• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aliasing

General
24 Badges
Oct 24, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Divine Wind
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Alright So since my last AAR I've wanted to change my style to a more textbook style. The reason for the title is basically this AAR aims to predict a world where the sun is just a tiny bit bigger. Putting the Earth on the Inner edge of the Goldilocks zone (which is the zone of habitable life in the solar system). This would mean that The Earth is just that much hotter. Meaning strange levels of the ocean, Deserts where seas once were, and floating cities like Venice are on top of plateaus that were previously underwater.

So countries like Russia and Canada which have major icy islands and provinces are now filled with rolling fields and beautiful countrysides; while the prairie and drier provinces are almost uninhabitable and save for a few oasis settlements are almost completely abandoned colonially.

I will have some interesting things added in for flare like MILSketch Images and some other things that make AARs pretty (speaking of which does anyone know the name of that AAR graphic maker?)

Alright so the first chapter will be up soon.

Last edited:
Prologue: Episode 1

(Not none of the people in this AAR are real or will probably ever be real except for some key figures. Even then countries may be smaller than ever or nonexistent through this Alternate History AAR. Also major differences in war between real life and the AAR will occur frequently as portrayed in this chapter.)

"Despite mankind's wealth and glory we could not, and cannot stop the forever burning sun." ~Famous speech by the Renaissance politician Giacomo Antonio.

The date was September 1st 1939: The Second World War (also known as the 2nd Resource War) broke out when the Republic of Germany declared war on The New Duchy of South Poland for it's rich Oil and Water reserves. German Desert Corps and Panzer I's were deployed to deal with the enemy Desert Calvary used from the First Resource War (WW1). The defenses in Warsaw and other cities in and near the desert were crushed as the Germans didn't even bother deploying the Luftwaffe, quintessentially mocking the Polish Soldiers. The Poles weren't completely out-teched as The Poles mobilized the unfinished Tank divisions into the lines of German Soldiers.

RzeczpospolitaII.png

The Map of the Separated Polish Front (Black lines stand for Militarized borders)

The ingenious ambush strategy was the brainchild of General Aleksy Nowak; whom is just as new to the army as his surname suggests. Even the Master General Erwin "Desert Fox" Rommel was surprised by the sand dunes (tanks with camouflage) began to fire upon his troops. But alas the attack was in vein as Polish tanks were ill prepared for the obviously harsh desert environment.The tanks that were not captured along with their crew were abandoned and the soldiers moved on to different positions to either wait it out, or to make a final stand. The Polish troops that didn't succumb to the desert or were captured met up at a location they called "Ostatnia Nadzieja" or last hope. They begun to fortify their positions in order to survive long enough for the people of Warsaw to evacuate.

shibam-mud-brick-city-in-yemen-desert12.jpg

The City of New Warsaw in 1937; A full 2 years before the war and a year before the Artificial lake was built running through the city.

Six thousand Polish troops manned the Ostatnia Nadzieja's hill side bunkers and AT guns; in preparation of the German onslaught. The Poles have been said to had all gathered in one room the leader of the resistance, general Nowak himself begun to start a speech. He spoke of a free and reunified Poland under the rule of the South, and of returning to their families in victory when the artillery barrage began. The Polish resistance stampeded to their positions and immediately began firing regardless of who or what they hit. It is said the fervor and national pride of the Poles led to their downfall as the last Polish tanks were brought down when a stray AT gun hit an stray natural gas pipe causing a chain reaction leading to the decimation of the Polish front. Germans then proceeded to storm the hill fortification and capture or eliminate the resistance.

Warsaw fell within the hour. . .

Interesting concept, though I believe with the Earth hotter, there would be less land in some places due to lack of polar ice caps.

Yeah but in the process some places the world would have more land as it dries out from the closer proximity to the sun. Humans would probably develop artificial lakes in order to fill this out. (This is just an experiment so I'm not looking for extreme accuracy)