• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
help ?!!?

okay, here is the sad part about this mod, it's great and everything, but the problem is, Al keeps making troops, and wars and that stuff make the game super slow, so if u make it to the 90's with it below normal, that's great, but my computer wont support that, because when i was playing this mod on armageddon, the game went about 1 hour a second and i had it on very fast, or whatever the fastest speed is, so plz, can u please help me ?

help ?!!? (cont.)

oh and i forget, guess what year was it ? 1951 !!!!!!

What if a cold war mod would only cover the 1945-1990 period, more likely just till 1970.
Actually the Soviet block did not form till 1949-50, and the Warsaw pact itself came to being a few year later (1955).
And the focus would be a hot war in the early '50s.

the original tech tree EXTENSION ~EXTENDED~ the tech tree into 1960s quite brilliantly... If it can be pulled off with the same degree of realism and detail (Please Dear God!) than by all means!! Id love to have a grand campaign 33-13 or even 2023 for example! :rolleyes::D

pss So how much can the tech tree be stretched? Haven't played around with MDS 1.6 but is it only up to 6 horizontal trees or could it be more?

Last edited:
As far as extending the area is concerned, the limit the system is able to handle would easily give 5 columns and in a pinch could give 6 but look crowded. I may have to end up doing that for doctrines and/or industrial technology.
As for the end date, I aim for sometime around 2020, but no later. I believe the MDS system is more appropriate for futuristic wars, and will defer to Killerrabbit to develop that. I just hope that he skips developing for arma 1.3 and goes straight into developing MDS for AoD.

Last edited:
As for the end date, I aim for sometime around 2020, but no later.

Then maybe this little fella will be included among the late techs:

iron_sky_02.jpg

:D Look out for nazis in space!

Then maybe this little fella will be included among the late techs:

:D Look out for nazis in space![/QUOTE]

May I ask, where does this image come from?

I think it could be from the book "My tank is fight" or so. There are many interesting prototypes in that, like my friend the land-battleship P1000 - Ratte.
I would definetly support such unnecassary, resource eating prototype-monsters in the cold-war extension mod!!!

PS : Is it the Glocke you depicted there ? Nice :)

Well the photo is from the upcoming sci-fi comedy "Iron Sky", in which a group of nazis escaped to the Moon in flying saucers:)wacko:), setting up a base on the dark side where they could plan their return...in 2018!

And yes, the designs are developed from "die Glocke"(or Haunebu), the experimental anti-gravity craft. Would add much flavor to the secret weapons techs ;) The "Haunebu III" or something like that

Last edited:
A nice potential SKIF-ICON too :D

Do you mean something like this...?

:cool:

(Sorry for the Me 262 on the left of the picture, I didn't bothered to remove it)

Attachments

• FW Triebflugel.bmp
    FW Triebflugel.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 123
Do you mean something like this...?

:cool:

(Sorry for the Me 262 on the left of the picture, I didn't bothered to remove it)

Haha, spot on. Did you make that?

EDIT: Yes you did :p

Last edited:
I think that Triebflugel could be, if nothing else, the German equivalent of the Harrier jump jet.

Titan 79, can you resubmit that icon in lossless bmp or png format? Then I might be able to use it.