• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(92458)

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Feb 7, 2008
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Is it broken or am I doing something wrong?

V2_2-1.jpg

Just posted a thread with pretty the same question.
As I think, your national bank was taken in loans by other countries and they don't seem to be very active in paying the loans back whatsoever.
Don't know how to fix it.

No it isn't broken, money just circulates more. Your pops use the money to buy more goodies, which is good to prevent absurd accumulation of riches to national bank, stagnating the world economy.

And they pay interest back yes, but that gets immediately withdrawn by some pops to buy stuff they need.

I see your point on accumulation, but when it comes to westernization you face strange situation - 100% of middle strata have luxury goods, high strata - 70-80%, and both have no savings - what should they invest into factories and all that staff? Moreover, I think there is some threshold of the volume of loans given by the bank, after which POPs don't seem to save at all. You can see how loans to other countries grow to some point, then stop to grow, and then nothing happens - that is the stagnation.

POP's dont seem to accumulate as much capital as they did in 1.1, i eventually managed to get my national bank up to 500k in the 1910's as spain in my latest game but it was close to zero most of the time.

Playing as Haiti, my capitalist wont stop investing into the national bank. They aren't opening or creating factories for the 6000 unemployed craftsmen, they are just investing in the bank.

I am Anarcho-Liberal too, so not much I can do either.

Capitalist use the money in the national Bank in order to invest. Thus why LF is still massively broken. Theres no money to invest

No, they don't. That feature was cancelled during development. So again, money in the national bank doesn't do anything. The only problem with LF is that its factories close at the slightest hint of trouble, not because capitalists can't build factories (they build plenty).

I'm sorry, when you scrool the POPs list there is a column of 'Income' which also includes 'Savings' - as I understood from manual/stratefy guide (I'm new for Victoria) these are not only needed for investing into projects, but also for internal migration and changing the kind of POP. So, I really doubt if money in the national bank doesn't do anything.

I'm sorry, when you scrool the POPs list there is a column of 'Income' which also includes 'Savings' - as I understood from manual/stratefy guide (I'm new for Victoria) these are not only needed for investing into projects, but also for internal migration and changing the kind of POP. So, I really doubt if money in the national bank doesn't do anything.

AFAIK savings only generate interest if loaned out. So if they just sit int the bank they don't do anything.

from what i've experieced, if you decrease you're tarrifs and lower your taxes on poor and middle strata, you should be able to see a rise in funds in the natonal (central) bank. your population ratio between all three classes may indicate a heavy bias towards poor and middle. if you lower your tarrifs, prices for the capitalist factories become cheaper therefore by default cheaper goods for the lower and middle strata. (correct me if i'm wrong about the tarrifs)

as far as loans are concerned, those are only available for other countries (and you're govt) to borrow from you. i actually borrowed money from own central bank at one point! hence, its where you get the gunboat diplomacy option. then again, in my games i rarely have anyone borrowing from me even with the national bank carrying around 20k and with a treasury at 400k.

give it some time, you're still in 1861. how are your commerce and industrial techs?

The only time I've seen a increase in the national bank (in 1.2) is when the country needs a loan.

No, they don't. That feature was cancelled during development. So again, money in the national bank doesn't do anything. The only problem with LF is that its factories close at the slightest hint of trouble, not because capitalists can't build factories (they build plenty).

You're wrong. Capitalist do borrow money from NB and pay it back with interst.