainly by France and the Soviets were stopped in the middle of Poland/Hungary/Czechoslovakia/Romania, giving place to twin nations there. Later on I started WW3 and had the SU overrun Poland, which would be later liberated by the USA.

When I released Libya via event, first it had all its provinces, then lost all but Tripoli. Same goes to Somalia. However, I DoWed Yugoslavia and released Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia as puppets, and those showed no problems. AI nations such as France and Britain experienced the same problem when releasing African colonies. Another funny thing, when the USA released Poland, it appeared to have the current borders, but then instantly reverted to the preWW2 borders (leaving East Prussia to the US and such). Maybe it has something to do with core provinces?

On other facts, is there a possibility to develop the interwar period? I've read about a mod called "Arms, Armistice and Revolutions" (or something similar) that does so and could possibly be integrated within NWO to create a full 1914-1964 experience.

EDIT: I've started a 1956 scenario and there the new nations spawn without any sign of problems. Perhaps it has to do something with cores that are given in the post-1945 scenarios that don't exist on the 1933 scenario (IIRC the 1933 scenario is the vanilla one). Also, there's something wrong with the alliance pic of NATO in the 1956 scenario, it says UNKNOWN_STRING_WANTED.

Last edited:
noticed that it happens when playing the 33 and 36 scenarios, because countries like uk and france have claims in africa and asia, but in yours scenarios 45 and other they have not.

It happened to me playing as Italy from 1933 on. Note that I used cheats to turn Italy democratic and make her join the Allies, so long story short, Germany was defeated mainly by France and the Soviets were stopped in the middle of Poland/Hungary/Czechoslovakia/Romania, giving place to twin nations there. Later on I started WW3 and had the SU overrun Poland, which would be later liberated by the USA.

When I released Libya via event, first it had all its provinces, then lost all but Tripoli. Same goes to Somalia. However, I DoWed Yugoslavia and released Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia as puppets, and those showed no problems. AI nations such as France and Britain experienced the same problem when releasing African colonies. Another funny thing, when the USA released Poland, it appeared to have the current borders, but then instantly reverted to the preWW2 borders (leaving East Prussia to the US and such). Maybe it has something to do with core provinces?

On other facts, is there a possibility to develop the interwar period? I've read about a mod called "Arms, Armistice and Revolutions" (or something similar) that does so and could possibly be integrated within NWO to create a full 1914-1964 experience.

EDIT: I've started a 1956 scenario and there the new nations spawn without any sign of problems. Perhaps it has to do something with cores that are given in the post-1945 scenarios that don't exist on the 1933 scenario (IIRC the 1933 scenario is the vanilla one). Also, there's something wrong with the alliance pic of NATO in the 1956 scenario, it says UNKNOWN_STRING_WANTED.

The most obvious explanation was that some colonial powers don't lose cores over those released provinces and they are voluntarily given through diplomatic deals. I find it hard to believe but thinking about correctness of core provinces wasn't my top priority even while errors can have such unpleasant effects :) You know, Mongolia had this damn core province in central China for months :) In general, colonial countries should have less cores in Africa and Asia in late 1940s and 1950s but I'll pay more attention to details. Maybe already in 1.8.7 or at latest 1.8.8.

About NATO string and picture... yeah, it's done only partially, I'll have to finally do a proper picture and take care of alliance name changes in scenarios.

i played the USA 1942 scenario, and I won the pacific war before the eurepean one, I got events but peace came with an undefeated germany, I lost all freed european provinces, is it a bug?

This is a mod for cold war?Great i've been searching for such a mod in a while

Hey Bizon, is your mod playable after a standard DH scenario?
It's quite a long time I don't have a look at this thread, I've got too much unread messages and I don't really know if you already answered to this. Sorry if you already did.

Yeah, it was pretty much always playable on any scenario besides 1914. Someone once volunteered to link NWO2 with AAR to make 1914-64 game possible but I didn't hear anything back and didn't find time to do it myself (but it's still in 'planned somewhere in the future' category).

Since a couple of versions surrender events make their comeback from NWO1 so you can finish WW2 and seamlessly enter the cold war era.

Have you planned on adding the Indochina/Vietnam wars?

I have a suggestion on how you can implement them:
- Indochina War (1946-1954): Have a series of events that end up on the uprising of the communist states of the North (Comm. Vietnam, Comm. Laos, Khmer Rouge). Then ask France if they will take part on the war, with the following options: Intervention/Let them handle themselves.
If they choose Intervention, France starts controlling the Indochinese Union's armies. During the war, have events for France in which they're prompted to send more armies. If they choose to do so, create new divisions for Indochinese Union, increase dissent in France and decrease manpower and supplies in France. If they choose not to, just increase dissent.
If France chooses not to intervene, create "Nationalist" countries of Indochina (Nat. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia) and annex Ind. Union. No more actions.

At the end of the War, if Indochinese union survives, create "Nationalist" countries.

- Vietnam War (1963): Start war between Nat. and Com. Vietnam. Event for USA where asked for intervention. Similar way of acting to France in the first Indochina War. Events to send divisions to Nat. Vietnam, thus reducing manpower and supplies in the US and increasing dissent.

Yeah, it was pretty much always playable on any scenario besides 1914. Someone once volunteered to link NWO2 with AAR to make 1914-64 game possible but I didn't hear anything back and didn't find time to do it myself (but it's still in 'planned somewhere in the future' category).

Since a couple of versions surrender events make their comeback from NWO1 so you can finish WW2 and seamlessly enter the cold war era.

I don't think 1914-64 should be prioritized, personally I'd like to see a cold war ranging event longer (into the 70s or longer)

I don't think 1914-64 should be prioritized, personally I'd like to see a cold war ranging event longer (into the 70s or longer)

i agree, it's impossible to beat the USA with communist china in this time period, we can help Bizon with leaders/ministers and Tech temas if he wants to do it but i thought that nuke and ww3 balancing was higher than extending the mod on the 'to do list'

What's the problem?
and how fix it?

Doesn't seem like anything connected with the mod. If you still have the file can you post the contents of the file around that fateful line no 66920 (with about 20 lines before and 20 lines after)?

Serban said:
Have you planned on adding the Indochina/Vietnam wars?

Yes and no. Rather not as a regular war with divisions fighting. As I once wrote, I find Korean War and Israeli War of Independence the smallest possible conflicts that can be simulated well on the map. Vietnam is even smaller (maybe not smaller than Israeli theather but allowing much less maneuver). But I like the ideas about French intervention and I'll be willing to transform them into some event chain with a random factor influencing success.

Meanwhile, I almost have the next version ready for publishing but I do want to take into account all the FCZP's input. It's highly possible I'll complete it today, though. :)

I still think there should be an actual Com. Vietnam vs Nat. Vietnam war with an event chain for US intervention, along with dissent and resource penalties. Maybe giving both nations a couple of divisions, and giving Nat. Vietnam random "Vietcong strike" events that increase dissent.

OK, I won't say 'never'. :) It's possible Ill make a similar solution to how I handled Korean War in yet unreleased version, just on a smaller scale. You'll see how you like it, I'm pretty content with the way it'll be handled.