• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes they were removed some time ago. :)
But the military strategy is still viable.

I can't build 16 INT before 1939, and 60 MOT and 30 ARM before 1941. Are you mad? :rofl:

The last game I had as Germany, I managed went south to the Dneiper in Summer '41, north to Leningrad by '42 like the strategy guide mentions.

It's a shame my computer fucked up though, because I would have liked to finish them off for once. The funny thing was I'd continuously encircle and destroy in huge pockets, and achieve numerical parity, only for winter to set in and the Soviets to have a huge advantage again the next summer.

LOL. Sounds like a potential AAR. :)
Moscow in 41 can be done but you need to build 2 rounds of ICs in 36-37. Forget about the navy. Try to have 120 INF, 30 MOT/ARM and as much TAC/FIG as possible. Regarding military operations, strike south to cross the Dniepr asap. The AI will then slowly retreat, feeling that inner Russia is in danger. The key is to keep your mobile forces concentrated while your infantry distracts the Red Army when you are flanking them. Make sure you control the skies too.

Is 120 INF and 30 MOT/ARM actually possible on Normal? Even forgetting about Air Force, Navy and upgrading I doubt it is possible! I'm of course going to have another go soon.

By the way, what boni do the AI get over the player in Normal?

They get bonus units etc from events I believe but if you trigger them you are already doing well.

WiF AI is good but only cause it is heavily scripted against a human germany.
( I might be very wrong here but it feels true)

Bottom line there is no such thing as AI. A cleverly scripted game though can give the illusion. Otherwise you have the "break the front line and win" problem of vanilla.

Personally I can't do moscow in 41 safely( I am a cautious player). I had too many "almost" entrapments go horribly wrong as the the snow starts.

barb01.jpg

Trying Barbaross again now. :D

Built 3 runs of IC at the start instead of the usual 2. France and Poland were harder to crack, airforce is a bit smaller and my army isn't as modern, but I have more units and IC at my disposal. I also built 24 1940 subs and they work a treat for sinking transports when UK assaults my beaches.

Good luck with Kiev (but its not so important, more important to cross the Dnepr river quick)

But if u still want to take Kiev with force then remember its urban and u will lose lot of MP. So better should be to go around it and take it out of supply.

Why i suggest also attack from the north (and i do even attack in the middle too). Is to make 2 big pinchers and make a nice big middle pocket.

Then after that u 2 pinchers can go to moscow en Leningrad. All can be done in aug 41.

But this way with just one pincher and a very small area to operate, u asking for trouble.