• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AAR does not cover any alt-history not does it alter anything about the WWI scenario.

When is this process going to start? No offence to the KR team, but I don't think that direction is wise. Kaiserreich is a great mod, but it's not correct.

Kaiserreich is a great mod, but it's not correct.

In alternative History or science-fiction: what's plausible or realistic? :D
Personally i consider KR to be one extreme outcome WW1, sure, it's not 100% likely it would have occured, and some things might be far fetched, but it could have happened altogether.
Think about this: In 1830, who would have guessed the Russian Empire ina hundred years would not just no longer HAVE a czar, but would be governed by revolutionary, communist masses, much more radical than the French revolutionaries? That was not just far fetched, but someone who propagated such a scenario as historically plausible would have been held for an idiot. :D

Sure, doing "our own" alternative history will happen, and already has happened (eg: alternative to the spanish republic, an offensive interwar USA, or a USA that did NOT withdraw from the world after WW1 had happened). But not linking to rich storyline, while doing so would be doable with relatively little extra effort would be silly.

Last edited:
I Know T.J. Arnold,more the events like the death of Sultan Mehmed V in 1917 :),basic events who lack in normal DH.

In alternative History or science-fiction: what's plausible or realistic? :D
Personally i consider KR to be one extreme outcome WW1, sure, it's not 100% likely it would have occured, and some things might be far fetched, but it could have happened altogether.
Think about this: In 1830, who would have guessed the Russian Empire ina hundred years would not just no longer HAVE a czar, but would be governed by revolutionary, communist masses, much more radical than the French revolutionaries? That was not just far fetched, but someone who propagated such a scenario as historically plausible would have been held for an idiot. :D

Sure, doing "our own" alternative history will happen, and already has happened (eg: alternative to the spanish republic, an offensive interwar USA, or a USA that did NOT withdraw from the world after WW1 had happened). But not linking to rich storyline, while doing so would be doable with relatively little extra effort would be silly.

I'm not meaning in incredibly huge terms. But there are quite a few things that you just know wouldn't happen...Limith would agree with me when you look at the situation in China, for instance. The mod itself, in my opinion, needs to be streamlined. There's too many (can't believe i'm saying this) elections going on in dictatorships and near the end the mod really kind of defaces itself...sure you can take stuff from it. But full integration wouldn't be wise.

We will be careful in KR integration. Only semi-plausible events will be included, while others will have a incredibly low chance of occurrence (ex. KR China would require KMT to also agree with Beiyang in joining T. Entente, for both to lose in an German intervention, and for Germany to agree to post an occupation garrison to help train Manchu units for Qing)

Balancing plausibility with fun is a hard task. We will take feedback into consideration. Feel free to discuss historical plausibility and event chains though, it will help once we start to code events to link to KR.

Both Burning and I have our own ideas about an AAR post-WWI victorious Germany history as well. It's just linking KR in is easier and many people want to play it. In China for instance, a KMT-Germany alliance (NOT Qing restoration) or KMT-Japan counter-Germany alliance are two options I want to implement.

Err, not anymore, no, thanks goodness :D
Oh... i see, you missed out on all the goodness? You indeed did miss a very intriguing weekend!
I posted a page or so back, where you can find more information on that.

AAR is banned?!

Err, not anymore, no, thanks goodness :D
Oh... i see, you missed out on all the goodness? You indeed did miss a very intriguing weekend!
I posted a page or so back, where you can find more information on that.

Unintentionally relevant: ;)

mHaW3.jpg

Nice to see that everythings resolved welcome back

The problem with KR is that there's too much divergence with too much stuff going on in every corner of the world.
South America for instance is crazy for no real reason whatsoever and there's all these weird 3 way civil wars in every corner of the globe. It's a very specific, very extreme outcome for WW1. Fun to play, but I don't see the point in railroading a German victory in that direction.

KR is a very very specific scenario, what's really needed IMO for alternate history is to draw out a limited number of "if this occurs then this or that happens" eventualities for various countries, then set about coming up with various interactions between them.

The problem with KR is that there's too much divergence with too much stuff going on in every corner of the world.
South America for instance is crazy for no real reason whatsoever and there's all these weird 3 way civil wars in every corner of the globe. It's a very specific, very extreme outcome for WW1. Fun to play, but I don't see the point in railroading a German victory in that direction.

KR is a very very specific scenario, what's really needed IMO for alternate history is to draw out a limited number of "if this occurs then this or that happens" eventualities for various countries, then set about coming up with various interactions between them.

Well, doing a standalone alternative WW2 just for everyone who is not happy with KR definitely won't happen in AAR. :D At least not within the next year or so... If you don't like KR, you don't have to play it, and thus don't have to walk the history down the road to a KR outcome. You are right about it being an extreme outcome, but well, it's already there, and it's fun to play. What more would you like from a WW2 scenario? Sure, you could want an alternative-alternative history, but just look at KR how much work that is :D.

Though, i suggest, if you REALLY want to see a WW2 where the CP's won WW1 beforehand that is less extreme/different from KR, I encourage you to do one. Having an alternative-alternative history path mod would be awesome, and definitely beneficial for the community and the game. There are many people who will appreciate the work you could do on that. So i really suggest you give it a thought.

I personally would love to see another less extreme timeline but as Burning said, our schedule for this year is full. It'll be lucky if we even finish KR integration by the end of this year (target is 1.6.0). So unless another modder miraculously hands us the code to integrate into AAR, it won't be in the mod for a while. :(

Will there also be interwar-period events for neutral countries, like the Netherlands, Sweden etc.?
Yes, definitely! They are very much needed.
Currently, there are many events for Austria, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania and Yugoslavia/Serbia. For others, there are events already there too, but they mostly focus on the "major" events (mainly wars or political changes).