• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hey Gaga, great mod, I have a question though. While playing as Italy with your mod, I don't get influenced by Germany(or any other country for that matter) anymore. Is this WAD?

Do you get influenced often? I usually do only in later stages of the game, I always taught that it was normal.. isn't it?

Just a suggestion to your great mod.

How about to add a new tech category, Assault Gun.

As of now assault guns are just somewhat in self propelled artillery category, but it shouldnt be there as assault gun is not artillery....

Do you get influenced often? I usually do only in later stages of the game, I always taught that it was normal.. isn't it?

Well, in my last game as Italy in vanilla, Germany infleunced me several times, setting my sliders toward central planning/standing army/closed society, which is quite helpful as Italy. Those slider moves were before the war even started. It tends to stop when you join the Axis. Also, Romania & Bulgaria infleunced me a couple of times before the war, though this did not affect my policy sliders. In the last game I played as Italy using the mod, I did not get any infleunces by Germany or any other country in the period before the war. It's probably random if you get any slider moves, but influencing happens quite a lot from what I have seen so far(in vanilla that is).

Last edited:
hey Gaga, great mod, I have a question though. While playing as Italy with your mod, I don't get influenced by Germany(or any other country for that matter) anymore. Is this WAD?
Thank you!
And: Nothing was changed in regard of AI behaviour, so I would guess it is related to AoD, not the mod.

Just a suggestion to your great mod.

How about to add a new tech category, Assault Gun.

As of now assault guns are just somewhat in self propelled artillery category, but it shouldnt be there as assault gun is not artillery....
Thank you!
But: Assault guns are currently inside the tank destroyer tree to make these techs more versatile. Or do you mean the tech components for SP-ART?

I didnt notice you added Assault Gun to Tank destroyer tech tree.
They were always there. They are a new unit from AoD, but have only 2 models in vanilla and their stats are crappy. I fixed that with this mod. ;)

But didnt Germans have divisions with Stugs ?
So maybe it qualifies to be a division instead just a brigade.
Divisions with StuGs, yes, but pure StuG divisions sounds kinda... :rofl: to me. Remember that even ARM divisions in AoD are NOT pure tank formations, the 30% softness is from supporting INF and alike.

I could use some bug report for use with the new 1.03 version:
What's going wrong?
What's missing?
What's messed up?

Cheers,
GAGA

Last edited:
I could use some bug report for use with the new 1.3 version:
What's going wrong?
What's missing?
What's messed up?

Cheers,
GAGA

Well I can see all the tech tree changes OK - but when I started a new 36 campaign discovered that the national unity changes are missing - still the same as 1.02. Using the same installation of 1.03 when I started using the 'vanilla' game icon they were present ...

Beg your pardon, but what are these national unity changes?

Didn't find anything about that in the patch notes...

Ah, i see. This is due to the fact that the mod is carrying some useless (at least for now, it's for future planning) files with it, overwriting the patched ones.

I am about 75% done with the next version, I think it should be ready by the end of the week.

I am still working fiercly, currently struggeling with some omnious error message on a perfectly well written secret weapon event, but to give you a little update here is a list of things I have already completed:

- Assured 1.03 compatibility.
- Added flipped combat event pictures.
- Added a semi-modern light armor tech (and models).
- Added great war models (1918) for MTN and MAR.
- Added "Interwar" (1932) Infantry tech and model
- Added 6 MIL and 5 GAR models.
- Added 3 late war ('45, '47, '51) fighter doctrines.
- Added 3 mid war ('40, '42, '44) field modification air techs.
- Added 5 air recce ('40, '42, '44, '46, '51) techs and brigade models
- Added 5 new air command organisation techs.
- Added 5 convoy system techs (added some convoy raiding to other naval doctrines to compensate).
- Added 3 night combat and 5 radar combat techs for naval units.
- Added 3 late war ('45, '46, '48) motorization/mechanization techs for INF and ART/RART/AT
- Increased the chance for non-major countries (anyone but USA, GER, JAP, ENG, FRA, CAN, AUS, ITA, SOV) for tech team skill level gain until 1945.
- Changed airborne tank: Only a single tech, models have been moved to light tank techs, date and prerequirements lowered.
- All terrain modifiers adjusted: Values are now split in a malus for the attacker and a bonus for the defender, in general more severe for armored units, terrain techs have been adjusted accordingly.
- Increased the difficulty for amphibious assaults, esp. during the early game.
- Mission efficiency for air techs now distributed more evently between techs (reduced difficulty for some techs to compensate increased research demand).
- Added bonus for air tasks to several techs and reduced basic efficiency by -20% to compensate.
- Reactivated weather combat bonus for CAG/LCAG from air doctrine techs by moving it to CV/CVL.
- Airborne assault is now activated by first PAR model and moved some air assault modifers from air doctrines to PAR model techs.
- Theater Organisation tech moved from '52 to '48, but reduced bonus from 0.3 to 0.2.
- Increased bombing damage against ressources from 0.6 to 1.0.
- Deactivated acoustic torpedo brigade - tech now gives instant bonus for all SS / SSN instead.
- Added 5% TC modfier to railway transport techs.
- Assembly Line now gives an additional 15% construction bonus on all buildings.
- Rocket Assembly line now gives -10% build time for R-ART, SP-R-ART, submarines and nuclear submarines.
- Fixed a bug with Modern Blitzkrieg doctrine.

Last edited:
It was a day full of work, but totally worth it. New Version 1.0 has been uploaded, see first post for details.

If you find anything buggy or particularly strange, please report it here.

Thanks.
:)

Aaaand another update:

Version 1.05
- Added 2 CAV models and adjusted stats & dates for other ones.
- Transport planes reworked: Air supply now available with first model (though efficiency is low), early models no longer more costly than late war models, but stats somewhat worse, range slightly increased from 1940 onwards.
- Added positioning bonus for nuclear submarine to naval techs.
- Graphic enhancement: Year numbers instead of roman numbers for unit models.
- Modified FGT, INT, SH-BB and CVL icons bit to make them more distinguishable.
- Changed several interwar tech dates from 1936 to 1932.
- Removed all but 1936 and 1938 scenarios (tech offset was getting too large, they can still be added manually and played if desired).

All uploaded and ready. :)

Should be save compatible, but you know the drill: "No guarantees!" ;)

Even my savegame from '42 runs smoothly, and I do not complain that my panzers take a lot more damage now :cool:

One question is the 1.5 a full update ? or do I need the other updates as well ?

Last edited: