• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kiithis

Grand Poobah
83 Badges
Jan 3, 2008
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
So yeah, trying to form byzantine empire. I can already see I will soon be having manpower shortages and the NF only brings in 50ish troops.

I've taken Lebanon, Jerusalem and Gaza from Egypt, but after every war I have less and less troops.

max mil spending and always hire at least 60% of the brigades a pop can support. Once you get to 0.2% officers, you should get substantial soldier increases.
Anyone suggesting that you should go for 59% mil spending or something like that still lives in 1.1

Take Dumyat from Egypt. Build a navy base on the red sea side. Use that naval base as a springboard to launch a colonial invasion of Formosa. (You'll be safe from Chinese hordes there if your navy is halfway modern; steamer transports and commerce raiders are good enough). Get their WE/WS high enough with those two provinces you occupied plus any blockades you can manage. Land on the mainland if you dare for a big win with your tech advantage; the slaughter will give you a lot of WS if you can get a win before the stacks get too big.

There are some tech considerations, and you may not be able to support the naval investment, but if you can take Formosa, then you'll get 1 million Chinese dying to assimilate to Greek. I don't know how big your army is, it might not be easy for you.... Oh yeah, and max mil spending, that will increase soldiers in your native lands. But getting them from uncivs is usually easier, and China is the richest area for manpower, especially since they hardly ever wind up anyone's sphere.

Oh and be wary of naval attrition in the Indian ocean. It's not that bad, especially with fast ships, but you will definitely take some.