• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anomanderus

Field Marshal
55 Badges
Jan 26, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Age of Wonders
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Poland thread. How can we make it more likely for Poland to succeed without doing something dumb like adding 20 more provinces for poland?

I suggest-

Taking away some of lithuania's cores on some more of it's territory, like what was done with the two rebel occupied provinces. This will cut down on lithuania's ability to support too many soldiers.

Give a Polish core on mazovia

That's all I can think about right now.

Remember, nothing stupid like "Poland should get a gold province or Poland should be able to time travel", sensible, minor changes that could be made that would make Poland more able to become some kind of powerhouse in eastern europe.

You ruined this thread with the title you gave it.

Don't strengthen Poland. Weaken Muscovy, the GH and Novgorod.

NO!!! Don't make Poland Latin tech.

I really enjoy having 60% cavalry and my cavalry cheaper than my infantry at the same time thanks to Winged Hussars decision and full Aristocracy. :)

Late 16th century after decision is picked, Winged Hussar costs 0.17, Saxon Infantry 0.23 monthly which means you can really field craploads of them making all those infantry-based peasant armies cry.

8041.gif

You only really need to touch the Golden Horde. They're so ridiculously powerful it's not even funny. The other two are chump change next to the 30k death stacks that the Horde spams over and over and over again.

The GH always seems to implode in a tribal succession crisis for me and be conquered by some weirdo like Moldavia :wacko:

This actually happened in one of my games. I was pretty pissed because I had vassalised Moldavia thinking they would end the war quickly, but it went on for 100 years or so before the GH gave up.

Anyhow, why should Poland be stronger? When playing with Bohemia I didn't have such an easy time beating them. I guess you could increase their base tax a bit.

WHY on earth do we want to make CERTAIN countried EASIER to play... ?

Dudes 2 things.

1) You have the right to be ridiculously proud of your nation and its heritage, but ... You can't change history.

2) If you play a game more and more, you're getting better at it (if you're not retarded). So if you make a game easier to play as you get better at it, you're really ruinigh it.

Now if you're suggesting we make poland more powerful when playing as france or bohemia, why not... Unrealistic but can be intersting.

It should be given cores on London, Ile-de-France, Thrace, and Roma. Its starting treasury should be 1 million ducats, and should be lvl 50 land tech in 1399.

Oh, and it should get no inflation for minting.

It should be given cores on London, Ile-de-France, Thrace, and Roma. Its starting treasury should be 1 million ducats, and should be lvl 50 land tech in 1399.

Oh, and it should get no inflation for minting.

If it wasnt for your name, I would actually believe that your post was non sarcastic, since this pretty much is a repost of all the earlier "poland supremacy posts"

The GH always seems to implode in a tribal succession crisis for me and be conquered by some weirdo like Moldavia :wacko:

This actually happened in one of my games. I was pretty pissed because I had vassalised Moldavia thinking they would end the war quickly, but it went on for 100 years or so before the GH gave up.

Anyhow, why should Poland be stronger? When playing with Bohemia I didn't have such an easy time beating them. I guess you could increase their base tax a bit.

Well, you know how I hate to be the guy who brings up the "L" word in a Poland thread, but from my experiences as Lithuania, that country gets absolutely slaughtered by the Horde in every game I play. I'm not even convicned it's possible to play as them from a 1399 start.

WHY on earth do we want to make CERTAIN countried EASIER to play... ?

Dudes 2 things.

1) You have the right to be ridiculously proud of your nation and its heritage, but ... You can't change history.

2) If you play a game more and more, you're getting better at it (if you're not retarded). So if you make a game easier to play as you get better at it, you're really ruinigh it.

Now if you're suggesting we make poland more powerful when playing as france or bohemia, why not... Unrealistic but can be intersting.

You obviously don't see the point here. It's not about playing Poland by a player. Any decent player can succeed with this nation.
It's about AI, that can't play Poland and Poland to easily collapses (after few years of Grand Campaign) in many games, what shouldn't happen with a country that in a EU3 timeframe during some periods (second half of 16th and first half of 17th century) had biggest territory in Europe.

The thread is going off topic... I would presume that the point of this thread is not to make it 'easier' to play Poland, but to have it survive for a long time period as a decent sized power than having it be attacked by stronger neighbors and collapsing.

1. Add a conquer mission for Mazovia, beside only have a vassalage mission.

2. Possibly a mission that asks for the development of a CoT in Danzig (Gdansk) when it becomes a Polish core. (I'm not positive enough on this, on how often the CoT is developed.

Also why is it that Lithuania has Polish as an accepted culture, but Poland does not have Lithuanian as one?

Last edited:
You obviously don't see the point here. It's not about playing Poland by a player. Any decent player can succeed with this nation.
It's about AI, that can't play Poland and Poland to easily collapses (after few years of Grand Campaign) in many games, what shouldn't happen with a country that in a EU3 timeframe during some periods (second half of 16th and first half of 17th century) had biggest territory in Europe.

I guess, give them undeserved cores then :p They'll do well and get rebels to work for them.

I'm not sure what makes you think Poland needs strengthening.
EU3_91.jpg

:eek:

Sorry to break the news to you but HttT RUINED that for Poland. :-(

You ruined this thread with the title you gave it.

It is true that in game Poland is unfairly "grounded" so to speak in the way it usually gets reduced to a few non-contiguous provinces when in real life it was a powerful country for several centuries.

Also, the point of this thread is to make AI Poland stronger, which some people seem to be missing. Poland should not be a TPM 50 years from game start.

Last edited:
OMG, Australia should be liek buffed 2 since they fought real well in the boer war and ww1 so the shud like also be really good in the eu3 times :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.