• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Digital Only - So i won't buy it. But AoD had a boxed Version, why shouldn't this have one, too?

Cost?

Save money by not having to print boxes and discs?

As much as I like having box and discs, I have to agree that it would be a waste of money for them to distribute any way otehr that digitally. Love mod34 so might cross the line and get my first digital distributed game when this is released. Actually will get Darkest hour as it seems it will be released first.

This too looks interesting. Now some ranting

Arsenal Of Democracy...Iron Cross...Darkest Hour....

Oh, why can't people just cooperate, realizing the final product will come out much better then. Yes...it will. I don't get it, if it's not for the money these projects are materializing, then why not simply cooperate.

No weird the nations you are portraying can't cooperate if not even you who portray them can. Yes, nations too perform better when united.

All three project will present us the same bugs and the same shortcomings, and all do the same unlimited crapload of work in the attempt to get rid of them.

The great mod-ability? How does it help when two++ are two other great projects out there that modders can and will spend their time with? And the low price? How does it help when there are two++ other projects out there we HOI maniacs can spend our time with?

Anyways, I hope these three HOI-projects, and the ones that have not yet been announced i presume, are willing to cooperate to some degree in the future

And good luck to you on this project :)

This too looks interesting. Now some ranting

Arsenal Of Democracy...Iron Cross...Darkest Hour....

Oh, why can't people just cooperate, realizing the final product will come out much better then. Yes...it will. I don't get it, if it's not for the money these projects are materializing, then why not simply cooperate.

No weird the nations you are portraying can't cooperate if not even you who portray them can. Yes, nations too perform better when united.

All three project will present us the same bugs and the same shortcomings, and all do the same unlimited crapload of work in the attempt to get rid of them.

The great mod-ability? How does it help when two++ are two other great projects out there that modders can and will spend their time with? And the low price? How does it help when there are two++ other projects out there we HOI maniacs can spend our time with?

Anyways, I hope these three HOI-projects, and the ones that have not yet been announced i presume, are willing to cooperate to some degree in the future.

Different visions for the game?

I have yet to buy these offshoot game, mainly because Paradox are releasing so many good games recently as well. But I might give one a go soon.

As much as I like having box and discs, I have to agree that it would be a waste of money for them to distribute any way otehr that digitally. Love mod34 so might cross the line and get my first digital distributed game when this is released. Actually will get Darkest hour as it seems it will be released first.

+2 I love boxs and discs but for such a small developer is pointless to relaese it as boxed, I heard that there may be some plans in the future for bexed version of Darkest Hour. But know I am gonna wait for more info about this and DK project.

Nice, 2 of my favorite modders in on this. Plus a lot more provinces. More pumped on this one compared to DH.
Looking forward to that :)

Those who didn't vist main site of announcments yet here is first info :

Developed by Irshappa, Iron Cross is an expansion for the Grand Strategy game Hearts of Iron II introducing a completely overhauled map with 4,000 new provinces, fresh scenarios as well an extended playtime of 1933 to 1964. New units and brigades, thousands of historical events, improved AI and an impressive new technology tree will ensure that Iron Cross elevates the Hearts of Iron II playing experience to unprecedented heights.

Main Features – Iron Cross:
- Play as any one of over 200 nations from 1933 to 1964
- New game map with more than 4,000 new provinces
- Over 6,000 new events
- Technology tree with a realistic research system across 800 technologies
- New units and brigades including special forces, infantry and heavy artillery
- Improved AI with greater depth and more options
- Will be compatible with Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon, Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour.

And some screens :

caratula_foro.jpg

arma_ironcross.jpg

Guaranteed, and the AI do a better job (I suffered in my own flesh the European conquest)

It's probably not only me seeing this, but the "compatible with DH or AOD" is quite interesting with this particular expansion. The road to actually making a expansion compatible to both AOD and DH at the same time cannot be far away, or said with other words: a stand alone, based on the best features from AOD and the best ones from DH.

The flexibility you give IC earns you a strategic advantage over both AOD and DH, as well as a more attractive game to both modders and game buyers