• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
England is no more??!!

EDIT: What is your infamy?

And for any of the readers of this thread, how did qoou get such a massive France by 1657 do you think? (page 241). I never manage anything like that by 1700. Inheritance perhaps?

Last edited:
Wow. Very nice Portugal! When did you get QftNW?

My Ceylonese Empire in around 1858 before the save corrupted, using Terra Universalis mod.

6110094774_940d472235_b.jpg

6109548051_429a905b76_b.jpg

yes, that green is Russia.

And for any of the readers of this thread, how did qoou get such a massive France by 1657 do you think? (page 241). I never manage anything like that by 1700. Inheritance perhaps?

My guess would be that he's used the vassal exploit; IE every 5 years he's released a bunch of vassals with provinces that he has cores on. Once the truce runs out he cancel the vassalisation and dow->annex them for 0 infamy and then release them again for -2 infamy / province.

Inheriting a few Europeans and abusing Holy War can make you massive by that point though.

What i'd really like to know is how you're getting 30 magistrates per year. Was something added in a Beta patch I missed?

That's one big Finland out there.

Reminds me of a MEIOU game of mine. Denmark and Norway beat Sweden into chunky salsa, allowing revolter Finland to take it's OTL borders. Sweden at that point was an OPM in Stockholm.

My guess would be that he's used the vassal exploit; IE every 5 years he's released a bunch of vassals with provinces that he has cores on. Once the truce runs out he cancel the vassalisation and dow->annex them for 0 infamy and then release them again for -2 infamy / province.

Absolutely not. The only nation I released that whole game was Northumberland, in order to culture-shift to French.

I simply forced PUs on everything outside the empire with low legitimacy and non-stopped Holy Warred from ~1420 on. I could've done a WC by 1650 (uniting the empire would've burned a ton of infamy since I'd have owned all but 4 catholic provinces), but I needed the magistrates from the SoI.

In other news, it's frustratingly hard to get up to 1 on Merc/FreeTrade. 70 years between slider moves is no fun.

What i'd really like to know is how you're getting 30 magistrates per year. Was something added in a Beta patch I missed?

480 colleges, give or take.

Are colleges really that useful? It takes 20 years to break even, so I don't really get them.

Are colleges really that useful? It takes 20 years to break even, so I don't really get them.

It takes 100 years to break even: they cost 5 magistrates for 0.05 magistrates/year. So yes, as long as you get them before 1720 and you leave room for other level 5/6 buildings, they're useful. They also have the nice side effect of lowering revolt risk and stability cost.

eu3mapkbo18211.jpg

African Empire of Kanem Bornu. Outside of Africa, the whole world's a mess.
Persia used to be much bigger before a Polish invasion, Yemen controlled the entire Arabian peninsula, the Ottomans grew from OPM to their current size since 1792, Granada is the one who formed Spain, after they exiled Navarra to Canada, Denmark formed Scandinavia, and Brandenburg formed the HRE. They turned out stable and made for a worthy final opponent, although i was far ahead of them in the tech race.

I suspect your capital is now in NA?

Yeah, Bayougoula.

England is no more??!!

EDIT: What is your infamy?

Yep, Scotland has slowly been taking over England. England just reappeared a few in-game years before I took the screenshot.

My infamy... well, not quite sure because I just switched to Death and Taxes instead of DAO, so I'm not playing that save any more, but it was at least 40.

Wow. Very nice Portugal! When did you get QftNW?

I think I got it in 1435 or so.

Inheriting a few Europeans and abusing Holy War can make you massive by that point though.

that's a bit overkill , with 0.05/college you need about 150 of those...