• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I played with Germany (hardest/aggressive) - and many events never occurred. I tried to stick to the historical events, but when Austria-Hungary was defeated, there were no ministers in Austria. It's May 1918, I took Lithuania and some other Russian provinces, but an armed insurrection in Petrograd and other events never occurred. Do you know why is that?
Also, Bulgaria went armistice without even being attacked or loosed a province.

Did you send Lenin back? I had a game where I was hammering at the gates of St Petersburg and had the Russians in a total route but had forgotten to send back Lenin.

You think so? But it's May 1918, it should have happened long time ago.

It's an event you pick. Like the escape of the SMS ships that gets the Ottomans on your side.

Also I have a question for the mod in general.... The game isn't supposed to end in 1921 is it? It's just i thought this mod went from 1914 to post WW2.

It's an event you pick. Like the escape of the SMS ships that gets the Ottomans on your side.

Also I have a question for the mod in general.... The game isn't supposed to end in 1921 is it? It's just i thought this mod went from 1914 to post WW2.

I know that it's an event, but I don't have it on my list of events on the left side.
How do you mean, to end in 1921? I played it with Japan until 1928.

I know that it's an event, but I don't have it on my list of events on the left side.
How do you mean, to end in 1921? I played it with Japan until 1928.

You sure? Well thats just odd. Tell me whos in charge of Russia in your game?

I just get to 1921 as Germany and get the "GAME OVER YOU WIN" screen. Granted I had taken out the Russians, made them turn into Soviets and gotten the Historical peace settlement, Beaten France and Belgium separately, forced the UK into a White Peace and beaten the Italians.

Funny enough like real life Serbia somehow survived the war without getting conquered.

You sure? Well thats just odd. Tell me whos in charge of Russia in your game?

I just get to 1921 as Germany and get the "GAME OVER YOU WIN" screen. Granted I had taken out the Russians, made them turn into Soviets and gotten the Historical peace settlement, Beaten France and Belgium separately, forced the UK into a White Peace and beaten the Italians.

Funny enough like real life Serbia somehow survived the war without getting conquered.

Still Nikolai II in power, with Ivan Goremykin as Head of Government. Really strange, it's boring to play it that way.

What do you mean by 'Funny enough like real life Serbia somehow survived the war without getting conquered'?

Still Nikolai II in power, with Ivan Goremykin as Head of Government. Really strange, it's boring to play it that way.

What do you mean by 'Funny enough like real life Serbia somehow survived the war without getting conquered'?

Well my suggestion would be to see how the dissent is in Russia. It's entirely possible that somehow it's being kept low enough to prevent Nikolai 2 having to flee.

My apologies remembered wrong. Confused "Surviving 1914" with "Surviving the whole war". But in my game even by 1918 with everyone else beaten and with Bulgaria on our side the Austrian's still hadn't managed to beat the Serbs.

Well my suggestion would be to see how the dissent is in Russia. It's entirely possible that somehow it's being kept low enough to prevent Nikolai 2 having to flee.

My apologies remembered wrong. Confused "Surviving 1914" with "Surviving the whole war". But in my game even by 1918 with everyone else beaten and with Bulgaria on our side the Austrian's still hadn't managed to beat the Serbs.

That's strange. When I played with Serbia, Bulgarians, together with Ottomans????? attacked me from behind and took most of the provinces. It's pity that there's no historical part in this game when Serbs came back from Corfu, with French help, and beat the hell out of AH, Bulgarian and German troops. But I guess you can't have it all.

As for the dissent in Russia - I tried some 20-30 times to fund partisans and other activities, but it didn't work once.

That's strange. When I played with Serbia, Bulgarians, together with Ottomans????? attacked me from behind and took most of the provinces. It's pity that there's no historical part in this game when Serbs came back from Corfu, with French help, and beat the hell out of AH, Bulgarian and German troops. But I guess you can't have it all.

As for the dissent in Russia - I tried some 20-30 times to fund partisans and other activities, but it didn't work once.

Yeah it just sometimes comes down to the Artificial Stupidity. I've seen the Greeks hold out without losing a province to the combined Central Powers and in other games get conquered in a couple of months by Romania (the Greeks joined with the Central Powers and Romania went with the Entente). Also in my game the Ottomns were busy rolling the British out of Egypt.

Try going in as Russia and see what the dissent is.

Either you installed the mod wrong, are playing an incorrect save, are using the wrong scenario, or using the incorrect settings. Please go back and read the instructions carefully (it's a common question, burning ought to add it to the FAQ).

Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions scenario. Game set to "Use scenario end date." While you are at it, make sure tech team takeover is off.

That is, unless you game crashes after the game over. I know for a fact event triggered gameovers don't work in 1.02 so it can't possibly be due to our fault (they cause game crash and memory integrity problems).

Last edited:
I played with Germany (hardest/aggressive) - and many events never occurred. I tried to stick to the historical events, but when Austria-Hungary was defeated, there were no ministers in Austria. It's May 1918, I took Lithuania and some other Russian provinces, but an armed insurrection in Petrograd and other events never occurred. Do you know why is that?
Also, Bulgaria went armistice without even being attacked or loosed a province.
No one wrote Austria ministers afaik....

No one wrote Austria ministers afaik....

I can send you screen-shot to see, I don't know why it happened. I started once again to play it, to see if I did something wrong.

I can send you screen-shot to see, I don't know why it happened. I started once again to play it, to see if I did something wrong.

No, no. We know this. The reason Austria loses ministers is because it changes country tag and there are no valid ministers for its new tag at that date.

Either you installed the mod wrong, are playing an incorrect save, are using the wrong scenario, or using the incorrect settings. Please go back and read the instructions carefully (it's a common question, burning ought to add it to the FAQ).

Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions scenario. Game set to "Use scenario end date." While you are at it, make sure tech team takeover is off.

That is, unless you game crashes after the game over. I know for a fact event triggered gameovers don't work in 1.02 so it can't possibly be due to our fault (they cause game crash and memory integrity problems).

*facepalm* Well that makes a difference. Was a fine installation I just kept picking the wrong bloody scenario.

Does the normal DH files have pre-1936 Austrian ministers? I noticed the files that come with AAR don't have the ones the normal DH does. I can have a look at the files if need be. I did Hungary, might as well look at Austria lol

Does the normal DH files have pre-1936 Austrian ministers? I noticed the files that come with AAR don't have the ones the normal DH does. I can have a look at the files if need be. I did Hungary, might as well look at Austria lol
Thanks!

I'd look, cept I'm really tired right now...I spent the last 3 days compiling a 23 page literature review on climate change risk...with me having no idea how to write a literature review (first time), looking forward to revising it after getting feedback and sleeping off my lack of sleep to catch grammar issues.

Strange, actually the ministers should just be extended, not replaced... I'll merge the old version into Sargeras' copy, so they should all be back in the release. But thanks!

Strange, actually the ministers should just be extended, not replaced... I'll merge the old version into Sargeras' copy, so they should all be back in the release. But thanks!

Hi, Burning, Wilhelm II returning event was apparently caused by dormant ministers in German scenario file. ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?597139-Minister-changes-after-save-reloads ) This ruined my work too, but AC pointed out the problem, so I will arrange scenario files too. Minister events for Soviets and Germany are completed and now I could test them again.