• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finland 1830 – 1920

1830 - 1861

In september 1830 three russian soldiers where sent to a finich village to gather recrute a man named Sauli Vanhanen. He was just married and the soldiers woke him the morning after the wedding night. The young lovers begged for mercy but Sauli was almost dragged out. The young girl, Tarja, started pulling her husband back and in the coming struggle Tarja was killed.

Sauli was in the army for 2 years. Then he deserted. Something had snapped when his wife was killed. He became uppset with intepentend and freedom. In janury 1833 he had finally came to Finland. He started gathering guns, horses and swords, training a amry and finally attacking russian troops.

By October 1833 huge part of northren Finland was free.

Niculas the I was furias. He send over 40 000 troops against just 5 000 finish miltia. But he forgot the winter. Sauli was very lucky. This winter was the worst in 47 years. After the winter was only 7 000 of those 40 000 had surfived. They had been killed by Finlands and king Winter fury. The 16th of july 1834 was a good day for Finland. The day when Russia released Finland. Finland was a fully intependend nation.

On september the 16th 1834 he was crowned as King Saul the I. And on the 14th of may 1838 he married Wilhelmine Marie of Denmark. Saul I and Wilhelmine had 3 children, Peter, Saul and Tarja.

attachment.php

Wilhelmine Maria. Painting from 1838.

attachment.php

Saul the I. Painting from 1840.

Finlands scientists managed to get better medisent around 1840, something that got Finland a good populaton groth

At the year of 1843 the Unided Kingdom was involved in the war betvean USA and Mexigo. The UK had sided with Mexigo.

On desember the 6th 1846 Finlands first railroad was build, it was in Viipuri

attachment.php

Finland finest at Viiburi.

The war between UK and Mexico on one side and USA and Liberia was still raging around North America. Mean while revolts where spread around British India. At that time it seamed clear that an Indian nation was on the making. The Liberal revolution was still at its best but it had not set its mark on Finland.

The war between UK and USA was soon over, UK had to give USA some parts of Eastren Canada. The indian rebellion was mostly crushed. Panjap maneged to survied.

In the year 1853 Finlands population passed the 1 000 000 mark. Little later the Crimerian war started but Finland stayed netuaral.

The coming years where idle for Finland. But on the 11th of febuary 1861 Saul the I died in his sleep. The nation was devestaded. Some riots where. The rebels wanted recopuplic since the founder, and father of Finland was dead.

But this didn’t happen. Sauls first son, Peter was crowned, as King Peter the I.

And Russia, still angry at rebel Finland declared war on the 25th of August. Dark times where at head.

The great war, 1861-1862​

Peter acted fast. He made a allyince with Prussia and started gathering a army, Finland had a navy.

But then Prussia made a peace deal with Russia, a white peace. Peter was furius, years of improfing relation all for nothing.

As soon as the army was ready Peter led him to northen Finland. There the battle of Tornio took place. On june the 7th 1862 Peter fell in compat and the army surrenderd.

attachment.php

Larer that year a peace treaty was made and Finnland lost 200 000 people and huge land in nothren Finland.

Shortly after that King Saul the II was crowned.

1862-1920

Little by little Finland became a puppet of Russia and it remaind a puppet until the great British-Russian war. King Saul the II died on the 31rst of janury 1899 and his sister Tarja the I ruled until 1901. Then the 15 years old Saul son of Saul the II took the throne and was named Saul the III.

During that war Finland, along with Britain, crushed Russia and after the Ural peace treaty Finland was united along with getting getting the Russian holding in the Scandinavian peninsula.

Attachments

• img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    26,3 KB · Views: 28
  • Vilhelmine_Marie.jpg
    Vilhelmine_Marie.jpg
    61,5 KB · Views: 30
  • B&Oalbum129.jpg
    B&Oalbum129.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 29
  • _le-crimean-war.jpg
    _le-crimean-war.jpg