• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Put him on a horse, give him a sword. He'll croak eventually. Just have to be patient.

Losing battles to kill your king isn't a particularly good idea...

Just think of having an inept ruler as a temporary increase in game difficulty.

Yea, but his heir also isn't very promising. So I can just hope for the heir's heir. Also, it's not about difficulty, but about the Prussian Reforms, for which I really waited for quite a long time (and then form Germany...).

I've been wondering this too. The suicide infantry against the walls tactic works seemingly well...although quite gamey (understatement).
Also, how does one procure better monarchs and heirs? I start off with great monarchs, then after a while, they dull down, then turn to utter sh!t.
By mid game, if I'm done with PU's and the like, I'll switch to a republic.

I've been wondering this too. The suicide infantry against the walls tactic works seemingly well...although quite gamey (understatement).
Also, how does one procure better monarchs and heirs? I start off with great monarchs, then after a while, they dull down, then turn to utter sh!t.
By mid game, if I'm done with PU's and the like, I'll switch to a republic.

I've had mixed luck but I guess if you get enough crappy rulers in a row, you could take a gamble on letting a pretender take over.

Make him a general, put him in charge of an unit, reduce military maintainence to low, move them around your country and then just wait till he gets backstabbed by hungry mutinees.

I've always wondered, how can he survive is he's leading 1,000 men in the middle of the Pacific when the fleet sinks? Does he swim back to his country?

How can he be instantly moved from commanding an army in Poland to one in Argentina? Magic?

Besides, the best way to kill a king is to cheat: kill (three letter tag)

I've always wondered, how can he survive is he's leading 1,000 men in the middle of the Pacific when the fleet sinks? Does he swim back to his country?

Same reason that a general can be commanding a grand battle in Europe, then the very next day, a colonial skirmish in the Americas, then the next day, taking on Samurai's in Japan. If he can do that, then surely the King just bails out instantly?

I'm actually keeping score of my succes ratio of the "heir falls ill" event, always picking the "pay a trained medicus". So far i've had 31 deaths, and 7 survivals.
allthough, 2 of those who survived, died when the event hit again..

to the OP: find a low supply province, make king general, move some 20k (or as much as you can muster), declare war on someone insignificant, and scorch the earth. Now wait, there's a high probability, that he will.

(Just lost 2 kings in a russia game, cuz i was scorching the earth with a 10k army.)

EDIT: also, i really think Generals, and kings, should die if their army is annihilated. I'm tired of killing 3 AI stacks, all led by their god general with 5 fire and 6 shock -.-

My heirs seem to fail horribly at the first...I can't count how many of them have gone hunting and then died.

Maybe there should be a 'Ban Hunting' National decision, which prevents this event but increases revolt risk (due to all the nobles with less to do on their free time).

What has been discovered by survey upon study upon investigation is that poor kings live longer, whether or not their 1000 level-1 tech infantry are cornered by a French Cavalry doomstack on Corfu, or sunk somewhere off the Icelandic coast. Whether the king's only skill is in swimming, or your nation pities him so much they have to pay his ransom or feel sorry for him is unimportant - they're just invincible.

There really are almost no ways to 'remove' unwanted rulers. Bar cheating, you'll probably be stuck with him for eternity. There is but one fate worse- the dreaded 'regency council'. Much to the intense dismay of players across the globe, this band of idiots can not be assigned to the intrepid exploration fleet with only enough supplies for the one-way trip, nor put as the sole combatants in your Thermoplyae-scenario versus the entire Ottoman Empire. Whatever comes of your (undoubtably failed) efforts to eradicate all vestiges of life from your bumbling monarch, as long as every single heir he has is not mysteriously killed while hunting you should be able to avoid the terror of being unable to declare the war that you wish for your council to be slain in.

I'm sorry to say, you'll be stuck with your king for eternity - yes, it has happened. These same poor souls have since migrated from the poisoned watering-hole that is EU3 dynastic succession to the dry lake of HoI, where their needs are even more direly ignored. I pray that this happens not to you, and that by some stroke of luck your king passes on with all possible speed. May the cry soon be heard throughout your nation: "The king is dead! Long live the king!"

What has been discovered by survey upon study upon investigation is that poor kings live longer, whether or not their 1000 level-1 tech infantry are cornered by a French Cavalry doomstack on Corfu, or sunk somewhere off the Icelandic coast. Whether the king's only skill is in swimming, or your nation pities him so much they have to pay his ransom or feel sorry for him is unimportant - they're just invincible.

There really are almost no ways to 'remove' unwanted rulers. Bar cheating, you'll probably be stuck with him for eternity. There is but one fate worse- the dreaded 'regency council'. Much to the intense dismay of players across the globe, this band of idiots can not be assigned to the intrepid exploration fleet with only enough supplies for the one-way trip, nor put as the sole combatants in your Thermoplyae-scenario versus the entire Ottoman Empire. Whatever comes of your (undoubtably failed) efforts to eradicate all vestiges of life from your bumbling monarch, as long as every single heir he has is not mysteriously killed while hunting you should be able to avoid the terror of being unable to declare the war that you wish for your council to be slain in.

I'm sorry to say, you'll be stuck with your king for eternity - yes, it has happened. These same poor souls have since migrated from the poisoned watering-hole that is EU3 dynastic succession to the dry lake of HoI, where their needs are even more direly ignored. I pray that this happens not to you, and that by some stroke of luck your king passes on with all possible speed. May the cry soon be heard throughout your nation: "The king is dead! Long live the king!"

Seriously King Richard the XI, this is one of the most entertaining post I've ever read :D. You either get:

+1
a cookie
or something Paradoxisshh

Take your pick :).