• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thandros

Ruler of Somewhere else
122 Badges
Oct 29, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
After the Success of North African Glory and the Failure of North African Glory 2 I bring You American Glory as bring Glory to the Americas. I'm playing as the Incas at 1399 start date on very easy difficulty and random lucky nations but all else is default.

Start

Viracohca looked at the map and frowned it seemed too small their must be more out there he knew it but couldn't prove it. shaking his head he looked closer at the nation. It was large and strong with only one organized neighbour Chimu. The other lands where held by nation less tribes who although fierce warriors weren't organized enough to stop him expanding into new lands. He moved away from the map his nation needed him right now he had to lead it and he prepared for more challenges.

eu320.jpg

He first had the greatest priests search the stars for knowledge on the future and any glimpse of good or bad luck as he knew that could make the difference in the future. He then ordered new laws regarding innovation to be made which allowed a limited amount of it. This lead to new thinkers appearing through out the country. One of them by the name of Cusichaca showed much promise in trading matters and came to the capital to help reform trade while much of the budget reformed the army to improve effectiveness. However for their unending support during the military build up the Nobles demanded some money and they got what they wanted. A tapestry was also ordered to show off some of the great deeds that had previously occurred in the land. Also to appease artisans some new rules were brought in that reduced the restrictions on the peasants. While combing through the scientific organizations set up in the wake of these new freedoms a Astrological Philosopher called Atocsopa was found who had great skill in reading the stars and had predicted several local events and was brought in to predict patterns and allow responses to them early on. Later even more innovativeness was allow and even more great thinks appeared. One of these called Puno was brought to the Capital and worked on reforming the Government. Later the People of Puno became more and more like the native Incas until their local cultures had largely been replaced by the culture of the Inca state.

eu321.jpg

But Viracohca was only mortal and he eventually died and he was famed for allowing more Freedom as well as securing the nation against threats from out side his own borders. After a debate in the high council a new elder was elected. Called Orco he had a lot to live up to but was agreed was a slightly better leader in terms of skills at least.

eu322.jpg

Our great leader Orco sat down and continued to run the country to the best of his ability. However the nobles soon arrived and demanded money for their valuable service and since the coffers were overflowing with wealth he gave into their demands. Later the peasants asked for a redress on the rules applying to them in terms of Serfdom. Orco was happy to accept such a request as this was a direction he wanted to go in. Due to trading instability the Centre at Cuzco moved to Tumbes on the coast. This lead to hardy men willing to go out into the wild gathering on the coast to plan expeditions. While few in number these men could eventually be useful. A another more skillful advisor by the name of Pascac was then hired to make more rapid progress in Advancing the Technology of the Inca in the government department. Then Orco died and a new leader had to be found after a debate they decided to place Cayo in this position.

eu323.jpg

Far more skilled than the previous leaders he started by ordering the weaving of a new tapestry. HE then moved the focus to Huancavelica to bolster it's affects. Under him however Pascac gained power and due to his useful abilities he was kept on (could take prestige hit and was already fully centralized.) We then found the Aztec people who lived far to the north and were trying to form an empire in the Region. (protector of the animist faith found Maya same way later and could have found Maputa but chose not to.) HE continued to move innovative but this time the stability of the realm was shaken by the move. HE then hired a new Advisor to shape the trade system to produce most profit. He then died after a prosperous rule. A new man brought in to rule went by the name of Tupac.

eu324.jpg

HE swiftly took over running the nation with vigour. HE soon hired a better man to look at the stars by the mane of Yahuar. HE sent form the fist group of colonists to move into unexplored lands. Sending the army in front of them to clear out Guayaquil the colonists then moved in but failed to establish a foot hold and soon perished or returned. More time passed and Tupac died. After another election he was replaced by a guy called Villac

eu325.jpg

Soon the Powerful Mayans were found and a new uncertainness washed over the region about the possibility of war with them. He then continued to move to an open minded society. This cause new thinkers to voice their Ideas but none were good enough. However then a cruel and brutal disease swept through part of the land killing many people but would have been worst if the government hadn't intervened. To help see the future Villac called for animal sacrifices to find the will of the gods. The COT then moved again into Chimu territory and after this insult war was declared on the Chimu people.

eu326.jpg

The Chimu put up little resistance and were soon annexed. Another group of colonists were sent to Guayaquil and was able to set up a settlement. We then hired a man called Zopanua who was one of the best at seeing the future in the stars. Then one of our old advisers died and we hired a replacement to create better trading fortunateness called Rumibari. Then several Revolts in Chimu broke out but we were able to suppress them with out to much difficulty. Zopanua then shows his worth when he makes a string of ideas and predictions which are spot on leading to his reputation improving ours. We continue moving Innovative and get more but low quality Scientists. Our government advisor then publishes a paper on how to reform the government to make the most of it. We then move our National focus to Lima to make the most of it. Another colonist to Cuenca then builds a new settlement. We then get our first technology up and improve and men abilities to fight on land.

eu327.jpg

Our nation continues to make progress and it might come faster in the Future. (land tech costs are a bit over 6000 now to around 16000 at game start for next tech for land at least.)

Thats one rough tech rate.

10% is never nice but it should go a little faster now as the next tech is just only 6000 away. On a minor note with a equal military and Administration skill My trade and government tech will go faster than land even though I'm investing in land as a 6 star advisor gives more investment than most of my budget.

Ok another update I've been busy recently so Here's another update.Note this will be very minimal as I've gone through a lot of History and a lot of Mundane uninteresting stuff so just rest safe in the knowledge that leaders come and go and I do generic stuff like send merchants and colonists. (note tribal democracies are awesome no stupid succession Crisis every time my guy dies)

Like I send up above stuff happens during this period and I continue to move sliders to allow for westernisation. I tech up a bit but only ever as far as level four when horrible tech rates come in (if they weren't bad enough before). The first important piece of information is I tech up enough to send Merchants to COTs.

eu332.jpg

Progress continues when later I'm able to build forts at long last.

eu334.jpg

Later on (quite a bit later on) I get my first Idea and pick colonial ventures to continue colonizing again (Centers of Trade have been moving all over the place for me).

eu339.jpg

Later on Again I look north and see something horrible CASTILLE is here and have two colonies miles away from where I am. I use spies to destroy one but the other has no natives to rise up.

eu343f.jpg

Castille later somehow manages to find out about me not sure how as I later get this Message.

eu344.jpg

Obviously they know where I am but have no Idea how to get to me as they later offer a white peace without any military action taking place.

eu345.jpg

Later I get more tech up including Production up to four. (This Picture shows pre westernisation tech levels which happens not too long afterwards.

eu349.jpg

Later through a colony event I get a border with a Latin Nation Aragon if your interested and I hit the Westernisation button.

eu350.jpg

I later do all the other Westernisation steps as soon as possible but I soon see a marked increase in tech rates and not long afterwards go up in land tech.

eu351.jpg

A tech floods in thick and fast I get an alliance offer from Aragon which I accept if only as a paper tiger deterrence to my enemies. I also go up in tech enough to get a second national Idea and pick patron of the arts.

eu355.jpg

Ok later updates might be more interesting if good stuff happens but if it doesn't then they could be very boring

I'm going to end this for now I've simply lost interest right It may resume later but for now it's over watch this space I'm Planing something for Hearts OF Iron 3

Ok Having decide to get this going again I'm giving you an update right now. It'll be brief while I get the cogs moving again.

Diplomatically I got into two wars with Maputa through my ally Aragon but both times I white peace out. Though they do grab a region off of Tripoli. I also get a couple of resist western influences which I let by. Also Aragon asks me to open my market up to them but they don't send any merchants leading me to suspect they don't know about much of my territory perhaps in the south.

eu338.jpg

Tech wise I now have artillery.

eu336.jpg

And then I get better warriors and horse men

eu337.jpg

I then get access to reasonable for my tech group units fire units. As always I go for the most balanced one.

eu342.jpg

I then get the Ability to both blockade and so bring pirates to my shores and hold monopolies.

eu346.jpg

Then I get the Ability to build Light ships and the production tech up same month is just coincidental.

eu347.jpg

Then I get another Idea and go with land of oppurtunity to boost he growth of colonies to enable them to finish up quicker giving me more income to put into tech. Also I got at some point National trade policy Which will be helpful If I move more to free trade and bring my trade tech more into line with the Western nations.

eu353.jpg

I also get two new leaders during this period neither good enough to reform the Governement.

eu340.jpg

eu352.jpg

I also choose to employ the importation act which is ok as it boosts my trade efficiency while harming my trade chances else where but I feel I get the better of the trade off as the slider move does nothing.

eu348.jpg

One other event apart from a centralise move that spawns a revolt that I fell is worth mentioning is that Gold was found in one of my provinces to the south increasing my hope that there may be even more down south but not by much.

eu341.jpg

To finish off a couple of maps first one of Europe showing the chaos that is there. MY ally is going better now and has gotten two regions back in Europe due to patriots.

eu354.jpg

Finally showing you China and southern Asia as well as now the Empire is going.

eu356.jpg