• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brent_P

Second Lieutenant
99 Badges
Jul 6, 2007
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
In the vanilla I had it down cold. But in Iron Cross? Is it possible to capture England as Germany and how? Amphibious assaults don't seem to work at all, even with the techs and an air assault with enough units to make it work would cost me the war.

Has anyone been able to capture England? I wouldn't mind a few tips.

I took England in 1940 right after France. Taking England was in my planning since 1933. I created a force of 12 marines and 6 Paratroopers. Plan Z really helped, but I also built up a fleet of transports and some more capital ships. Being allied with Spain gave me their Navy to serve as a decoy fleet which helped draw off England's huge navy.

With their navy drawn off chasing the Spanish Fleet around Spain, I deployed screens of Battleship groups closing off the channel and near Scapa Flow to keep their Navy from my landing force. I used three groups of 3 marines and conducted invasions on the northeast side of England. I had another group coming from Iceland on the western side if their Navy wasn't present there.

I dropped Paratroopers next to some of the provinces I planned to invade with Marines to keep them from reinforcing. The moment I made a beachhead I brought in regular reinforcements, probably about 15 infantry divisions and a couple armored divisions. After I had several beach heads I started to pocket their Navy and picked them off with bombers and some of my carrier battle groups. After this England was a cakewalk.

Gibralter was taken during my France campaign after I allied with Spain. Suez was captured very shortly after England after I deployed some infantry from Italy. Once Suez was taken England surrendered and switched to a Facism government. After a couple of diplomatic influences England was in my Alliance.

With England in my alliance the world really changed. France and her allies had a ceasefire and I could concentrate on Russia.

I thought at first that I might have handicapped my self focusing on an invasion style military, in other words I didn't have very many armored forces. But with quick enveloping maneuvers huge pockets of russian troops were wiped out so it worked out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. So it is possible. I like your strategy here. I had never considered using the fleet to act as a blockade on two sides of the transports. That is genius. I am definitely going to try your strategies.

Don't forget that England's navy is huge. I learned the hard way once when I thought everything was going well making my invasion and I was holding off the local threat, but then about three or four 12 to 20 ship battlegroups of carriers and battleships either broke through or outflanked my screens and pocketed my invasion forces. I Couldn't even retreat.

Thats when I started to use Spain or Italy's fleet to draw off their Navy and tie them up for awhile somewhere in the Atlantic.

In the vanilla version, I would create about 8 groups of naval bombers and then combine my entire air force into a naval bombing terror. About 20 to 25 groups of planes would be assigned to search for and attack anything that floated in the Channel, combined with my entire fleet. My fleet would usually find England's navy and the planes would sink them. After about two months of this, following the conquest of France, I could make an amphibious attack at Portsmouth almost every time. It certainly has become harder to take England in this version of the game.