• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a question.

Does anyone know if I can use Steam bought Spritepacks on a non-Steam bought EU3? I can't use Gamersgate anymore as my Paypal account was stopped (anoyingly :grr: ) and Verify Visa doesn't recognise my details so I can't use my debit card (other sites accept it, just not GG), had to buy the last two Spritepacks on Blue Coins (I only have 300-odd left) :(

Ayeshteni

Let me start of by saying that I greatly enjoy the sprite packs. A very nice flavor addition to the game, and I can't wait for more.

Nevertheless, I have encountered an issue which might be related to them at high tech. In my current Japan game, fully westernized with modernized military, I had Japanese sprites until land tech 58. Since then, European knights roam Asia. Anyone else encountered that?

Anyone else encountered that?
Same with Ming
eu3game2011102216485621.jpg

Ethiopia
eu3game2011080918061535.jpg

and Creek
eu3game2011102216504110.jpg

Thank you for your positive feedback ! :)

There will follow more of these spritepackets, but it takes its time...
Every spritepacket includes new units for new countries... No spritepacket will overwrite a unit of another spritepacket...
and yes, it should be available on steam, soon...

A question, a naval spritepack? is it possible? :D

Hi folks, sorry for the late replies, but its much work to do....

The old "bug" with the westernized army was already discussed in this thread, if I remember correctly. Try to save, and restart the game. Unfortunately it isn't possible for us to change the game mechanics, we can "only" design new sprites....

You can get the gunpowder packs here:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU3ENSP/europa-universalis-iii-enlightenment-spritepack
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU3RSP/europa-universalis-iii-revolution-spritepack (preorder)

"For medieval pack we should have a peasant sprite with a pitchfork for rebels!"
--> This is a great idea!!! :)

Naval spritepacks are possible, but first there are many other countries to give their soldiers... :blush:

Thx for the replies, if we order the sprite packs off of Gamersgate, can we use them with our copy on Steam? If not, is there a general ETA on when they will be released there?

Thx for the replies, if we order the sprite packs off of Gamersgate, can we use them with our copy on Steam? If not, is there a general ETA on when they will be released there?

Sorry, but I haven't got an ETA. This is managed by Paradox Interactive, itself... It is better to buy them on steam.. I don't belive that a mix of Steam and GG would work, because of its own installation policity...

Sorry, but I haven't got an ETA. This is managed by Paradox Interactive, itself... It is better to buy them on steam.. I don't belive that a mix of Steam and GG would work, because of its own installation policity...

It indeed is possible to combine the two, you just have to adjust the path of the installation to: [steam]\Steamapps\common\Europa Universalis III - complete[or chronicles whatever is used]

You can always copy your steam EU3 folder to somewhere else and play it from the exe. The 5.1 patch was never actually modified for Steam only, so you don't even have to do anything special with it. I mean, if you're worried about the gamersgate sprite packs not working on Steam.

Let me start of by saying that I greatly enjoy the sprite packs. A very nice flavor addition to the game, and I can't wait for more.

Nevertheless, I have encountered an issue which might be related to them at high tech. In my current Japan game, fully westernized with modernized military, I had Japanese sprites until land tech 58. Since then, European knights roam Asia. Anyone else encountered that?

Same with Ming, Ethiopia and Creek

Also in my Hindustan game.