• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor Walter

Comrade
69 Badges
Nov 26, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
I have thought of a new idea for a succesion game (although somebody's probably already thought of it).

In a stadard succesion game, players play for a specific amount of time (usually twenty-years), in one single country, then turn over the save file to the next player. In a ruler succesion game, players play as one specific ruler, with the turn being that rulers reign (including regencies, diets, anarchy and such). If anyone is interested in this idea, please say so.

Rules: players play as one specific ruler, stopping and saving immediatly when the ruler dies. Each rulers reign constitutes one turn.

No cheating or exploits

Players have two days to complete their turn. When they finish their turn, they should write a mini-aar describing importent events in the rulers reign. The save files need to be posted online where players can then download them.

I know in some countries (Wallachia comes to mind), rulers are deposed and then restored to the throne. If this happens, the player who played that ruler before being deposed plays the ruler if he is restored. This is the only way players turn order may be skipped.

Players orders are determined by the order in which they sign up. Ex:

Player A
Player B
Player C
Player D

The order for the players turns would be: Player A plays one turn-Player B plays one turn etc. After Player D, Player A would play and so on.

We are playing with AGCEEP, options for say german unification are to be determined.

Countries that may be played are:

1. Austria/Germany
2. Hungary
3. Dauphine/France
4. Castille/Spain
5. Burgundy
6. Scotland
7. England/Great Britain
8. Sweden
9. Poland
10. Ottomans

If you are interested please say so, and the country that you wish us to lay as from the above ten. Votes for countries will be counted after two days. You have two days to sign up to play.

Current turn order:

1. Emperor Walter
2. BananaSplit
3. szmik

And I am voting for Austria.

Last edited:
Is AAR required?
If not then I'd like to join.

Vote for Hungary.

Is AAR required?
If not then I'd like to join.

Vote for Hungary.

The AAR is not required, just a brief overview of what has happened during the turn, so the next player knows whats going on.

Ok, two days have passed, and the playing order is set. We will be playing Austria, with the 'Kingdom of Germany' option on. Expect the savefile in two days.

we could try, but I'd prefer to stay as Austria

The option will be possible, but actually achieving that (or wanting to) is up to the player. The goal of this game is simply to make Austria the dominant power in Europe, whether through expanding through germany or not is up to the player.

Albrecht V 1419-1439

I don't have time to post pics right now, so I have to skip that.

Ok, at the start of the game, I used half of the starting funds to create an army totalling 20,000 men, with a ratio of approximatly 5 soldiers/3.5 Horsemen. The other half of the money was used to promote Bailifs in Salzburg and Austria. In december 1420, the Hussite wars broke out, with Romanist Bohemia attacking the Hussites. I joined reluctently, although my strategy for the war was: keep maintinence low, and don't get involoved as much as possible (the Hussites are nearly invinceble at defence in the first few years). The Hussites were kept at a constant Stalemate by Hungary & the Romanists (who I was allied with). In the 'Gesara of Vienna' I chose to grant the Jews extended priviliges. Instead of inherting Ansbach, I gave it to Bavaria. The Hussites raided Salzburg in force several times, although I managed to repel them. The infantry was greatly reduced though, and I didn't have much money to recruit more. This continued until the 1430's, when I was disturbed to notice that the Taborites ere ruling the Hussites, instead of the Utraquists. The Hussites then made peace with the romanists for 60% of Bohemia. I have no idea why the did this, as virtually all the provinces of Bohemia were occupied by them. Anyway, the Hussite wars are still going, as a result, by the time Albrecht died. I became alarmed at this and sent my army into bohemia, where all the infantry were wiped out (all though the cavalry still survive). I also reorganized the national defense system, gaining a small fortress in Salzbrg as a result.

Hungary has lost Dalmatia and Croatia to Venice, and Banat to the Ottomans, and is on the verge of falling apart.
The ottomans are going crazy, they have already conquered Byzantium, and are moving into Hungary. The Hussites are at war with Virtually all their neighbors. In 1438, Albrect was elected Holy Roman Emperor, and gained Hungary as a Vassal (but not Romanist Bohemia). Albrect died in 1439, and the vassalage over Hungary was broken, although it may be restored. I have royal marriages with virtually all of the HRE, Military access through Bavaria, and Royal marriages with all of Iberia (except Navarra). We have traded maps with most of the world. Frederich V (next ruler) has also been elected HRE.

The future for Austria looks good, but the present looks bleak. We are almost Bankrupt, and our army has been devasted by the war.

PS-I think I forgot to switch on the Kingdom of Germany option, so if someone could edit the save to allow this, I would be grateful.

Here is the save:

Attachments

• Austria Save.rar
    314,4 KB · Views: 56
banana, are you playing?

OK, I'm playing this mess.... and man, I was almost annexed by damned Hussites when events made my game last longer. :p And it's pretty boring with no income and nothing to do. But I took several screens. :cool:

Do you think we should start over as some other country?