• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You did not fail to intrigue me, very interesting turn of events. Unfortunately, nothing can stop the Red, White, and Blue conquering the Green!

Mussolini recieved a fitting end after displaying such utter idiocy, the King isn't too bright either if he wants to continue fighting even as his empire is falling apart around him. I'm surprised Hitler hasn't become enraged enough to completely occupy Italy yet after such a display from them.

Mussolini recieved a fitting end after displaying such utter idiocy, the King isn't too bright either if he wants to continue fighting even as his empire is falling apart around him. I'm surprised Hitler hasn't become enraged enough to completely occupy Italy yet after such a display from them.

He did OTL, I don't know what is stopping him here.

Gotta love the AI.

As for the Germans, it looks like we will see a fight with them over Florence soon enough.

Well this has proven a surprisingly easy occupation of Rome. Or perhaps not so easy when considering the incompetence displayed so many times by the AI already. Nonetheless very nicely done, I rather think Italy will end up surrendering soon, regardless of Badoglio's fighting words.

You did not fail to intrigue me, very interesting turn of events. Unfortunately, nothing can stop the Red, White, and Blue conquering the Green!

I doubt anything will stop them from doing so either.

Excellent, Nice advance in Europe and the Middle East, New panzers for the fist of democracy:D

Yes, the Panzers are the mailed fist of democracy

That shall be addressed in the coming update. Also, remember, not every part of the empire is collapsing. The Italians control all of Dalmatia and the West Coast of Greece and the Italian Middle East is still holding strong.

He did OTL, I don't know what is stopping him here.

practicality. In OTL, Mussolini was merely imprisoned and Hitler rescued him and put him back in power. In this timeline, he is dead. Also, the Italian army still has very large reserves fighting in the Middle East. To do that would deprive Hitler of valuable men he needs to hold the Middle East.

Gotta love the AI.

As for the Germans, it looks like we will see a fight with them over Florence soon enough.

You are actually wrong, but not in the way you would probably think.

Well this has proven a surprisingly easy occupation of Rome. Or perhaps not so easy when considering the incompetence displayed so many times by the AI already. Nonetheless very nicely done, I rather think Italy will end up surrendering soon, regardless of Badoglio's fighting words.

I will certainly give them the opportunity to do just that, but I doubt they will except. Members of major Alliances have a tendency to fight to the death.

The Italian Empire was in a bad way. Rome had fallen, the rest of Italy looked like it would do so soon, and Africa would fall soon as well. The only bright spot was the Middle East, where insufficient troop numbers where preventing a decisive victory. Victor Emmanuel knew that Italy would most likely lose the war without substantial German help, but even then things did not look good. His only hope lay in holding the Middle East, where the bulk of the Italian army remained untouched by the disasters of recent months. He also knew that he could not end the war. If he tried and the Germans got wind of it, they would seize his remaining territory, seize anything of military value from the Italian troops, force the troops into internment camps, and then very likely lop off his head for good measure. Even if was not killed, he would most likely ride out the rest of his life, which was bound to be a short one, languishing in prison somewhere or as a glorified prisoner in his own palace. In the end, all he would have accomplished was his own downfall. He was already counted himself lucky to still have his head and his freedom and did not want to anger the Germans further. He also felt that if he ended the war, and the Germans forced the Allies out of Italy somehow, they would then take out their anger at his betrayal on the Italian people, which was something he could not allow to happen.
Back in Berlin, Hitler remained furious at what he saw as the murder of Mussolini and the betrayal of the King. However, his adviser's talked him out of moving against the new Italian government. the New government remained fascist and also remained in the war, what reason was there to storm in and give the King the boot and say "Off with their heads" to the rest of the New Italian government? Mussolini was dead and therefore could not be restored. Sure he could have avenged Mussolini, but he would also lose a valuable ally who's troops were quite possibly the only reason the Middle East was still standing. In the end, he weighed the potential loss of the oil rich Middle East against personal satisfaction and avenging Mussolini and decided the Middle East was more valuable.
While this was going on, the Military situation in In Italy continued to deteriorate for the Axis. Montgomery had made an advance on Bologna shortly after the fall of Rome that bore fruit almost instantly
30b2p9e.jpg

Eisenhower did not languish in Rome long either. He quickly seized Florence without any resistance and Montgomery instantly began to advance on Milan, the heart of Northern Italy
4gjf2c.jpg

The city fell soon after and he began to advance on the city of Trento soon after.
Eisenhower also seized La Spezia and began an advance on the city of Genoa.
2nbrak4.jpg

Soon after this, the new tank divisions arrived in Bologna and began to advance on Ferrara.
2gvr2g5.jpg

Shortly after seizing the region, Walker's tanks got their first taste of combat when they made an attack on the city of Venice.
rkmr9x.jpg

They discovered they took to it quite well and were able to seize the region of Venetia with relative ease.
Eisenhower also began his advance on the former French city of Nice. Nice and Grenoble where the only regions that Italy had been allowed to keep after the fall of France, despite the fact that they had managed to overrun much of the South of the country that now housed the Vichy regime. Now they were the only Italian held cities west of Dalmatia. Eisenhower's attack started out well and he was able to force its defenders to evacuate the city.
309suwj.jpg

However, the arrival of reinforcements shortly thereafter would result in his first defeat since the landing in Sicily.
30s9gd4.jpg

Back in Africa, months of campaigning had resulted in the liberation of two more nations. The nation of Congo
2vb3hg4.jpg

and of the nation of Angola shortly thereafter
2ptqpmr.jpg

Shortly after this, Walker began his advance on Ljubljana.
5x09j9.jpg

The region would fall shortly thereafter, the first German held territory on the mainland to fall.
General Lemnitzer also marched on Ar-Rawarshid
2hy87p.jpg

However, far bigger news would soon arrive that Montgomery had seized Lech and that Innsbruck would fall in a few days.
This was huge. These two regions where the first predominantly German regions to fall in the entire war. For the first time since the war began, territory that had been German before the war began was in Allied hands. This was also a very dangerous reality. This was due to the fact that these lands bordered sovereign German soil.American troops were now within striking distance of Germany itself. If not for some hastily gathered men, the British forces could have stormed right into Bavaria. Now Hitler was enraged. Thanks to Italian stupidity, which he now blamed solely on Mussolini, A sizable chunk of his native Austria now lie in American hands. Whats more, there was now a very real threat of an invasion of Germany itself. If the Americans ever got enough men to the region, they would pour across the border and rampage through Germany. The War had now taken a drastic turn for the worse for Germany.

Last edited:
Hitler must be pissed, as the US is on the doorstep of Austria.

See if you can persuade Switzerland to join you, just for the sake of an extra ally :p

Also, whats up with South America? Are they ever going to do anything?

The advance through Italy has more than lived up to every Italian stereotype ever, thanks to their utter collapse the Germans have been caught completely off-guard and Germany itself looks barely defended.

I see I misread the map in the last update. Florence turned out to easy. :eek:o

German troops were now within striking distance of Germany itself. If not for some hastily gathered men, the British forces could have stormed right into Bavaria.

German troops now within striking distance of Germany herself? Is that correct?

Oh dear oh dear, At this rate we might see democratic Austria soon :)

Not as soon as I would like I am afraid

Hitler must be pissed, as the US is on the doorstep of Austria.

He most definitely is infuriated.

See if you can persuade Switzerland to join you, just for the sake of an extra ally :p

Also, whats up with South America? Are they ever going to do anything?

I cannot get the Swiss to join as I am not officially alliance leader. Canada is. I have tried to change that, but my computer will not let me modify the game in any way. If I try to write an event to solve the issue, then the game freezes up during loading. If I try to use the scenario editor to change it, the scenario editor freezes up. As for South America, they are pretending the war is not happening and I cannot bring them in either.
The advance through Italy has more than lived up to every Italian stereotype ever, thanks to their utter collapse the Germans have been caught completely off-guard and Germany itself looks barely defended.

It will not stay that way for long.

I see I misread the map in the last update. Florence turned out to easy. :eek:o

German troops now within striking distance of Germany herself? Is that correct?
oops, thanks for pointing that out. I have now fixed it.

After the capture of Venice, General Simpson, who had been transferred to Italy after the fall of Ethiopia and Somalia, began an advance on Rijeka.
qx99vq.jpg

He was quickly able to seize the region, but Eisenhower would call a halt to all offensives in the Balkans region as he was afraid of overextending his forces, which had not been prepared for the magnitude of their success and were therefore stretched thin trying to hold all the territory they took.
Eisenhower also ordered an advance on both Grenoble and Nice.
29csah2.jpg

Both attacks were a success and the cities would soon fall to his forces. The Americans would now stand on the Eastern Border of Vichy France as well as its Southern border. Eisenhower now had a new goal. If he could muster the men to do so, he intended to link up with Patton and assist him in taking France. If that failed, he intended to make as big a nuisance of himself as possible to draw as many French and German troops to the East as possible, hopefully allowing Patton to break out of Spain. If he could break out of Spain, Patton remained confident that he could easily sweep through France, provided he kept up the pressure on his enemies and did not let them organize a defensive position.
Back in the Middle East, Clark had also been receiving a steady stream of reinforcements drawn from troops no longer needed in Africa. Truscot had received General Shepherd's troops and he and Clark launched an assault against the city of Beirut.
2czatfr.jpg

This time Truscott ad Clark were able to take the city, beginning a new round of advances in the Middle East.
This victory was followed up by an assault on Damascus by Clark, leading 10 American divisions and the North African troops he so despised. The assault was able to force the Axis troops in the region to retreat with the assistance of Truscott and the newly arrived General Oulton. Oulton was soon after promoted to Field Marshal and headed up an attack against the city of Ar-Rawayshad that managed to seize the region. Shortly after these victories, Shepherd and Truscott launched an attack on the city of Tripoli and managed to force the Axis defenders of the region to retreat.
2lthr46.jpg

While this was going on, the war in Africa was continuing apace. American forces had finally overran the last Portuguese position on the mainland and liberated the nation of Mozambique
2pzb52p.jpg

With the liberation of Mozambique, the last Portuguese colonies in Africa, save for a few islands of the Western coast, were now liberated.
Soon after, Clark announced the liberation of the nation of Lebanon.
4greio.jpg

He also announced the liberation of the new nation of Jordan soon after.
2zdumc0.jpg

Oulton did not idle in Ar-Ruwayshad long. He began an attack on the Karbala region soon after taking it.
1z6rs60.jpg

The attack was a success and the region would fall soon after
Eichlenberg also began an attack on Najaf from Jawr.
fu1a4j.jpg

while the attack was a success, he could advance no farther then Najaf. If he did, he would leave his flank open, so further advance in this sector would have to wait for the arrival of reinforcements from the soon to be over African campaign.
Clark also began a successful attack on Hims soon after.
9k8934.jpg

He decided to occupy it using only the 10 divisions under his personal command, leaving the rest of his force to hold Damascus.
Meanwhile, Back in Africa, American forces had finally kicked the Italians out of the continent. The last Italian forces surrendered in Cape Town and the Americans assumed control of the south of the Continent. The Immediately announced the liberation of the the Nations of Namibia.
2gwxudt.jpg

Rhodesia and Nyasaland
29dvkb7.jpg

And finally, South Africa
29dvkb7.jpg

This news was meet with fervent celebration back home. All of Africa was now free and Only Asia and Europe remained in the Axis grasp, and their grip on Europe was beginning to look more and more tenuous. Truman declared it a "A proud day for the African people". The continent that had been subjected to foreign rule since the Congress of Berlin in 1878 was now free. As for Bradley, the man who liberated the continent, he became a hero at home and a legend in Africa. He had liberated more territory then any American general in history and had done what few others could claim to have done, liberated a whole continent. Bradley became the darling of the press back home, much to the annoyance of Patton, and even more celebrated in the territories he liberated. To this day, he is still revered as the man who gave the Africans there freedom and regarded by many as the father of a free Africa. While many of these states where still ruled by white men, that circumstance would not outlast the war. As more and more Africans would continue to fight and die for the allied cause, they demanded more rights at home. Truman and his successors would support these changes and, by 1970, not a single African state would have a president of European descent. All of these states also received the full support and protection of the US after the war, which created stability and prosperity after wars end. Africa was free to make its own way once more.

Well thanks to Omar Bradley, Africa is now free at last.

I sure wish there could be some sort of compromise between Truman and de Gaulle in Algeria, because my Algerian partition plan was sort of like a compromise for this issue.

Nice job, thankfully this shall surely help deplete the Axis morale.

The liberation in Africa is good news, provided the new states remain fairly stable and democratic things have arguably worked out better than in OTL..

Not to mention the fact that Africa now looks so colorful.

Freedom for Africa! Huzzah!

Huzzah indeed. The long exploited continent is now free.

Well thanks to Omar Bradley, Africa is now free at last.

It is indeed. Bradley is probably my most successful general so far.

I sure wish there could be some sort of compromise between Truman and de Gaulle in Algeria, because my Algerian partition plan was sort of like a compromise for this issue.

It was a good idea, but I do not think that the French claim that Algeria was an integral part of France was much grounded in the reality of the region.

Nice job, thankfully this shall surely help deplete the Axis morale.

I think it will as well, however, you will see that the Axis and the Italians still have some fight left in them.

The liberation in Africa is good news, provided the new states remain fairly stable and democratic things have arguably worked out better than in OTL..

I think I addressed that in the last update, but I will elaborate in the next update as well.

Not to mention the fact that Africa now looks so colorful.

It is very colorful isn't it.

I apologize for the delay in updates. I have been busy with school and other things lately so I have not had time to write. I will, however, attempt to put up an update either later today or tomorrow. At the very least, I will have another update up by the end of the week.

Excellent updates, plenty of action, liberations and whatnot. Very good to see Africa now free, I rather think the Axis control of Europe and Asia will come to an end soon too.