My country imports regular clothes, evenv though my own factories don't sell 100%

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DesertSnow

Colonel
50 Badges
Oct 10, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
According to what I see in the game screen, regular clothes have to be imported to fill the needs of my country. At the same time, a small percentage of regular clothes produced in my own country are not sold. How can this happen?

Note: I use 0% tariffs, so imported clothes don't cost less than domestically produced ones.

Bump the tariffs up some and see if the small percentage goes away. It could be the outside sellers have a better price. In the real world that is what would happen, in the constraints of the game's mechanics I don't know. I would assume it is the same.

are you in an soi? what is your prestige rank within that sphere? if you are a sphere leader then i would find this very puzzling... someone else would have to explain i guess.

Just to be explicit: if you are in an soi everybody has to buy from the sphere leader first, i think is how it works. so i could see if you were somewhere down the chain, perhaps you buy a little from a higher prestige producer first before yoruself. i think that makes senese. idk. hope that helped.

Last edited:
Prices you see in trade screen are global. All global production pile up, divided on global demand. After that all factories will sell same % of good world wide.

Buying work differently, you can not manipulate selling, only buying.

Raising tarrifs will makke imported good to expencive for population, reducing population demand on good. It wiill reduce word demand sligtly (unless you playing GB or china, which are a big % of world population)

So, it will have very little effect on how mach goods your factories sell.

I was the leader of a SOI. Plus, even if 1-2 nations in the world have a higher prestige than mine, aren't pops in your country (and in the countries of your SOI) supposed to first try to find the necessary goods in the "local market"?