• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
CORE 0.50 for Arsenal of Democracy (0.50.24)

This version will work with AoD 1.07 patch

It is designed to be played on normal / normal

Download the mod here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20327624/CORE2_0_5_0_24.exe

Cecksum is DJXD

Changelog:

Code:
Installer:
Corrected one reference to 1.06
two dummy ai files changed to empty dummies

Mantis issues:
1715: Italy puppets Ethiopia
1740: German AI does not choose puppet AUS option
      German planes to Franco fixed
1741: Secret weapons electronics tech give double production bonus to jap cruiser brigades instead of jap cruiser brigade and DD ASuW specialization
1742: GER / ITA ai file with "unkown string wanted"
1743: JAP cruiser naval brigade workaround
1744: Industry tech tree

.inc:
Pol gets: 8450 # DESTROYER Tactical Doctrine

misc.txt:
# Gearing Bonus Resource Cost Increment ( 1.0 = if 10% faster production 10% more resource usage)
	0.9 # was 0.6	
# TC Naval Division Load Multiplier
	0.75 # was 0.4
# Reinforce time
	0.5 # was 0.7
# TC Load from undeployed brigades (multiplied on top of the division cost)
	0.1 #was 0.3
# Supply Usage Naval Static (value below * normal supply consumtion)
	0.5 # was 1.0
# Supply Usage Naval Moving (value below * normal supply consumtion)
	1.3 # was 1.1
# Supply Usage Naval Battle (value below * normal supply consumtion)
	6.0 # was 5.0
# Supply Usage Aviation Static (value below * normal supply consumtion)
	0.85 # was 1.0
# Supply Usage Aviation Moving (value below * normal supply consumtion)
	1.3 # was 2.5
# Supply Usage Aviation Battle (value below * normal supply consumtion)
	3.0 # was 4.0
# Supply Usage Aviation Bombing (value below * normal supply consumtion)
	3.0 # 6.0
# _EV_Nuclear_Power_, Each reactor can give below energy
	0.0 # was 1.5
# _EV_CONVOY_DUTY_CONVERSION_, Amount of Convoys generated when sending a transport unit to convoy duty
	25 # was 10
# Combat Modifier: Offensive Combined Arms Bonus
	0.05 # was 0.10
# Combat Modifier: Defensive Combined Arms Bonus
	0.05 # was 0.15
# Combat Modifier: Radar Station AA multiplier ( value * radar level) 
	0.05 # was 0.15  #15% extra for each Radar level
# Combat Modifier: Total Naval Overstacking Mod for each non-transport division above two.
	-0.005 # was -0.016
# Air Leader Command Limit (nr of divisions), Rank 0 (highest)
# Air Leader Command Limit (nr of divisions), Rank 1
# Air Leader Command Limit (nr of divisions), Rank 2
# Air Leader Command Limit (nr of divisions), Rank 3 (lowest)
# Ratio of Soft/Hard damage dealt by artillery bombardment
	4.0 # was 3.0
# After-Historical Date Mod (value * days after to historical date. limit for the total is 1.50. )
	0.0004 # max is reached after 7.0 years
# Tech speed modifier - value below affects tech speed
	1.6 # 1.5 (about +5%)

gfx:
Tripartite elements:
\interface:
clock_symbol
experience_star
hq
hq_symbol
org_meter
popup_unused_slider
supply_meter
supply_oil_meter

\map:
antiair
blizzard
city
coastal_fortification
fortification
nuke
rain
rocket
snow
storm

Reminder:
Denniss´config.eu

-> CORE 0.50.22 for AoD

Mantis issues:
1740: modified gameplay event files
(1745: New province.csv with +5% IC) - removed

Tech teams:
T35 Halder for Germany
T1909 Naval Air Technical Arsenal for Japan
T2714;Wladyslaw Heller for Poland (no pic)
T2721;Wladyslaw Bortnowski for Poland (no pic)
T2719;Wincenty Kowalski for Poland (no pic)

Province.csv
All IC, metal and oil up 5%
Energy +0% 
All rares up 6%; in Europe up 8% (rounding problems for small increases of small deposits)
Manual IC correction:
Italy, Romania down
GER, ENG slightly down (rounding problems in large concentrations)
JAP, MAN up
USA "treated friendly"

misc.txt
# Suppplies usage on convoy hunt (times combat!)
	0.5 # was 1.2
# _EV_MP_TO_CG_, How much IC does each MP provide in CG?
	0.012 # was 0.01
# Money cost for each skill-level
	0.90 # was 1.00 # was 1.65
# Supply Usage Naval Battle (value below * normal supply consumtion)
	3.0 # was 5.0
# Attrition Severity Modifier
	0.15 # back to default from 0.20	

units:
submarines
max_oil_stock = 

Coastal 10

IMR 25
BMR 30
IMR 35
AMR 40

ILR 40
BLR 45
ILR 50
ALR 60

SM 60

ai:
started to shorten Japan´s max_distance and max_staging_distance settings
Moved Japan´s build ai very slightly to carrier 
Slight improvements to GER build AI
Slight improvements to GER invasion of France ai

Events:
General: energy stock depletion event

-> CORE 0.50.23 for AoD

Mantis issues:
1009: Tech Team rebalance
1740: gameplay event (tech team related)
956: naval_doctrine techs (1930s techs more difficult)
976: armor_tech 
910: inc files for GER and CHL

misc.txt:
10 IC TT intervals

province.csv:
Oil increase of 5% removed
1 IC added to China (by rounding)
3 IC added to SOV (by rounding)
2 IC back to GER that were previously removed

gfx:
tech team pics for T1909, T2714, T2721, T2719

ai:
USA max_distance adjusted
Minor JAP ai changes
GER ai for attack on Benelux/France rebalanced

events:
Repaired flag sov_claim_bessarabia (was set as sov_bessarabia and checked as sov_claim_bessarabia)
This will cause 2nd Vienna arbitration to fire again

-> CORE 0.50.24 for AoD

Lots and lots of changes, try it out to get a feel.

This version is almost a Release Candidate, but not quite so you get a Beta 6.

Graphics packs (separate download):
CORE 0.4.9 Black & White graphics pack (137MB) - if needed rename into .exe
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.9 (170 MB) - if needed rename into .exe

And of course, the current version of Hagar´s travel guide:
"Download the CORE travel guide version 2.0, march 1st, 2011

Enjoy!

Back home again and found this nice surprise - thank you a lot devs, much appreciated!

Really looks like a major change from previous version.

Not save game compatible right? I am divided between starting a new game on this version or finishing the old one first.

Maybe you've missed it and thus haven't included it in this version: Titan made better hoi_counter_strip adjusted for CORE. It really makes the battlefield much more informative. Highly suggest you try it out - you won't go back after you do so.

Edit: Is it possible to just add misc.txt in the older version and expect all to continue well with the save game?

Last edited:
Hister,

There is a wide range between "not save game compatible" and "likely to crash on you suddenly". These may be ai files, flags, events that have fired etc.

So with a major change like this, go for a fresh game.

I hope you like the small "Tripartite" touches we have.

T.

Playing as CAN. I looked up the rearmament event. Not sure if I understood the event. Basically it says that rearmament will take place when CAN is at war unless one of the majors gets too aggressive before. What follows seems to be an increase in IC in certain provinces (at least in the following mobilization events). But actually nothing happens. The IC remains the same as before. Is this meant to create additional IC or is this a kind of AI-command?

Edit: The decrease of oil production seems to work, however.

Last edited:
Hister,

There is a wide range between "not save game compatible" and "likely to crash on you suddenly". These may be ai files, flags, events that have fired etc.

So with a major change like this, go for a fresh game.

I hope you like the small "Tripartite" touches we have.

T.

OK, noted.

Yes I enjoy seeing parts of Tripartite pack included by default :D

Playing as CAN. I looked up the rearmament event. Not sure if I understood the event. Basically it says that rearmament will take place when CAN is at war unless one of the majors gets too aggressive before. What follows seems to be an increase in IC in certain provinces (at least in the following mobilization events). But actually nothing happens. The IC remains the same as before. Is this meant to create additional IC or is this a kind of AI-command?

Edit: The decrease of oil production seems to work, however.
Adding IC and oil is commented out (see # in front of the line). Mobilization events do not give more basic IC, they change the effectivness of your basic IC (and the ressource production as it's tied to industrial efficiency). This results in more available IC.

Adding IC and oil is commented out (see # in front of the line). Mobilization events do not give more basic IC, they change the effectivness of your basic IC (and the ressource production as it's tied to industrial efficiency). This results in more available IC.

Too bad, would have made things easier - but it´s even more interesting this way. I like the changes with the tech teams; really helps to keep up with the majors, at least in some areas.

In older versions of CORE, CAN was producing too much stuff pre-war, so we stripped some of their starting IC away and gave it back with various Mobilisation events. But more recent versions have re-balanced CAN back to a better level, and so we don't need to artificially penalise CAN at the start, then boost them back up later. The events commands are (as Denniss noted) #'d out (so that the game does not read them), but we left them in there for now in case wanted them at some future date.

Tim

Tried Japan until Marco Polo, fjuuu, that is really a big change we have here. Having 10 tech teams from the start...

Inevitably, this is going to need some tweaking - perhaps some of the semi-major powers (JAP, ITA, even people like POL, CAN, etc) tech teams might need to be toned down a little. On the flip side, most of the minor nations get significant increases on their previous performance, which really does help them become more viable and keep up with at least the basic stuff they should be researching. Think of (for example) Finland, with 1 TT slot before - now with 2, and much more able to prepare for the Winter war etc.

Tim

Being on top of everything with Japan now feels wrong. Dunno what the future years will bring but for now I managed to check out ALMOST ALL research options in the given years. Toning down tech teams of japan for about 15 to 20 % would be reasonable. I otherwise totally agree with the change you made considering the minors. Before they felt disabled he he.

Great game you are making guys, thank you again!

And wait till 1940 and see how Japan is doing then. I am in 1943 with my Japan game and behind in several areas. Of course I am behind in electronics and radar, but also in aircraft techs.

You have to consider that quite naturally you will not do an Secret Projects as Japan, nor any serious armour research. And you start well advanced in naval techs. So in 1938 you will feel well ahead of things....

And wait till 1940 and see how Japan is doing then. I am in 1943 with my Japan game and behind in several areas. Of course I am behind in electronics and radar, but also in aircraft techs.

You have to consider that quite naturally you will not do an Secret Projects as Japan, nor any serious armour research. And you start well advanced in naval techs. So in 1938 you will feel well ahead of things....

You have a point there. From this perspective things are the way they ought to be. No need to tone down the Japs :D

I still get unwanted string when I'm chosing between the two naval brigades - for Japanese cruisers if I'm not mistaken. I thought that was fixed?

In fact, even the majors have trouble to reach their historical levels...
Even with the 10 IC per teach team boost?

It was fixed but broke again..... - attached file should fix this. Please place in mod-CORE2\db\tech folder.
Thanx for prompt solution.

Even with the 10 IC per teach team boost?

I mean America and Germany; if Japan lags behind it's perfectly ok from an historical point of view. But even nations which always had 10 TT and enough skill 7-8 teams to fill the slots, are lagging behind. Some techs take about a year to research and since there are so many of them there's not much you can do about it.