• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
!

Wow.

I was just looking at the population bit in the game and I've made some interesting discoveries. The British Home Islands have been experiencing large scale immigration from the colonies.

To give an example: the Scottish Lowlands are only 75% British culture, they are 10% Gujarati, 5% Irish, 6% Malagasy and 4% Anglo-Canadian.

Across all of Britain and Ireland (with the exception of Ulster which is the only place that has flatly failed to industrialise and has attracted no immigrants at all) there seem to be populations of atleast 2% or 3% of Gujaratis, Malagasys and Irish whilst some places have Anglo-Canadians and even the odd Franco-Canadian.

I thought that Europe couldn't get immigration? At least not on this scale - we're talking millions. It must have happened in the last few years as well as all the colonies started getting statehood (most of this happened over the course of the last decade).

With such a large scale level of immigration we might have to have immigration as a major political hot potatoe in the 1870s. :p Although I'm not sure how I would deal with it considering you can't control immigration in any way in this game.

Interesting though. ;)

Alright! Time to show the world that Britain can still hold her own in a real war!

I was just looking at the population bit in the game and I've made some interesting discoveries. The British Home Islands have been experiencing large scale immigration from the colonies.

To give an example: the Scottish Lowlands are only 75% British culture, they are 10% Gujarati, 5% Irish, 6% Malagasy and 4% Anglo-Canadian.
Since you no longer have Australia and all of Canada in your grip, you're going to be seeing the Indian pops migrating to your homeland. If the British Republic was like in vanilla games, you'd be seeing the Indian pops going to Australia, New Zealand, Canada or South Africa. But, since you don't have them, they're going to migrate into the British isles.

I thought that Europe couldn't get immigration? At least not on this scale - we're talking millions. It must have happened in the last few years as well as all the colonies started getting statehood (most of this happened over the course of the last decade).
Yeah. Once a colony becomes a state, they can migrate freely into anywhere in an empire.

Attack, would it be possible for us to maybe debate and discuss surrender/peace terms?

I am foaming at the mouth with anticipation here!

That is of course, we win.

Well I already played through the war (not telling how it ends :p) so 'fraid not. :/

Since you no longer have Australia and all of Canada in your grip, you're going to be seeing the Indian pops migrating to your homeland. If the British Republic was like in vanilla games, you'd be seeing the Indian pops going to Australia, New Zealand, Canada or South Africa. But, since you don't have them, they're going to migrate into the British isles.

Yeah. Once a colony becomes a state, they can migrate freely into anywhere in an empire.

That makes sense. I still own new Brunswick and Newfoundland - but I guess a factory job in Britain or Ireland is probably more attractive than trying to survive by fishing in some godforsaken artic hell.

The migration is to be expected when you make the former colonies into states. Game doesn't treat it as immigration but internal migration. pops go where the jobs are.

k. IIRC in Vic1 immigration to Europe wasn't allowed.

Still not sure whether to bring the immigration into the story or not. :D Could be interesting, might go badly.

Still not sure whether to bring the immigration into the story or not. :D Could be interesting, might go badly.
Do it! I think it would be pretty interesting.

!

Wow.

Across all of Britain and Ireland (with the exception of Ulster which is the only place that has flatly failed to industrialise and has attracted no immigrants at all) there seem to be populations of atleast 2% or 3% of Gujaratis, Malagasys and Irish whilst some places have Anglo-Canadians and even the odd Franco-Canadian.

With such a large scale level of immigration we might have to have immigration as a major political hot potatoe in the 1870s. :p Although I'm not sure how I would deal with it considering you can't control immigration in any way in this game.

Interesting though. ;)

Well, I think that Gladstone and liberal economy can hardly be blamed for the unemployment under such conditions.

Wow...war with the frogs...and Austria...and Russia...and all we have on our side is Prussia and Spain?

So glad we invested in the navy a ways back...

I'm impatiently waiting to find out how the republic does!

How is Germany a threat?

Fighting with them and helping Germany form not only protects our ''former'' ally, but entrenches us in an even stronger alliance than before!

But Germany won't always be our ally. Sooner or later, the alliance will break down, as all alliances do, and then it will be fair game for war as soon as something happens. While I personally am supportive of a German-friendly peace, we at least need to look at all the repercussions of our actions, not just one or two.

But Germany won't always be our ally. Sooner or later, the alliance will break down, as all alliances do, and then it will be fair game for war as soon as something happens. While I personally am supportive of a German-friendly peace, we at least need to look at all the repercussions of our actions, not just one or two.

But why?

We will never have any real presence on the continent other than trade, France has an over seas empire, we can allow the Germans hegemony over Europe, we take French colonial possessions, everybody is happy, should war with Germany ever happen we can easily maintain a blockade!

Status
Not open for further replies.