• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(173841)

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Oct 17, 2009
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
When you start a game, the budget goes wild, the National Stockpile jumps from 30 etc. to nearly 100. The taxes you get jump around widly also. Im trying to sort it all out, and for it carries on into my gameplay, just constantly jumpy budget which affects population etc everything, and I keep taking loans cant get a profit, move down ranking, so get rid of military for money, soon the negatives comes again and a gradual slip down, it makes this game impossible, can anyone please help!

Just let sit for awhile. These random fluctuations are to be expected in the game, as they try to establish the various prices of goods and what they are worth. My suggestion is to be at maximum Taxation and tariffs until it settles down, and then change it accordingly about 6 or 12 months after game start. You will find that you'll be able to establish a better and better starting budget as you play more games.