• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thandros

Ruler of Somewhere else
122 Badges
Oct 29, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
After the success of my first AAR I've decided that since Time waits for no man to write another one right away.

Start Date :1399 start of campaign
Settings:all to normal except difficulty to very easy (I'm a wimp) and lucky nations to random

Start

The Council of Berber tribes looked at the map. Their position was almost certainly one of challenges.

eu31g.jpg

On one side there was the Mamluks who would crush them like flies and to the west Tunisia was far stronger then them. Unafraid of these powers at the moment the council decide to allow more innovation in the nation to bolster the country through technological progress. The resulting Instability was quickly dissipated.

eu32t.jpg

Sensing the impossibility of their current mission the Council decided to replace it and formulate a new goal. They decided that rather than try to form an army larger than that of Adal they would create a decent navy. Upon completion they decided to fortify Cyrenaica. Which was already being fortified on the wisdom of several members of the council who managed to gather the required funds.

eu33f.jpg

Later the council heard news that Cyrenaica had converted in culture to Tuareg. Th council were pleased by these developments as it now meant that Tripoli was culturally unified.

eu34.jpg

Since the council was only an interim government while a new leader was selected they made steps to advance Tripoli by temporarily hiring a theologian to reform the religion and instigate reforms in Tripoli before he moved on. They also sent out royal marriages to strengthen the government in the eyes of other nations. They sent merchants to many centres of trade to try and get more money a task which had only limited success. After a suitable leader was found for Tripoli, a great man called Ali who had some distant connections to the royal family and was the closest relative who was clever and cunning.

eu35.jpg

Ali while filtering through diplomatic messages including Alliance requests rejected by the council he found several insults from the Mamluks and Morocco. He also found out that the council considered Tripoli too weak to take Libya from the Mamluks to save their people who lived under foreign control. He was given the task to establish trade in Andalusia a task he felt was not doable with his current resources. But he decided to press on regardless.

eu36w.jpg

Ali then got an alliance request from Algeria who were at war with Morocco and decided to accept with a cunning plan forming in his mind. He then received a call to arms and joined in the war. While the Algerian army protected his forces led by himself he led his men to take over Tunisia before going over to Morocco proper and finding it over run with rebels.

eu37.jpg

Waiting for the rebels to move on he led his men to capture one of the Moroccan regions. This convinced the Moroccan King to give into to Tripoli's demands and give up the two southern most regions of Tunisia, Gabes and Gafsa. After gaining these new lands men rapidly set to work building a fort in Gabes.

eu38.jpg

Last edited:
Now it is to the North of Tripoli!

Very bold move! Tripoli is a very poor and weak state, but you've made a good start! Congrats.

Announcement AAR IS GONE

On two attempts I got beaten horribly first by Algeria and it's allies and second time by Morocco and then Annexed I'm going to have to end this As I'm not good enough But don't worry I'll start a new one soon