• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Part Five: Wrath of the Pig God (1605-1719)
Goal: Conquer as much as possible below infamy limit. Once big enough, engage in BB wars for world conquest.

Those backwards uncivilized savages of the rest of the world have tainted my land for long enough. It's time to liberate them all in the name of Animism. All shall fall before the mighty Pig God!

As Animist Ryukyu, it is inevitable to go over the infamy limit. Even at 1 BB per province and -3 infamy a year, it's still just 600 provinces over 200 years, far less than the 1000+ in Eurasia. Thus in order to achieve world conquest, I must survive going over the BB limit.

- Stage 1: Get Big Enough Under the BB Limit

In multiple wars I conquered Castille, followed by nonstop mass building Latin troops on the Iberian Peninsula for conquering Europe.

World at 1621:
1z57q4i.jpg

By 1630 I have annexed Castile and occupied Portugal, Armagnac, and Province. I also reached trade 27 for custom houses. Since I was afraid it would take many decades to colonize all the hordes and running out of time, I decided to start the BB wars at that point. It turned out I started a lot sooner than it needed to be.

- Stage 2: Start the BB Wars and Unleash (micromanagement) Hell

The 3 biggest issues of being over the BB limit are dealing with the revolts, maintaining a positive income, and staying out of -3 stability (to declare war). Once big enough, income and revolts would not be a problem. Stability can be solved with the right sliders and policies (church attendance duty + full serfdom + full narrowminded + trading in wine = -108% stability cost, so it's free right?). Since I messed up my sliders I ended up saving every month to avoid the -1 stab event instead.

I took as much territory as possible from everyone I occupied, and the BB wars began. Game pace slowed to a crawl as country after country declared war on me. I regretted going plutocracy as I quickly ran out of diplomats to annex them all.

With England still as my ally, my only real threat was Burgundy. Their 100k doom stack was impressive, but my 100k doom stack was stronger. Once Burgundy was defeated, England was my next target. I caught their fleet separated and defeated them, once I had naval superiority the fight was pretty much over. I took their provinces on the British Isles. Their processions on continental Europe would eventually fall to wars and rebellions.

My war exhaust maxed out at 18.72, adding 18.72 revolt risk and I was getting like 10 revolts every month. I took the bill of rights and humanist tolerance NIs to help reduce revolt risk, didn't help much at all though. I spread 10k stacks all over the place on rebel hunting duty, they were eventually upgraded to 20k stacks. The auto rebel hunting option was godawful, sooner or later the AI would get confused and would decide to walk across entire continents to some empty provinces for no reason. They also love attrition and would stick to uncolonized provinces like magnets, which guaranteed my WE to stay maxed. I hired a grand marshal to help keep my legitimacy up due to my WE.

Income was positive with minting. I raised war taxes once I realized that my WE would not go down for a long long time. I had to build lots of boats to keep up with tariffs, they were expensive and took forever to build due to my WE. I thought I could just move my capital to Europe but the game wouldn't let me, so eventually I ended up with 1056 ships to get all the tariffs from Europe, Asia and Africa.

Tech was basically stopped at that point, but once Europe was conquered tech wouldn't matter anymore.

World at 1650:
The HRE was dismantled. Burgundy, Bohemia and Austria all declared war on me at once in a last ditch attempt to stop me, but it was futile in the end. My tiny patch of land in Asia became a second front and I conquered Indochina.
hvuqah.jpg

World at 1665:
At this point Europe was pretty much conquered, the only threats left were Ryazan, Syria and Persia. The rebels I was getting every month were stronger than all their armies combined. Ryazan was a good boy and ate up Sibir for me, so they shall be rewarded... with death.
2nim8o3.jpg

World at 1680:
Ming, Wu and Korea were easily defeated, their sticks were no match for my guns. The hordes in central Asia were colonized from multiple sides, it ended up being much quicker than I thought.
xpu5ia.jpg

World at 1690:
Since I didn't know how to conquer Japan, I left them for last. It turned out that I could only take their provinces if they have no allies in a war. The "shogunate were disbanded you bastards" message was bugged, it spammed me 10 times a day and did nothing at all.
1z65tmb.jpg

World at 1719:
After another 5 wars and calling myself bastards 23448975 times, the dynamos finally broke independent, one more war and Japan was conquered. In the meantime I discovered and colonized all the remaining provinces in Siberia and Oceania.
2n6lhs.jpg

After 115 years of war and 2299 infamy, the world is finally mine. Achievement complete!!!

Last edited:
Awesome! :)

Your New World first strategy proved very effective in my attempt (you inspired me to try). It worked, so thank you very much. I too had to go over the infamy limit, but I exploited some mechanics to keep it low for most of the game.

Kanem Bornu had conquered a lot of West Africa, so after the provinces I stole from them cored, I released a big nation. Every 5 years I would 'Reconquer' my cores with that CB, then use 'Imperialism' after another 5 and immediately ceded all of their core provinces back. They would rack up the infamy, and I'd lose it. I did the same with Mutapa. But even without that gameyness, there might be another way.

You get no infamy reductions for releasing pagan nations, but when you, as animist Ryukyu, release a non-pagan for the first time, you'll get the reduction since they aren't considered pagan until after they reappear as your vassal. Diplo-annexing pagans yields no infamy, so given enough time you could take everything over for free. You could annex France, but then release it and annex it a few years down the line. If you don't feel like diplo-annexing, you could still release them, cancel vassalization and DOW them, then seize the provinces from the now-pagan nation pretty cheaply.

In fact, if you use the Revolutionary CB to annex minors for 1 infamy a province, then release them for twice that, you could lose infamy quite easily. I did this with a bunch of small states for a quick 'burn' to stave off that wretched Nationalist Sentiment event. I think animist Ryukyu would do better in the badboy department than any curia-controlling Catholic nation for these reasons. I would coordinate high-infamy peace deals with releasing large nations, but I figured all that out too late in the game to fully take advantage of it. My endgame was mostly me cancelling vassalization of a bunch of tiny minors, then watching them suicidally DOW me (thankfully I already had troops in their provinces). You could even keep large nations as vassals towards the end and wipe them out in single war using 'Seize Colony'.

Either way, thanks again for sharing your clever strategies with us, and well done!

Last edited:
Awesome accomplishment. Well done!

You'd think that when you conquered everyone else your infamy would fall to zero, but there you go.

Very well played. I don't think I'd ever have the desire to do something like this given how much work it seems to be, but must be a great feeling once it's done.

I'm pretty sure the conquered people would still regard Ryuku as pretty infamous and despicable. That's what the events are supposed to represent.

Awesome. Now extend the time limit, disband your armies, and let the Ryuku Empire crumble to endless rebels and see what results. :D

Oh yes please!

Just keep your armies in Onkinawa and Japan and watch the world burn!

Thanks for showing that. :-D Interesting to see all of the British Isles states to be in their proper territories and a quite large Uktraine. Also, Galicia, which you never ever see, ever.

That is awesome! Nice work, and thanks!