• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Embraer

Second Lieutenant
27 Badges
Jun 4, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I have yet to reach a point in any of my games where I have more than one national focus. This is due to me playing primarily as smaller nations such as my current game as Tuscany.

For my one national focus I usually use craftsmen so I can fully staff my factories. My question is the following:

When you have more than one province in your nation, should all/the majority of your factories be built in that province with the craftsmen national focus or can they be built anywhere and those craftsmen will migrate to the factories on their own? What effect do the priority settings for factories have on this if any?

Provinces do not have factories; factories are built for the entire state. All craftsman from every province in a state can work in that state's factories.

If you are taling about other states, craftsman would not normally appear in a state without factories.

Right, I meant to say states not provinces.

So if I have my national focus in one state, but built a factory in another state would those craftsmen migrate to the state with the new factory? Or should I only build factories in the state with the national focus?

I would say focus on building factories in the same state that you are promoting craftsman. Migration would happen, but the scale isn't generally that big. It'd be more efficient to not rely on that. But I would build at least some factories in every state anyway.

Thats what I thought. I try to avoid only having factories in one state...seems really lopsided in my opinoin. Plus, real life examples of nations which only focused on one region while ignoring the others-subsequently leading to mass poverty in those ignored areas- haunt my thoughts. That is why I always like to spread my industrialization around the nation as much as possible.

In my current Tuscany game I will be allowing popular voting soon which means my current ruling party which allows me to build factories will more than likely be tossed out. At that point I will be at the mercy of the capitalists who will build factories wherever they choose anyway. But before all that happens I am planning on building one last factory: A clipper factory. I have my craftsmen national focus in one state with a Steel and Artillary factory but want to build the Clipper factory in Fiorenza which doesn't have the national focus.

Decisions.....