• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tric

Demon
72 Badges
Apr 15, 2007
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Lead and Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
So yeah it seems that major battles freeze up. I had a stack of 700k men face 500k enemies (goddamn frog eaters) and even after like 3 years, nothing had changed. I still had about a 65% advantage in the battle, that's it. Really annoying since this was a large portion of my army, tied up and unusable forever.

This was in like 1881 or so :confused:

How do you think this was fixed in 1.2? I am pretty sure devs stated that it's WAD (working as designed). Late game battles are somewhy supposed to take ages (perhaps reflecting trench warfare). You can change it by adjusting additional stats you get from various technologies like machine guns which give ridicilous defence bonus.

P.S Also you can lower military tactics you get from every technology, as far as I know that also helps with lowering the duration of large scale battles.

I haven't seen any statements that the decade long battles of 1.1 was WAD. In any case the problem was that military tactics reduced casualties faster than damages increased; in 1.2 this was changed so that damage increases keep up with the damage reduction. i.e. battles are bloody at late game.

I haven't seen any statements that the decade long battles of 1.1 was WAD. In any case the problem was that military tactics reduced casualties faster than damages increased; in 1.2 this was changed so that damage increases keep up with the damage reduction. i.e. battles are bloody at late game.

Wow really? That's confusing.. And I already had edited the files to lower the gain of military tactics, darnit..