• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ve3609

Lt. General
68 Badges
Aug 23, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I was playing last night as Prussia when German Pan-Nationalists seized control of Holstein. I was offered the crown, so I took it. I didn't realize I would for Germany. :mad:

I played for a little bit longer but then I realized that I would have had to annex Bavaria, wurttemberg, baden, and still go to war with France.

What do you guys think? Should I keep playing it or forget about it?

what do you guys do when offered?

Once you SOI the three South Germans and also Luxembourg, they'll all individually apply for annexation. If you knock Austria out the GP club and SOI them they will also apply. It's not how I like to form Germany since I don't find it to be challenging, but it's not a totally lost game.

Interesting. I take it this doesn't work the other way around, trying to form Germany with Austria? The decision makes reference to an "Austrian Winds" event, though I'm not sure what it does, exactly.

ve3609, I don't see the problem... don't you want to be king/emperor? ;) Really, though, if not to form Germany, then for what other reason would you play Prussia?

Interesting. I take it this doesn't work the other way around, trying to form Germany with Austria? The decision makes reference to an "Austrian Winds" event, though I'm not sure what it does, exactly.

ve3609, I don't see the problem... don't you want to be king/emperor? ;) Really, though, if not to form Germany, then for what other reason would you play Prussia?

The Austrian winds event is the event that triggers for all the German minors when Austria enacts the Three Hurrahs event, which annexes them all into the new German union.

The issue that ve3609 is talking about is that it's the "bad" way to form Germany because it comes with a big prestige hit AND it forms you into a democracy meaning no more appointing the ruling party. It's more challenging and useful to form it through the decision instead of through crown from the gutter.

The Austrian winds event is the event that triggers for all the German minors when Austria enacts the Three Hurrahs event, which annexes them all into the new German union.

The issue that ve3609 is talking about is that it's the "bad" way to form Germany because it comes with a big prestige hit AND it forms you into a democracy meaning no more appointing the ruling party. It's more challenging and useful to form it through the decision instead of through crown from the gutter.

Actually, you turn into an HM's government, so you can still appoint ruling party. That's, y'know, why it's "Crown From the Gutter". Can't exactly have a crown if you're not a monarchy.

Actually, you turn into an HM's government, so you can still appoint ruling party. That's, y'know, why it's "Crown From the Gutter". Can't exactly have a crown if you're not a monarchy.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking about some of the old decisions from V1. Either way, you take a large prestige hit that probably isn't worth it. Plus, it's just not as satisfying as making all of the pieces come together to enact Three Hurrahs.

yea thats why I was a bit upset by it. I went thru the game. Whats interesting though is that you get a CB against the minors called "restore order"

yea thats why I was a bit upset by it. I went thru the game. Whats interesting though is that you get a CB against the minors called "restore order"

Yeah, the union tag always gets that CB on constituent nations in its cultural group. It's similar to what the US would get on say, New England if it became independent. It's basically a free pass to conquer them and bring them into the union. I think it's a messier solution than to just SOI them and have them begging you to join your glorious nation!