• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vonApo

Private
50 Badges
Dec 29, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
persia1.jpg

This is my persian empire, proud and prospering. The only problem is (don't get me wrong at this) - there are too many minorities.

persia2.jpg

I get allmost no conversion to accepted cultures in my conquered regions. Worst thing: some conquested regions are still colonies even after being part of my imperium for decades. I guess it's because literacy just won't rise and bureaucracy can't establish either (both at 100 % spendings from the first day on with invented positivism and everybody paid by the government gets 100% of his luxury needs). Even if I set a NF on promote bureaucrats - nothing happens, cause the minorities don't count as accepted cultures. And in these regions they won't turn into accepted cultures as you see above. "No valid target" for assimilation. Well, I could name one....

persia3.jpg

Had the nationalists as ruling party, had the conservatives. I don't see the problem. Played as Prussia aka German Reich before and every minority just disappeared after 30 years (no ethnic cleansing...) Any suggestions how I can start tu build up a real state with well educated and cultural accepted citizens? If you can answer my question, the persians will speak your name with honour.
Salam!

I believe that certain things make conversions easier, but I'm not sure what things exactly. I think having a majority in a province is one, animist to anything, etc.

Someone who's dug through the game files should be able to tell you more though.

How long had you been playing this persia game? For me, it always seems that things like soldier pop increases, increases in primary culture come in 'spurts' or waves. I'll have a steady increase in soldier pops, then a sudden surge.

Perhaps you need to play longer?

If you aren't a European power you'll never get conversion. That's just how it works for some reason.

Algeria will be 78% French a year after conquering it but the US west will be 2% yankee in 1936.

The European powers get too much conversions. In late game a newly taken colony can become 60% of your culture within a month (even though migration probably have a role too, but still unrealistic).

assimilation can only happen if there's a primary culture POP in the state for converters to join. So if you have no primary culture POPs availalbe, then it just won't happen at all. Moreover, there appears to be some sort of hardcode which makes assimilation less likely when the primary POP is smaller than the POP people are assimilating from. That's why America struggles.

Playing as Greece i conquered most of egypt to the point that most people in my country were misri and it took me 30-40 years to convert one colony to a proper state using focus on bureaucrats so it is possible but since your population isnt that big anyway its much harder

By European power, do you all mean Great Power? I know I've had success with assimilation as the Boer and Japanese.

Algeria turns French so soon because of immigration.

How long had you been playing this persia game? [...]
Perhaps you need to play longer?

Played it until the late 1880s but since there has been almost no conversion at all, even in countrys I've taken in the 1830s, I stopped playing now. It just seems like I am stuck. Literacy doesn't improve because most regions stay non-immigration "colonies" (after being 30 years in this single block of persian landshore) and so does industrialisation. Also it takes decades to get the basic technologies so my army won't have a chance against another secondary power like the ottoman empire. I am just waiting for the wolves to tear me apart and divide the parts among each other.

I started a new game with sweden now and to scandinavisize madagascar took a only a few years without any NF. Seems like I will stick to european powers in the future....