+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any way to tell if when a colony can be state-ified?

Any way to tell if when a colony can be state-ified?

I'm playing my game, colonizing around the Congo. As the last few available states are colonized I start to look at where I could encourage bureaucrats to make more states. I then realized that I had five that already met the requirements without even knowing! Is there any to tell which colonies can be upped without having to click on each and every one?
    "Write a wise saying and your name will live forever" -Anonymous

Well, you could open the POP-screen and just select the bureaucrats there. If you have a decent sized pops of bureaucrats in one colony of your main culture, you can have a look if you can create a state.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

One of the map-views does, I believe.

Administrative mapmode?

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    One of the map-views does, I believe.

Administrative mapmode?
    Usefull, but shows also your existing states and colonies with native bureaucrats.

When you got enough bureaucrats you click the little hut if you click a region in that state or colony, and BAM its a state...I have no clue what a state does though that a Colony dosn't offer.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchmon View Post
    When you got enough bureaucrats you click the little hut if you click a region in that state or colony, and BAM its a state...I have no clue what a state does though that a Colony dosn't offer.
    You can have factories there, for a start.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

There's an application in the mod forum which is great for seeing which colonies can be turned to states, which are close, and a raft of other info. I forget the name of it, but it doesn't mod anything, just examines your situation.

+ Reply to Thread