• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Premier Sakura Fujimoto of the Japanese People's Republic will always been loyal to the Soviet motherland.

Premier Sakura Fujimoto of the Japanese People's Republic will always been loyal to the Soviet motherland.

You might want to add some more ships and aircraft to your build que then, darned Commitern AI refuses to build anything!

Still, I cannot complain, seeing as I think this AAR will be pushing the HoI 3 setup to the limit!

You might want to add some more ships and aircraft to your build que then, darned Commitern AI refuses to build anything!

Still, I cannot complain, seeing as I think this AAR will be pushing the HoI 3 setup to the limit!

Japan apologizes for it's impudence, comrade.

Ehhh, Shogun 2 Total War? ;D

How about loyality of Poland, to its Big Bro?

It seemed fitting, though the Emperor is now the figurative head of the Japanese Communist Party. Who knew that such a imperialist figure was actually a communist at heart? :)

I just read though all of this, and I would like to say how much I have enjoyed it. It is really nice reading a HOI3 AAR that deals with the post-war.

Many thanks, welcome.

Victory in defeat; defeat in victory.

The new year brought a sudden change in government policy in the Soviet sphere. As a thanks to the brave soldiers who had fought on regardless against enemies both at home and far overseas, service by requirement was decreed at an end, allowing thousands of draftees to return home with stories of how they had fought seven or more different nations, driven through countless more, and liberated peoples by the millions. There were some who wished the Red Army to return to a volunteer army, but the current war making it impossible to enact should more men suddenly be needed. The simple fact was that the Red Army had plenty of Russian men ready to call up for arms, as well as the national manpower reserves of the other communist states across the globe.

1kaws.jpg

With so many trained men lacking equipment, the reduction of the draft was the natural choice, leaving thousands able to return to the factory.

The invasion of New Zealand was nothing special as far as Soviet operations in the Pacific went. After the fall of Austrailia and Hawaii, the Americans had abandoned all hope of defending New Zealand so far from supply centers. When the Soviet Marine and Rifle divisions landed on the North Island, the resistance they encountered was minimal - the New Zealanders would fight from the hills and mountains.

2landing.jpg

Little resitance, either by land, sea or air, was offered. The latter two were too important to waste, and New Zealander troops did not plan to face Soviet divisions head-on.

In avoiding fighting, the New Zealand Army managed to score a victory over the Soviets. Moscow had planned on being able to install a puppet communist goverment and leaving only a token garrison in place. Instead, the government fled to the hills, hiding with weapons caches that had been built up since the American withdrawal. The stage was set for a long, bloody Soviet occupation.

Not only did it put a spoke in the wheel of the Soviet advance, it totaly derailed it. Stavka had hoped to use the five Rifle divisions detailed to take New Zealand elsewhere, and it suddenly appeared that these troops would be needed to ensure the security of both the North and South Islands.

Elsewhere, things fared little better.

In Britain, the American landing had broken out, and the country was at severe risk of being over-run. Stavka was unphased however, and orders were issued to the 1st Mixed Army, the garrison of the British Isles, to conduct a fighting retreat to Scotland, and if deemed prudent, to withdraw over the Irish Sea.

3uk.jpg

The American breakout caused the fall of much of England.

The strange orders were quickly explained to puzzled commanders. All American troops were at the end of a long supply chain, easily exposed to Soviet raids, while the lifeline from Russia was protected by naval and air bases on the continent. The general consensus was that an American division bled in Europe was worth two American divisions being bled in the United States.

Spain was developing into the classic example of this. Despite supply shortages in Spain itself, Stavka was satsified with the reports of large numbers of American units in theater and began to order counter-attacks. The threat of a American breakthrough into France itself was nullified by reinforcements from Italy and the Balkans, as well as units from further afield, and had evidently encouraged America to send even more troops to meet a uncertain fate in Spain and southern France.

4spain.jpg

The American held area expanded, but so had the numbers of men placed in a risky position.

In Moscow itself, however, a secret Stavka report was presented to Brezhnev. The report revealed that the Soviet Armed Forces and that of her allies did not lack the manpower to defeat the Americans, meerly the equipment to do so. In short, the Soviet Union lacked enough deployed troops to both meet defense requirements and wage war at the same time. The report blamed over-emphasis on developing the Soviet Navy, and detailed the lack of industry commited to equiping new divisions and forming new air groups.

The effect the report on Soviet policy was huge. Within a week, a solid plan to overwhelm the Americans with Soviet military might appeared. Called the "Five Year Plan for the Military Security of the Soviet Union", it detailed that after the current expansion of industry (to be staffed mainly by returning veterans), that Soviet military expansion should increase drasticaly, with the goal of training, equiping and deploying a minimum of 50,000 men each month for combat. Should the plan run as economic and military planners predicted, then the Soviet Union would have long surpassed the American sphere in terms of military might at sea, in the air and on land by 1960.

The plan was ambitious, but time would tell if the Soviet Union could rise to the challenge, or if the Americans had the insight needed to take advantage of the over-extended Red Army.

And to think that the Americans are probably very confident right now, afterall they kicked the feared Red Army out of their country and now are liberating Europe

If only they knew the truth...

And to think that the Americans are probably very confident right now, afterall they kicked the feared Red Army out of their country and now are liberating Europe

If only they knew the truth...

GRU listening stations report that the Imperialist propaganda broadcasts are calling this "the turning point of the war", evidently forgetting the Soviet carrier groups based in Fortress Hawaii...

you invaded new zealand, worse you invaded it while it was still fanaticaly loyal to the UK. oh dear.

since the yast majority of the famers are loyal to the king and are also hunters your going to be there a wee while (like the next 20 years) don't expect those rifle divisons back before 1960, that or just hold the cities (at least in real lif that would be the case our country side is like a colder southeast Asian jungle)

Last edited:
Comrade! How shameful, you are supporting military activity when the European continent needs the Red Army to save it!

Stamp out the blue horde, and restore Europe to the Red Titan!

you invaded new zealand, worse you invaded it while it was still fanaticaly loyal to the UK. oh dear.

since the yast majority of the famers are loyal to the king and are also hunters your going to be there a wee while (like the next 20 years) don't expect those rifle divisons back before 1960, that or just hold the cities (at least in real lif that would be the case our country side is like a colder southeast Asian jungle)

Tell me about it. I prayed for to be able to puppet, as five rifle divisions go a long way for a army trying to cover so many fronts! It also leaves my marine elements without any backup for the moment...

Comrade! How shameful, you are supporting military activity when the European continent needs the Red Army to save it!

Stamp out the blue horde, and restore Europe to the Red Titan!

Sadly military nesscessity bends out the political consideration of allowing the areas occupied by the Americans to be oppressed. Those who suffer will appreciate liberation and the eventual downfall of America all the more for their part in enduring American tyranny.

Need to build them. Takes time. Time means fighting. Fighting needs troops. Troops need built. Building takes time. Getting them to where they're needed takes more time.

So, time=(2)time.

Or so they tell me.

Wat........

If you are building new units to make up for the shortage of actual combat units in garrison, I would imagine building garrison units would be quicker than building an entirely new combat unit.

You have no idea how badly I want to turn that European landing into a giant pocket. You have the men! But I understand that drawing it out benefits you most in the long run.