+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to Modding and Useful Tools

i knew this from beta testing, though this will not provide you from a huge "FUCKING AWESOME DUDE, THX" ;D
    maybe my english is not the best

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Nice, a quick question, what is different from ARMA in making new countries? just still a name, revolt, tech, ministers and leaders?
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Remember to add the name of the new minister/leaders/tech teams files to db/ministers.txt, db/leaders.txt and db/teams.txt respectively.

Darkest Hour Developer MartinBG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ^_AC_^ View Post
    Remember to add the name of the new minister/leaders/tech teams files to db/ministers.txt, db/leaders.txt and db/teams.txt respectively.
    That is needed only when using Moddir (as everyone should anyway ) AND when there are minister/leader/TT files that should be loaded from the main game folder. Otherwise you can remove db/ministers.txt, db/leaders.txt and db/teams.txt and put all L/M/TT files into the respective Mod sub-folders.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Well mostly, if i create a country like Caucasia, i just pick the Georgian and Armenian ministers and give them a new ID. So that I can create my countries in 5 minutes.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Emperador de España Sgt. Optimus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3500k club

Is there a specific event command or trigger for switching TAGs? Thanks.

Yes.

Check event commands.txt for details

type = country which = [tag] # Change the tag of the country the event fires for.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    The Kings CrusadeRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I was banned for expressing myself.,Sweden
    i get unexpected line error in 1914.eug when pressing singleplayer after trying to add a new country

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    The Kings CrusadeRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I was banned for expressing myself.,Sweden
    Should i start a new thread for this btw? im unsure...

I am currently trying to change some leaders. I can pretty much understand what i have to do, but when coming to the traits of each leader i have to put in a number. Sounds simple but i can't find what number corresponds with each trait. Where is that info?
    I am not using any editor of sorts, just the notepad.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiologos View Post
    I am currently trying to change some leaders. I can pretty much understand what i have to do, but when coming to the traits of each leader i have to put in a number. Sounds simple but i can't find what number corresponds with each trait. Where is that info?
    I am not using any editor of sorts, just the notepad.
    http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/i.../Leader_Traits

As i am currently doing a heavy uplifting of Greek leader and minister files, i was wondering what is the thinking behind each general's end date? A certain age? His historical retirement? His death?
    And what about those killed in combat during the war, for example in 1942? Are they fated to "end" in that date, no matter what? I suppose its only logical that an age limit is used, 60-65 at most, depending on his birth date that is. If the game persona of the historical person manages to outsurvive him is only part of the game.

P.S Do naval officers have a higher chance of dying when their ship is sunk? Would be extra-cool.

Leader's end dates are used only on scenario start (if scenario starts after leader's end date, then this leader is not loaded) and on new country creation in-game (same logic as above), so end dates should be as close as possible to the year when the leader historically ended his career. Once a leader is loaded he can remain active until the end of the game (end year is ignored).
    For ministers end year is checked on the fly so once reached this minister will not be available anymore. Same applies for tech teams.

There is no higher chance for admirals to die in naval combat.

So a leader ending in 1936, is or isn't included in the 1936 start? I'm just curious here, i've fully understood what you said, which clarified A LOT.

Leader with end date set to 1936 will be available in any scenario that start in 1936 (or before).

Ok cool, so i am deducting a year from all those i don't want to be included in WW2.

Oh wait, you are doing a 1933 mod, aren't you? Well moving them back to 1932 then.

is there any changes to models.csv not mentioned in the pdf?

i'm trying to implement new models names for some countries infantry and cavalry models, but the game will only display every other new model name i've put into models.csv

for example...
    MODEL_GER_0_7;Infanterie '26;;;x
    MODEL_GER_0_8;Infanterie '31;;;x
    MODEL_GER_0_9;Infanterie '36;;;X
    MODEL_GER_0_10;Infanterie '39;;;X
    MODEL_GER_0_11;Infanterie '42;;;X
    but in game only 0_7, 0_9 and 0_11 will correspond to models.csv, whereas 0_8, and 0_10 will still display as standard infantry 1931 and infantry 1939

Can someone explain why my files always seems to get corrupted even if I don't touch them? I just open them up and when I start playing the game says that the file is corrupted. I use Notepad++ all the time.
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast