• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AstaSyneri

Sergeant
92 Badges
May 9, 2009
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Impire
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Hi!

I recently bought EIC via Impulse and so far I like it. One thing that's bugging me, is this:

My first fleet found a ship. This ship is slower than the rest of the fleet, though, and takes up the 5th slot.

Now, since this is a warship I cannot build yet, I'd like to build a second fleet around it. I have built the tradeships and made up a second fleet in the same harbor, but I cannot find any way to transfer a ship from one fleet to another.

Is there a way?

The forum search didn't come up with anything, unfortunately... :(

This is accomplished while in port. Using "Designers Cut", Select the fleet commander. Then I believe there is a small ship icon in the lower right which brings up the ship transfer menu. Using this you can either transfer ships between existing fleets, in the same port, or create a new fleet with this ship being the the first. I am pretty sure the game will prompt you to accept selling a ship. Meaning it will give you one last chance to say no if accidentally press the sell button.

Sorry if this is a bit fuzzy. It has been several months since I played this game. I would suggest playing with this interface just after a save so if it does not go the way you want you can always reload.

Greg.

This is accomplished while in port. Using "Designers Cut", Select the fleet commander. Then I believe there is a small ship icon in the lower right which brings up the ship transfer menu. Using this you can either transfer ships between existing fleets, in the same port, or create a new fleet with this ship being the the first. I am pretty sure the game will prompt you to accept selling a ship. Meaning it will give you one last chance to say no if accidentally press the sell button.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

It still took me a while to find it: After the click on the fleet commander you need to click on the ship you want to transfer. Then, on the bottom left of the right colume (where you find crew, cannon balls, hull points, etc.) there is the ship symbol with the arrow.

Thanks again!