• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheArchMede

General
11 Badges
Jun 16, 2004
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Couple of questions.

First, factories that require multiple goods with different availabilities seem to buy what they want of what is available and then trash it rather than stockpiling it. e.g. a clothes factory requires dye and fabric. Fabric is available, but there is no dye to be had. It buys all the fabric its workers could use, but makes no clothes. It then trashes the fabric so it has to buy it again the following day, rather than stockpiling it until dye becomes available. Is this WAD, a consequence of leaving trade on automatic, or a bug?

Second, what is the priority between factories and POPs? My POPs have suddenly turned yellow due to not being able to obtain any fruit for their life needs. This seems to be because I conquered a province with a massive winery in it, and my pretty large local fruit production is now all being fermented. Is this the probable cause and is there any way to rebalance it without shutting the factory down? Its level 6 and if I could just knock it down a level at a time I would, but its making so much money, and there are so many workers in it, that I don't want to demolish it completely.

Yes, that how factories work, so when I building factories I look will they have both inputs available.
If by some reason I got out of ballance, I will reduce this factory workforce.
You can partially reduce it by closing/reopening factory.

Check that you have other factories to absorb workforce. close factory, watch amount of unemployed, they will gradually hied by other factories, spread evenly if there no focus.

Reopen factory straight away or little bit later depend on how mach work force you want to keep in factory. you can do same trick with other factory to fine redistribute workforce.

On other case, may be you can get an other source of fruit or you can reduce factory workforce using previous method. I actually believe population has priority, may be I am wrong. Are you sure it is fruits population luck?

Yes, that how factories work, so when I building factories I look will they have both inputs available.
If by some reason I got out of ballance, I will reduce this factory workforce.
You can partially reduce it by closing/reopening factory.

Check that you have other factories to absorb workforce. close factory, watch amount of unemployed, they will gradually hied by other factories, spread evenly if there no focus.

Reopen factory straight away or little bit later depend on how mach work force you want to keep in factory. you can do same trick with other factory to fine redistribute workforce.

On other case, may be you can get an other source of fruit or you can reduce factory workforce using previous method. I actually believe population has priority, may be I am wrong. Are you sure it is fruits population luck?

I am waiting on my organic chemists to discover dye. Which may or may not help depending on whether the inputs to a dye factory are available.

It is definitely fruit. Thats the one that's turned red in the tooltip. Even the capitalists that owned the winery were putting their last grape into the presses before keeling over from scurvy. Also once demand from the winery went down, the POPs started getting their fruit and turned back into their usual shades of blue.

Building new factories took too long, I think in another game I would just shut it down and let the craftsmen emigrate. My middle classes degraded terribly and I lost about 1/3 of my clerics in a year due to them not getting their daily apple. Other provinces I do have a selection of factories in, but this one I acquired from its previous owners with just a level 6 winery in it.