• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm busy lately so I can't respond to everything but I'll be going through the posts when making the next version :)

Bizon, I think this is the problem: I occupied 50% of JAP before capturing Tokyo, so surrender to SOV trigger (seen bellow) didn't fire:
(...)
Instead, surrender to USA trigger fired , because Jewel voice + US at war with JAP + Soviets are not victorious. See bellow.
(...)
[/code]

I think this line is the culprit in both cases, and should be removed:

NOT = { war = { country = JAP country = USA } }

In other words, in ALL cases, if SOV has invaded 50% of JAP, JAP surrenders to SOV.

It still looks to me like the logic should work because your "50% of Japan" requirement prevails. The line you proposed for removal is there because if Japan makes an early surrender (all Home Islands are held by Japan) I must still decide who Japan must surrender to. The event should make a simple check and let Japan surrender to: USA, USSR and China, in this order, whichever is in war.

But if you say it doesn't work, well, something is wrong :D I'll take a closer look, and at least move unoccupied Home Islands possibility to a separate trigger - which effectively will remove the said line from the main part.

Hi i have the following Problem.

1. i copy the darkest hour full folder and name it like the mod.
2. i copy the contents of the downloaded mod into the folder.
3. i start the game.

so to that point everything goes smoth and nice. I hear new Music, got a new Menupicture and so on. I chosed now the Scenarios 1950 as west germany and some others and it keeps crashing in the loading screen.
I realy dont know what i have done wrong. I use the Steam version of the game.

EDIT:

tryed to solve the problem because i have read the steam patch is something else. so i installed the 1.3 patch over it and the mod again. no effort... still crashing.

EDIT2: even tryed a complete reinstall -> does not work

Sorry to hear. Do you get some error message upon crash?

I'm busy lately so I can't respond to everything but I'll be going through the posts when making the next version :)

It still looks to me like the logic should work because your "50% of Japan" requirement prevails. The line you proposed for removal is there because if Japan makes an early surrender (all Home Islands are held by Japan) I must still decide who Japan must surrender to. The event should make a simple check and let Japan surrender to: USA, USSR and China, in this order, whichever is in war.

But if you say it doesn't work, well, something is wrong :D I'll take a closer look, and at least move unoccupied Home Islands possibility to a separate trigger - which effectively will remove the said line from the main part.

Sorry to hear. Do you get some error message upon crash?

just the windows message " Darkest Hour stopped working ".
Do you have any Clue whats wrong?

I was playing 1936 SOV, savegame is axed btw... I'm running a new 1936 SOV game now, it's 1939 now and everything is going well....

Regarding the Peacetime IC bug, let me rephrase:

1. USA has -45% peacetime modifier in 1941.
2. JAP attacks USA.
3. JAP is defeated.
4. USA returns to -45% peacetime modifier.
5. NWO events kick in, + -55% peacetime modifier.
6. USA in post-WWII has -99% peacetime modifier.

Update:

Last time, US modifier post-WWII was -35%, not -45%.
Also, in a handsoff game I ran, US AI decided to nuke Budapest... good target 3 MP, 13 IC, 1 Point, but still I think they should be nuking USSR only (at least at first). They also managed to nuke Leningrad & Kiev, so that's fine...

just the windows message " Darkest Hour stopped working ".
Do you have any Clue whats wrong?

Hardly - if you open savedebug.txt from your game folder does it tell anything useful (look at the last lines)?

Update:

Last time, US modifier post-WWII was -35%, not -45%.
Also, in a handsoff game I ran, US AI decided to nuke Budapest... good target 3 MP, 13 IC, 1 Point, but still I think they should be nuking USSR only (at least at first). They also managed to nuke Leningrad & Kiev, so that's fine...

Unfortunately, I can't do anything about nuke targetting.

Hi. Still playing with North Vietnam in the last version of the mod, still some stuff in mind

- When fighting with South Vietnam, named State of Vietnam, Vo Nguyen Giap is still general in the South... He was a north general, avaible in the north, and minister too. He should be removed from South Vietnam nah ?

- I've no way to enter an alliance with other communist country. I'd like to join USSR, or Communist China, who won the chinese war but they always reject. I can't do better, I unified Vietnam, and even puppet the Philipinnes. What shall I do to enter the soviet alliance or make one with China ? Completly follow their ideology ?

thx

playing as the SU on the 1945 scenario:

-hungary gets the "dissolution of the eastern allies" event apparently without reason, all other warsaw pact sates are joining my alliance though

-the event of malayan freedom has no name

-the allies are at war with several french and british colonial revolters giving them considerable IC, this needs to be changed

Last edited:
Is the mod savegame compatible? I tried it on a DH save and it worked ok, but would there be any issues?

I never tested how much savegame-compatible the mod is. I guess the earlier you 'switch', the better. Before 1945, there shouldn't be any issues, later some problems may creep out.

Hi. Still playing with North Vietnam in the last version of the mod, still some stuff in mind

- When fighting with South Vietnam, named State of Vietnam, Vo Nguyen Giap is still general in the South... He was a north general, avaible in the north, and minister too. He should be removed from South Vietnam nah ?

- I've no way to enter an alliance with other communist country. I'd like to join USSR, or Communist China, who won the chinese war but they always reject. I can't do better, I unified Vietnam, and even puppet the Philipinnes. What shall I do to enter the soviet alliance or make one with China ? Completly follow their ideology ?

thx

Communist countries have high neutrality to prevent N. Korea, China and N. Vietnam to enter Warsaw Pact and easily get total military support they didn't have much chance to get. Cold War AIs generally have high neutrality factors set. I don't have a good idea to tackle this - if it bothers you in your case, you can use 'acceptall' cheat.

playing as the SU on the 1945 scenario:

-hungary gets the "dissolution of the eastern allies" event apparently without reason, all other warsaw pact sates are joining my alliance though

-the event of malayan freedom has no name

-the allies are at war with several french and british colonial revolters giving them considerable IC, this needs to be changed

Can you tell when does Hungary get this event (instantly in 1945? during the 1956 revolution?). Also what colonial wars do the British and French take part in? They normally shouldn't be involved in any.

Communist countries have high neutrality to prevent N. Korea, China and N. Vietnam to enter Warsaw Pact and easily get total military support they didn't have much chance to get. Cold War AIs generally have high neutrality factors set. I don't have a good idea to tackle this - if it bothers you in your case, you can use 'acceptall' cheat.

Yo. I finally could enter the alliance. I unified Vietnam and puppet Philippines, and asked many times. The probabilty was arround 9% and after 3/4 times, USSR accepts.
I still don't know why People's Republic of China did not want an alliance with me and make smthg with North Korea. I did not check if China has something with N.Korea but it would make sense as china sent lots of soldiers in Korea

Can you tell when does Hungary get this event (instantly in 1945? during the 1956 revolution?). Also what colonial wars do the British and French take part in? They normally shouldn't be involved in any.

not instantly, but in the time the other states want to join your alliance. palestine revolted from UK

still the SU game:

- first, iraq refuses to join the war against israel but immediatly have the same event which they accept ?!?!

- i allied with china in the civil war but after they won the alliance is cancled ?!?! is this WAD?

- state of vietnam made an alliance with the NATO, is this WAD? furthermore this fucked up indonesia pretty hard because laos and friends are also part of nato due to puppetship of france. in the end it resulted in USA occupying Laos and state of vietnam victorious. i would like to have a word in the whole affair as SU :D

- north korea won the civil war in a few days right after the UN granted support to south korea

- turkey joined the nato despite having a +200 relation with me ?!?!

- i choosed to go with beria after stalins death and then got an event to choose my HoS again? ofc i choosed beria a second time but it seemed a bit odd. WAD?

- is there an reaction event for hungarian revolution? they toppled the statue of stalin and i choosed before to honour him beyond death, this should have serious consequences (they choosed to leave the warsaw pact and the reaction event for that fired correctly)

- in the suez crisis i backed egypt with ultimatum and the americans backed out. despite success they peaced with israel reducing it only to tel aviv. actually syria made the peace for the whole alliance

- iraq declined the UAF, but the chain needs iraq to join the UAF to progress. i would suggest that every arab nation can be asked seperatley and you dont need to have a specific nation to accept. could creat nice follow up events if the UAF is splitted this way. ps: iraq declined despite being already left-wing radical

- is it WAD that on 1.1.1960 a big chunk of my leaders retire?

- i cant intervene in the congo crisis despite the event text describing that i should be able

- france gets an event (8005730) with no name on 6.3.1962

- cuba had like 15 times that castro got killed and on the 16th time they choosed "havana has fallen" and now the revolution is a success

- i am allied with china and in the indian-sino war tibet was lost really quick so the event of indian total vicotry fired. after declaring war immediatly again the event fired again too -> quitted the game now because those events are game breaking, indian puppet tibet got also an event about winning against the chinese and after my third or fourth breaking of the peace treaty china managed to advance further but after getting this one disputed province (dunno the name) they peaced out again. we really need additional checks
1. with SU total conquest would be far more better or at least installing a communist government in india. 2. china should try to get bhutan and nepal if they are winning and not just one provinces. 3. the soviets should get the option to take out pakistan too for naval bases in the indian sea or occupying parts of india for the same reasons and maybe annex kashmir

Last edited:
I've noticed both occurances as well. Additionally, sometimes partisans pop in Palestine and when UK releases Israel/Palestine, they end up not releasing some of the territories because they are occupied by partisans.

That's why I hate rebels and don't want to use them to simulate any local insurgencies.

still the SU game:

- first, iraq refuses to join the war against israel but immediatly have the same event which they accept ?!?!

- i allied with china in the civil war but after they won the alliance is cancled ?!?! is this WAD?

- state of vietnam made an alliance with the NATO, is this WAD? furthermore this fucked up indonesia pretty hard because laos and friends are also part of nato due to puppetship of france. in the end it resulted in USA occupying Laos and state of vietnam victorious. i would like to have a word in the whole affair as SU :D

- north korea won the civil war in a few days right after the UN granted support to south korea

- turkey joined the nato despite having a +200 relation with me ?!?!

- i choosed to go with beria after stalins death and then got an event to choose my HoS again? ofc i choosed beria a second time but it seemed a bit odd. WAD?

- is there an reaction event for hungarian revolution? they toppled the statue of stalin and i choosed before to honour him beyond death, this should have serious consequences (they choosed to leave the warsaw pact and the reaction event for that fired correctly)

- in the suez crisis i backed egypt with ultimatum and the americans backed out. despite success they peaced with israel reducing it only to tel aviv. actually syria made the peace for the whole alliance

- iraq declined the UAF, but the chain needs iraq to join the UAF to progress. i would suggest that every arab nation can be asked seperatley and you dont need to have a specific nation to accept. could creat nice follow up events if the UAF is splitted this way. ps: iraq declined despite being already left-wing radical

- is it WAD that on 1.1.1960 a big chunk of my leaders retire?

- i cant intervene in the congo crisis despite the event text describing that i should be able

- france gets an event (8005730) with no name on 6.3.1962

- cuba had like 15 times that castro got killed and on the 16th time they choosed "havana has fallen" and now the revolution is a success

- i am allied with china and in the indian-sino war tibet was lost really quick so the event of indian total vicotry fired. after declaring war immediatly again the event fired again too -> quitted the game now because those events are game breaking, indian puppet tibet got also an event about winning against the chinese and after my third or fourth breaking of the peace treaty china managed to advance further but after getting this one disputed province (dunno the name) they peaced out again. we really need additional checks
1. with SU total conquest would be far more better or at least installing a communist government in india. 2. china should try to get bhutan and nepal if they are winning and not just one provinces. 3. the soviets should get the option to take out pakistan too for naval bases in the indian sea or occupying parts of india for the same reasons and maybe annex kashmir

Thanks, I'll go through all the points and fix all the issues that I can find when making the next release.
Quick notes: China is probably instructed to leave alliances after the civil war because it's reasoned that if USSR/USA enter alliance with Chinese sides of war they only do so for the time of civil war, not longer (China may be willing to ally as a last resort but after the war returns to isolationism). But it should surely be situational and happen only if USSR/USA enter alliance by event. NATO creation is pretty straightjacketed but at least in case of Turkey, it would be good idea to see how they fare in relations with USSR. South Vietnam indeed can choose to ally with USA (or rather USA may gracefully decide to engage even more in this conflict). I think there is a reaction event for USSR coded but maybe there's something wrong with this if it's not firing.

ah ok. thanks for the response. as you can read i allied with china on a later date anyway but that fucked up the sino-indian war pretty hard :/

ps: if usa pull vietnam into the nato they should release any occupied territory they may hold

Last edited:
Update #5

Hey Bizon!

I just wanted to say that I just finished a big mod for NWO 2.4. A detailed change log is included in the package.
Update #5

Ok, Update #5 is finished. It includes all other previous updates. Also added two new minister pics, and don't panic about the DDR flag :D, that flag that looks the same like the DFR one was used between 1949 and 1959. Only after the 1st October 1959 decree it was changed to that flag that everybody knows :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info if you're making more scenarios:

Please remember to add the line:
Code:
flag_ext = _57com
for U13 if scenario starts between 1957 and 1990.
Code:
flag_ext = _48com
for U29 if scenario starts between 1948 and 1967.
Code:
flag_ext = _67com
for U29 if scenario starts between 1967 and 1971.
Code:
flag_ext = _71com
for U29 if scenario starts between 1971 and 1990.
Code:
flag_ext = _65com
for U30 if scenario starts between 1965 and 1989.
Code:
flag_ext = _55com
for SOV if scenario starts between 1955 and 1980.
Code:
flag_ext = _80com
for SOV if scenario starts between 1980 and 1991.
Code:
flag_ext = _59com
for DDR if scenario starts between 1959 and 1990.

That's all I think, hopefully it will become part of your great, great mod, Bizon!

eeeex

Last edited:
Thanks, eeeex! I'll start incorporating your input this week into the mod so if I have any questions I'll let you know :)

Great!, No problem :)

P.S.: I just added the correct DDR flag so you might want to download the package again if you already did :)

could you repack the update into one .rar?

would be great

Done.