• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To be picky, it wasn't called the Warring States period at all - that was China, and somewhat earlier, IIRC. "Accept Truce" works really well, though, for the sort of 'extended civil war' that Sengoku represents.

To be extra-picky, sengoku means (depending on your translation leeway) warring countries/states ;)

To be picky, it wasn't called the Warring States period at all - that was China, and somewhat earlier, IIRC.

To be even more picky, it really was called the Warring States period :p

EDIT: damn moderators showing off...

Something's telling me this game is going to make me play other games, and click white truce after winning a really long war... not fun. Like the first time I played eu3, I came from a total war background, and worked everything out using the UI (except how to send merchants)... and then won the 100 years war and totally crushed france only to click white peace.

I am a bit concerned about the changes to white peace, but I suppose trying it won't hurt.

In particular, I often find myself capturing AI provinces to convince it that it isn't going to win the war, and it should just go away and leave me alone. If I'm forced to do this regularly in Sengoku, I'll probably end up with a lot of crap I don't want. So hopefully the change is done well and sensibly.

You just toss out the duff province to a vassal. This isn't EU3 where its going to hurt your tech speed or anything like that. Presumably though either the AI is going to be more willing to peace out, or wars are going to be a bit more final...

You just toss out the duff province to a vassal. This isn't EU3 where its going to hurt your tech speed or anything like that. Presumably though either the AI is going to be more willing to peace out, or wars are going to be a bit more final...

I'm sure there will be a similar system like in CK where the amount of provinces you can personally control are limited, so giving lands to vassals will be necesary.

To be extra-picky, sengoku means (depending on your translation leeway) warring countries/states ;)
Huh - that'll teach me to post "off the cuff" - they named it after the (earlier) Chinese period, just to confuse me! ;)