+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AoD Game & Scenario Editor

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Yea i hope that there is still work on this it seems to be dead but who knows well can't wait will make alot of mod editing way much easier.....as i have semilar for EU3 it is a hell of alot benifentual to moders...

Sorry for any spelling mistakes...
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.”Archbishop Dom Helder Camera Brazil

I think she is alive because she changed her location from Spokane to something else...

51 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

I think it's dead.

Sadly...
    Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
    Urdnott Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron III

Sorry folks about the lack of me on the forum this past 6 months. I had a family emergency (mother passed away) and just didn't feel like playing any games.

Ok, enough of about the pass. If no one else has created a Game & Scenario Editor and people still want it, please post here. If I get 5 or more replies asking for it Ill continue my work on it (between playing AoD games, of course )

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Semper FiMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

hi julie,

i think you had your 5 requests already?
    and if you're playing japan dont miss the fix i upped for them!

i think you had your 5 requests already?
    Well, that's a big Duh!

Anyone know if anyone else has started an AoD Editor? If not I'll start where I left off on mine.

Second Lieutenant dark_melancholy's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The Glory
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Not to my knowledge. Eagerly awaiting one, though.
    Brotherly Love - A Castillan AAR (CK) (dead):
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...=256683&page=1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Czarina Julie View Post
    Anyone know if anyone else has started an AoD Editor? If not I'll start where I left off on mine.
    We're dearly missing a fully functional editor. Please pick up your project again.
    Adaptation of the E3 Map to AOD -- December 22, 2012

armynames/navynames/airnames XXL -- December 09, 2012

hotkeys+ AOD

my VIP:R naval mod -- to be published

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold500k club

If this would make life easier to add in new TT and ministers why not. What are we waiting for?

1+ AoD Game & Scenario Editor
    Firmly loaded with Saxon/Aztec fighting spirit!
    "I will find a way, or I will make one" Hannibal!
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. Henry the V

AoD development team.

Yes, please carry on with the project. I'm pretty sure that what will work for AoD will also be useful for many other Paradox games, and this game definitely needs a graphics-based editor which allows you to see the changes as you make them. The one which was made for HOI1 was a god-send for coming up with nice, quick scenarios - it allowed you to just select the country, select the provinces, edit the province stats, create OOBs, add techs etc. all in the same application and all without the annoyance of missing out a bracket somewhere and making a mistake which ruins a day's work.

Edit: I believe this makes 5!
    Click here if you want to know what FOARP stands for.

"Fighting for your own freedom is also fighting for national freedom, fighting for your own rights is also fighting for your country's rights - because a free and equal country cannot be made by a group of slaves!" - Hu Shi

Edit: I believe this makes 5!
    Already restarted it but thanks for the vote.

OK, Cool. Then I guess it's FIDO!
    FIDO = F### It, Drive On!

All, I'm currently working on this during my weekends and am finishing up on creating my objects/scripts to save Save Games, Battle scenarios, and Mods. Currently the app can parse the three different files but there is a lot of 'business' logic (and other files) behind it. Since the parsing is complete, it's more "how do I want to do this?" or "this could be a sweet function." I'll try to keep this thread going by giving updates (and possible screen shots) on what's been done on a weekly basis (this way it will keep me programming since I need to show progress to the AoD community)

Teaser - You will be able to click & drag to transfer provinces, leaders, ministers, & units between countries. I really hated that functionality in the old editor where you had to remove the province from one country then assign it to the other country. A right mouse button click will let you do that now.

NOTE: Now is the time to make your suggestions heard. So speak up all. Please review the first post in this thread for what I'll put into the app base upon user's suggestions.

For those of you that volunteered (see the first post in this thread) to do the application translation, it will be awhile before I'll need to call upon your services. I really want to get at least 75-90% done therefore, any alpha/beta releases will only be in US English (guess I could do a English to English translation for those of you on the wrong side of the pond .)

Thanks all.

Private
    Arsenal of DemocracyVictoria 2

This sounds great, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Czarina Julie View Post
    Already restarted it but thanks for the vote.
    Great to hear!

NOTE: Now is the time to make your suggestions heard. So speak up all. Please review the first post in this thread for what I'll put into the app base upon user's suggestions.
    I guess what's already been promised (the map-based editor especially) should be more than enough.

For those of you that volunteered (see the first post in this thread) to do the application translation, it will be awhile before I'll need to call upon your services. I really want to get at least 75-90% done therefore, any alpha/beta releases will only be in US English (guess I could do a English to English translation for those of you on the wrong side of the pond .)
    No problem, we British do occasionally find Americans hard to understand, but this is not usually because of language differences!

"Fighting for your own freedom is also fighting for national freedom, fighting for your own rights is also fighting for your country's rights - because a free and equal country cannot be made by a group of slaves!" - Hu Shi

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is sounding sweet indeed!

I was sorry to hear about your troubles and the resultant haitus, but I'm glad it's back on track.

I guess this makes it 6
    Balesir.
    ======
    Arsenal of Democracy - Hearts of Iron 2 on steroids...

Thanks Balesir, It was one those things where it was nontreatable and that we (family) knew could happen at any moment. Still was hard.

I'm hoping to get a lot done during the holiday season (and vacation days). Maybe even a alpha release. Any alpha release will let one edit provinces and reassign them but will not have the Event editor or graphic map base editor. Those will take some time since I want the Event editor to do intellisense and the map editor to be able to redraw (or add new) provinces borders and ability to select numerous provinces (like drawing a box around those you wish to select...e.g. Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Paint .NET).

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

...and the audience goes "whooooo!"
    Balesir.
    ======
    Arsenal of Democracy - Hearts of Iron 2 on steroids...

whooooo
    "Any third-rate engineer or researcher can increase complexity; but it takes a certain flair of real insight to make things simple again." - E.F.Schumacher.

Double whooo!

OK, Here's my weekly update (doing it on each Monday):
    • I have the app loading save, battle scenarios, and scenarios (auto-detects what type of file it is).
    • The ability to update all pictures (scenario, countries, leaders, etc)
    • Language support for English (US) and German
    • Mouseover tip/field description when mouse is hovers over the field label
    I still have one biggie on the list, ability to save your changes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast