• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The GM AAR part 7 - The Fall Of Dive Right

Some interesting quotes from Day 9 that I should have posted in part 6...

Humanity First is feeling down after they misjudged billy bob
AVN to Lord_D said:
We are doomed.
sbr said:
Hey AVN, billy bob made an interesting post just now that contradicts the story you told dublish.

The GA is getting cocky.

trespoe said:
johho888 said:
trespoe said:
I am going on my gut instinct that says jens was the seer, and LS is still screwing around. With Euro (or jonti) stepping into that role, I foresee someone thinking like me, as well as for the laughs to hunt him.
No, you can't guard sbr again tonight so EURO it is then since he just subbed back in. Lets see if the wolves think like you.
yeeeeah I didn't think so either.

the wolves don't think like me. I am too brilliant for them. They should quake in their human-boots in my awesomeness.

Day 10 and Night 10

Village lynched Jopi Divine Right the werewolf and the last two plain villagers, Ciry and Kriszo
Priest scanned humancalculator the cultist (and current leader)
GA protected the priest
Humanity First first wanted to go for the blessed GA but changed to Slinky the SA villager

Eh, what, why!? :confused: Sure Lord_D's story in the thread was good and AVN's answer to sbr was also good (can't find it to show you) but still they weren't even run up and instead the Divine Right got wiped out.
The two extra dead goodies caused by walrus might have looked like a bonus to the baddies but unfortunately for them now there are fewer unscanned suspicious goodies to hide amongst.

I think this day was the first time the JL started to get the setup.
trespoe said:
Alright. I now suspect you gave us no seer, sorcerer, doctor, or witness, but passed out a bunch of 1 time scans. There are a horde of cultists, but only 1 or 2 actual wolves per pack.
Or maybe not?
johho888 said:
sbr said:
What have you done here johho? Where are the humans? Where is the Seer. :mad:
Tonight I will scan humancalc.
There better be a dead wolf in this update.
humancalculator is a cultist and there was a dead human in the update. :)
Can't help you with the seer though.

Humanity First still gets useful info from the JL but not the identity of the GA appearently

AVN said:
The GA protected randakar night 1, 3 , 5 and 7
That means most likely sbr was protected night 6 and 8 and will be protected tonight (night 10) again.

The GA is trusted by sbr and the GA is talking a lot. I suppose sbr is discussing with him his strategy. Trespoe and Raczynski went after me the last few days and therefore I think they aren't the GA. The player I consider most likely to be the GA is Slinky.

johho888 said:
The two extra dead goodies caused by walrus might have looked like a bonus to the baddies but unfortunately for them now there are fewer unscanned suspicious goodies to hide amongst.

In hindsight this was indeed the critical error I made.
I should have broken the tie ...
Not because not breaking it made me suspicious, but there were not enough unknown, uncleared players left.

The GM AAR part 8 - Pivotal Moment #2

Day 11 and Night 11

Village lynched EUROO8 the last cursed villager
Priest scanned Yakman and found himself a new apprentice
GA protected Raczysnki the hunter
Raczynski the hunter shot humancalculator the leader cultist
Humanity First tried to hunt trespoe but failed because he was blessed

But if humancalculator had gotten home 5 minutes earlier this is what would have happened:

Village tried to lynch EUROO8 but humancalculator redirected the lynch to sbr the priest
Raczynski the hunter shot EUROO8 the cursed villager
Yakman would still have been a possible scapegoat and not a safe goodie
Raczynski would still have been possible to cast doubt on
humancalculator the cultist would still be alive (even if he was exposed and would probably be lynched the next day)

and had Humanity First hunted anyone but trespoe or Raczynski they would actually have achieved parity and won.

If on the other hand the JL had gone for its original idea to have humancalculator lynched with a late outing (and humancalculator still got home 5 minutes too late) this would have happened:

Village tried to lynch humancalculator but he redirected the lynch to the blessed GA
Raczynski the hunter shot EUROO8 the cursed villager
Priest scanned Yakman and found himself a new apprentice
Humanity First hunted Raczynski the hunter
humancalculator the cultist would still be alive (even if he was exposed and would probably be lynched the next day)

Now though the game is up, there is no way the baddies can win.

Some interesting PMs:
johho888 said:
Lord_D said:
johho888 said:
Jopi was the only wolf in his pack so you hunt every night from now on.
Halleluja. Not a single turned wolf? :eek: This is pretty bizarre. How did Jopi manage to fail 4 hunts in a row? :p
Yes it is and sorry but I can't tell you right now. ;)
sbr said:
humancalculator is a cultist. I will announce it later, probably in the morning a few hours before the update.
That tie wasn't good but it did eliminate 3 people I hadn't scanned (Slinky, Kriszo and Ciryandor) and the most suspicious person out there (Jopi) so it wasn't completely crippling.

Here's who's left:
AVN: Not scanned by me, he claims to have Priest scanned and cleared Lord_D. He contacted dublish with this info. No reason to not believe this at this point.
walrus: No scanned by me, he claims to have Seer scanned and cleared Lord_D. He deserves to die for the tie he made today and would almost rather see him dead than humancalc.
humancalculator: CULTIST
sbr: Me, your friendly neighborhood Priest.
Lord_D: Not scanned by me, supposedly 100% cleared by oithers, I am doubting walrus' story at this point so I am not sure about him.
EURO: Scanned and cleared of cultist/sorc. by me.
trespoe: Not scanned but no reason to at this point. If you are bad then well done. :)
Raczynski: Scanned and cleared of cultist/sorc. by me. Claims to be a villager with Hunter trait. Maybe we use him to ensure that both walrus and hc die tomorrow.
Yakman: Not scanned by me. The one player in the game I know nothing about. He will be my scan target for tomorrow.

walrus and Raczynski did not respond to my PM I sent out last night. Not sure what that means, but combined with walrus' tie today makes me really doubt walrus' loyalties.

Lord_D said:
AVN said:
Some rest did me good. I'm sure about one thing. You aren't going to change affiliation anymore.
That's one worry less for me ;)
The moment you claimed you priest scanned me and sbr become quasi-immortal, I was bound to you forever :p
Ok, more serious now.
After last night's developments I believe we have a decent chance to win this game.
We only need to find the last remaining cultist …
Yep.
I agree with your analysis that humancalculator or EUROO8 is the last remaining cultist.
I used a different method, but the result is the same.
Because EUROO8 could have broken the tie and saved his master I think it a little bit more likely that humancalculator is the last cultist. But I'm not sure.
There's a slightly bigger chance it's hc. But yes, it's of little importance :/
I also think that he's 4th in command, but I don't really want to count on that.
Perhaps perhaps. Would be a nice bonus of course.
All others are goodies IMO.
The village will most likely lynch walrus today. That's fine for me.
Yep.
My best guess for the GA is trespoe now. I can hunt him.
Or I can hunt sbr, because I don't think he's protected tonight (see my analysis of yesterday).
But if he is, we waste a hunt …
I'd say hunt trespoe. I'm still not sure if there isn't a doc. And tbh it would seem like sbr is very trusting of us so keeping him alive could actually be a bonus.

Finally I can contact sbr, create some suspicions regarding hc and EURO and ask him to scan one of them. If he finds the cultist, he will out him, but as 4th in command he can change the vote and we win tomorrow. Of course we are gambling here that the last cultist is indeed 4th in command and that he will do what we ask him to do. In case hc is the last cultist I'm not sure everything will go according plan...

It'll come down on the fact if he has the 4th in command trait or not. But we're short on time. The game has to end today - through some miracle? - or tomorrow. It's a gamble, I agree :/ If the gamble fails there'll be and the last cultist dies, there's 5 people left. Perhaps we've hunted sbr by then. We might still win. Eitherway, it's gonna be close one.

Decisions, decisions, …
Finally I consider the contact rule flawed. We can just claim that we have contact with certain cultists, without really knowing we are in contact with them. It's something which need to be discussed after the game.
I totally agree. I think it was one of my first questions when I entered this game, and I had been speaking of it earlier in the general werewolf thread as well. Contact has to be more logical.
However I consider it against the spirit of the game to win without having real contact (in which we tell them we are the baddies) with them.
I would consider such a win tarnished.
I hope you can understand my opinion in this.
I do and I appreciate it. I just felt it would be an easy possibility when I thought only humanculator was the possible cultist. Then EURO came along and messed things up. He always does that -_-

AVN said:
Dear cultist,
I know you are the last cultist of Jopi's pack. I also think you are 4th in command.

But let's introduce myself first. I'm the only wolf of the Humanity First pack. Together with Lord_D (a cultist) we have infiltrated the JL. Therefore we do have essential information about what the JL will do.

We know that you will be hunted tonight by the hunter and unfortunately there is nothing we can do to stop that. But you can do us a big favour by leaderlynching sbr tonight. You will die tonight, but you will help the pack enormously if you leaderlynch sbr tonight.

I will inform the GM that we have contact and that I consider you now a member of our pack.
In the update and in some PMs after I called humancalculator a zombie and blamed zombieism for deciding the outcome of the game (possibly because I would so have enjoyed writing the updates for any of the alternative endings of Day 11). Anyway that was unfair to humancalculator and I apologize since this was more a question of timezones then of zombies. :eek:o

Last edited:
That was a good AAR. Again, thanks johho :)

The GM AAR part 9 - Wrapping Up

Day 12 and Night 12

Village lynched AVN the blessed werewolf
Priest would have scanned whoever survived of AVN and walrus
GA would have protected sbr
Humanity First would have hunted Yakman (hoping for a cursed)

Nothing much to comment on.

But the biggest post game question still lingers unanswered. Why didn't anyone praise my Photoshopping skills? :(;)

laserpdoxlight.jpg

johho out​

EDIT: I took the liberty to cut out parts of the PMs I quoted to make the AAR more compact (even if this became the longest one I made by far ;)). I hope noone quoted minds.

I still wouldn't have been scanned?

Brilliant! :cool:

johho, I don't mind you quoted parts of my posts.
And I believe I'm the person you quoted the most.

OTOH I feel that the role of Lord_D is quite underestimated.
He was important (at least for me) in this game.
His analyzing and manipulating skills (especially after the billy bob fiasco) helped our pack a lot.
Without his skills Humanity First wouldn't have gotten that far.

And that we lost in the end, I only blame myself for that (by allowing that big tie and hunting Slinky the same day :eek:o)

His analyzing and manipulating skills (especially after the billy bob fiasco) helped our pack a lot.

And that we lost in the end, I only blame myself for that (by allowing that big tie and hunting Slinky the same day :eek:o)
The quotes are of course only from the PM I got cc:ed on so that is why there are very few quotes from Divine Right.

Yes, had you won it would be hard to tell if you or Lord_D had earned the MVP award but as it played out I think trespoe should get it for his three GA saves.

I am also very, very pleased that so many active players made it to the endgame (which can otherwise get a bit dull just waiting for the few votes).

I really thank you for this kind post here :) As I said before we made a good team :p

And don't blame yourself too much, we had a good deal of bad luck. But apparently the other pack had even more :D

That day we had White Daimon was a real gamble. I thought by not outing him, we would see what would happen if he got run up. I didn't anticipate accidentally running up another cultist first, and getting ire from the other villagers. (Slinky & Lord Strange). It was Lord Stranges late vote there that cast doubt on Euroo8. Jopi had voted me also, along with Lord D.

I don't think a single vote was cast in this game in an effort to try and help fellow baddie..

I don't think a single vote was cast in this game in an effort to try and help fellow baddie..

I think that's a recent trend. People try to avoid leaving behind a trail that could incriminate the whole pack in the worst case. Which is quite understandable, because a looming baddie-victory can be ruined if someone who's been saved by the other members gets killed. I remember couple of games where we (a wolf pack) have been cruising our way to victory. The JL has been decimated, the other packs killed off, only thing that remains is to wait for parity and try to avoid dying. Even in those games, there have been some real close calls, when you realize by what the people are posting in the thread that if packmate X dies, then your whole pack is in deep trouble. And that's when you remember that the game has hunters and leaders...

In this game, we were quite numerous so indeed we could have sacrificed a cultist or two to maintain clean voting record. The importance of one's voting record is greatly increased when there's no seer. However, we couldn't afford such a slaughter of cultists, lack of nightly kills and hitting no cursed players.

That day we had White Daimon was a real gamble. I thought by not outing him, we would see what would happen if he got run up. I didn't anticipate accidentally running up another cultist first, and getting ire from the other villagers. (Slinky & Lord Strange). It was Lord Stranges late vote there that cast doubt on Euroo8. Jopi had voted me also, along with Lord D.
For what its worth, it gets a big THUMBS UP from me :) Have a lot more respect for JL who work in the shadows rather than just stand up and denounce. Also give better game IMO :)

For what its worth, it gets a big THUMBS UP from me :) Have a lot more respect for JL who work in the shadows rather than just stand up and denounce. Also give better game IMO :)
Certainly but to risk half the JL... It takes quite some cool nerves to just sit it out and not do at least a late outing to get some margin for errors.

Oh I got scanned. Feels less bad about my performence, still crappy. But a little less bad now.

Yeah, sorry about that. My analysis was a cover up for the fact that the priest scanned you and the GA leaked that information to me. I asked both the GA and the priest to do a real outing but neither of them wanted me to - they were fine with it as is.

And to be fair, that really did work - it gave them the information they needed to clear walrus in the final stages of the game ..

I misjudged billy bob though. But when I realised he was a villager, I was powerless to stop the bloody bandwagon on him ..

Edit:

That was one reason why I went after you with arguments instead of the big bad JL announcement gun: I knew you would not like it one bit. :)
Besides, I didn't want to move there without an agreement from my JL partners anyway.

johho888 said:
Certainly but to risk half the JL... It takes quite some cool nerves to just sit it out and not do at least a late outing to get some margin for errors.

To make things worse *I* was the one who made the initial case against WD, Trespoe and billy bob in the first place! I posted that analysis and 4 people jumped on Trespoe!
Of course two of them were baddies. Jopi and Lord_D. No idea why that little detail escaped certain people though ..

Last edited:
I do hope people now have finally learned that hunting me is never a good thing :cool:

It was a nailbiter.

I hit refresh so often... and to see White Daimon online and available to create a tie.....

If you enjoyed reading this game, then you might be interested in joining one of the new games. Trust me. Playing is far more awesome than reading :)

If you enjoyed reading this game, then you might be interested in joining one of the new games. Trust me. Playing is far more awesome than reading :)

Indeed. The current Big Game (see my signature) may have need of a substitute player pretty soon. *mutters at Lord_D*
And I'm sure the people in the_hdk's Lite game would be overjoyed to see a new face sign up :)