• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fire and Ash

Lt. General
105 Badges
Dec 4, 2009
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Gettysburg
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • East India Company Collection
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Changing History...Just a little - A 1936 Afghanistan AAR

king-zahir-shah.jpg

On the 28th of June 1919, the treaty of the Versailles was created. A treaty that signalled the end of the First World War. Too many though it represented an armistice, in the words of one French general, Ferdinamd Foch, "This is not a peace. It is an armistice for twenty years." These words would prove to be more true than ever imagined.

In 1933 January 30, Nazi leader Adolf Hitler is appointed Chancellor of Germany by President Paul Von Hindenburg. Within his first year he removes dozens of civil liberties, makes trade unions illegal, appoints himself Dictator of Germany and leave The League of Nations.

Three years later.

It is now 1936, The League of Nations is falling apart, war has come to the world. In Africa, The Ethiopian nation battles for survival and the might of the Italian military. In Asia, Japan begins the advance, to forge a new empire, an eastern rising sun. In Europe, Germany has been rebuilt as a nation and along with their homes, they have also rebuilt their strength, its gaze turning to the lands of France and Poland. On the other side of Europe Spain is facing revolution, a civil war that could effect all sides in this coming war. When war faces you on all sides, the treaties that once held forces at bay fall apart before your eyes and the greatest empires in the history of the world fall, how do you stand against this?

That is the question being asked by the Head of State in Afghanistan, Muhammad Zahir. The course of history tells us little of this nations actions during the course of WWII, but as I have said, I am going to change history...

Just a little.

*Notes, as I am playing a minor country there will be moments when I will skip large portions of time, just to speed it up. I don't thing you guys would like to see the same images all again and again...*

Political Map Overview.

qpfhv4.jpg

e7lyd1.jpg

Military.

vnpa2o.jpg

*I'll be posting Democracy, tech, intel, politics and statistics in the next post. Also any feed back on the pics. I've been having problems with Photo bucket, with images that are huge or too fuzzy. *

Last edited:
Muhammad Zahir Plan for the Future

Muhammad Zahir outlines his plans to his commender's for the following years.

The best defence is a good offence. Always be on the attack and never give your enemy a chance of respite. Muhammad Zahir bared this in mind as he outlined his strategy.

2nc17qf.jpg

To remove the threat of war from neighbouring nations Muhammad Zahir decides that expansion is the best and only way of ensuring a free and independent nation, man power and resources must be found. His focus shifted, his eyes being drawn to the other nation along its western border.

Persia.

Last edited:
Afghanistan seems harder than Hoi 2.Less IC (was 6) and it vanished the border with Sinkiang!Sinkiang was always my first choice since if I wait too long I have to fight Nationalist China!
On the paper http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Country_statistics Persia seems stronger but if they start with a tiny army like Hoi 2 it will be an easy victory.
However some values are strange:it should be 5 IC and 2.5 LP,not 4 IC and 3 LP...surely you have some modifiers (negative politicians for your IC,for LP I don't know).

Afghanistan seems harder than Hoi 2.Less IC (was 6) and it vanished the border with Sinkiang!Sinkiang was always my first choice since if I wait too long I have to fight Nationalist China!
On the paper http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Country_statistics Persia seems stronger but if they start with a tiny army like Hoi 2 it will be an easy victory.
However some values are strange:it should be 5 IC and 2.5 LP,not 4 IC and 3 LP...surely you have some modifiers (negative politicians for your IC,for LP I don't know).

Yeah, I found that slightly weird that they changed it from the HOI2, but what's even more weirder is that Persia, a much larger nation, has pretty much the same manpower. Tech wise its also very similar, so it makes for a good war between the two.

Most of my Politician are positive, but that annoying part of a monarchy government is that 3 of my politicians can't be replaced. My head of state gives me a -5.0% IC. :cryingface:

*Some time has passed, so only the stuff I feel that got my attention will be shown in this post.*

Troop Movement is noticed on the most eastern borders of Afghanistan

a9qlno.jpg

Illegal Printing is met with an immediate clamp down.

2m6aaub.jpg

Zahir refuses to let capitalist factions exist in his nation.

2qimcs4.jpg

Persian Troops are seen across the border

In a public speech, Zahir pointed out blatant a build up of troops across his border and the recent refusal of trade as insults to the Afghanistan people. It is remarked by a few of the least influenced by propaganda that this supposed troop build up has succoured in only one province along the border. No one seems to pay any attention.

2rddeab.jpg

Japan's main ally before joining the Axis is beaten

2znwk07.jpg

Troops around the Capital are redeployed along the Persian Border

After monitoring the diplomatic relations between the two nations surrounding his nations position, Zahir has reached the conclusion the war between the two and Afghanistan are far off. Deploying the newly avialable units along the border in preparation.

2dhwt8i.jpg

World War II Begins.

Russia invades neutral nations in Northern Europe. Germany uses the confusion to launch attack in the rest of Europe, absorbing a host of smaller nations. The Allies respond by declaring war on the Aixs, in an attempt to defend their member nations at risk. War has come to the world and for a second time a generation will fall. Zahir orders all his commanders to gether for a meeting. (I will outline the meeting in the next post.)

jjv1c3.jpg

ngoyt4.jpg

Last edited:
Plan for the Future

World War 2 has begun, and to whether this storm Zahir set out his plan for the future. To secure Afghanistan position in the world, Persia must be taken. Outlying his plans, he also indicated the stratagem that must be taken for victory in this war.

Campaign Plan.

2gufols.jpg

The campaign was in three stages. The force is divided into four sections. Group A, B, C objectives in Stage one were simple. Swallow as much territory as possible before this reforming at the first red line. Any Enemy encountered where to eliminated as quickly as possible, by brute force or out manoeuvring the enemy till it was in a disadvantage. Group D was to do that but also to secure the vital port, supplying Persia with most of its income. Removing that would be a huge blow.

Once all units had formed at the red line, they would move forward again. The stop in momentum, was to let the enemy reform and set up another line, with what was left of the forces. Once enough enemy units were there, the three groups would move forward again, to reform at the final red line. During this time though, a division from A group would turn around securing any territory that was lost in the rush forward.

Once all units had formed at the final line, they will rush forward, surround the last Persian city and secure it.

The plan was ambitious, but failure was not an option and Zahir's words were absolute.

Last edited:
oooooo a minor AAR something interesting hope you can do well with them.
Persia first... the world next... to big?

"The bursting radius of a hand-grenade is always one foot greater than your
jumping range."
-Unknown

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
-Unknown

oooooo a minor AAR something interesting hope you can do well with them.
Persia first... the world next... to big?

jumping range."
-Unknown

-Unknown

You don't know how right you are. Though I am questioning whether I have just signed my nation's death warrant. Only time will tell on that one, if your wondering what I mean by that, it shall be explained. Update coming today or tomorrow and its going to be a really big one. :eek:

I think I know what you mean, attacking someone can draw unwanted attention towards you, so tread carefully, can't wait for the update :cool:

jumping range."
-Unknown

-Unknown

I think I know what you mean, attacking someone can draw unwanted attention towards you, so tread carefully, can't wait for the update :cool:

jumping range."
-Unknown

-Unknown

Oh' no. This I brought on myself. Anyway the update is seeming more likely to happen tomorrow. Uploading 200 images to Photo buckets take a LONG time.

My guess is the USSR interferes. I haven't played HoI3 yet (beyond the demo), but I know in HoI1 that attacking Turkey or Persia had a strong tendancy to cause that nation to shortly thereafter ally with the USSR and bring them into the war on their side, unless you are pretty strong, the USSR is at War with Germany, or the nation in question is already aligned with a faction. I expect there's something similar to the Monroe Doctrine going on for the USSR and their neighboring countries. While the two games aren't the same, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened if Afghan attacks Persia early on in HoI3. ;)

Nice with a minorAAR, I'll be following although I don't really like hoi3 so much but I like minorAARs.

200???????????????????????????? good god man are you going to be sane after uploading that many?

jumping range."
-Unknown

-Unknown

200???????????????????????????? good god man are you going to be sane after uploading that many?

jumping range."
-Unknown

-Unknown

With the way things are going, I think so. I started upload 4pm yesterday and it finished 11:30 am the next day. I still have another 20+ to add. :eek:

Anyway, the update is coming, if a little later then planned. I promise you guys, it will be worth it.

Afghanistan Mobilises

In preparation for the war with Persia a call of arms has been sounded throughout the country. In every City, Town and Village, men of fighting age sign up to fight for King and Country.

2w4gsih.jpg

WAR: Persian VS Afghanistan Begins

After monitoring the diplomatic situation in Persia, Zhair has come to the conclusion, that if a war with Persia is to be fought without outside influences, then it must be thought now. Orders are sent to the troops along the border, to begin the invasion.

2w3ylj6.jpg

34dhobn.jpg

2wlugxi.jpg

The Battle Kashmar

2m6u58n.jpg

New Laws are passed to Support the War Effort

2hz5rn5.jpg

Zahedan is Seized

sb30nb.jpg

War Update: First Month

14cwwb8.jpg

The Defence of Gerimenj

Immediately after Germenj is seized Persian reinforcements begin their assault on the province. Without the time to dig in, the defenders are now put at an immediate disadvantage.

eqromf.jpg

Troops are sent to Reinforce the Advance

33c6bti.jpg

The Defence of Gerimenj

The Royal Guard are sent to aid in the defence of Gerimenj by removing some of the pressure on the defenders by assaulting the attacking forces flank.

16ay69z.jpg

Afghanistan Loses the Defence of Gerimenj

Even with the courages efforts of the Royal Guard and Defenders in trying to hold the province the Persians break through. Afghanistan receives its first loss in the war.

s4cmet.jpg

Second Update

While encountering heavy resistance in the north of the border, progress has been swift in the south and the objective of securing Persia's only port seems only a matter of time.

ipsj6w.jpg

The Battle of Khur

Without the need to concentrate on the defenders, the Persian troops turn their attention to the Royal Guard, crushing their assault and forcing them to call off the attack.

5nrv53.jpg

*More is coming, Just really tired right now. Damn my week body for requiring sleep every 58 hours*

Last edited:
Troop Movement and Manpower Levels

After the recent defeat, Zahir ordered that all divisions movement, troop and officer levels be reported. He began work on a new strategy, in hopes of utilizing this information.

37tdf.jpg

Recapturing Gerimenj

Troops on both sides of the province begin to assault the Persian infantry, trying to force them back out.

4rf5go.jpg

Lack of Persian Troops

Zahir becomes interested over the lack of Persian troop by the border. Deciding that they must have been completely unaware of the invasion from Afghanistan.

29bg3tg.jpg

Battle of Darband

mvtbvk.jpg

Persian Port Seized

With the lack of troops near the border, Afghanistan forces were able to seize the port unopposed. As the only port in Persia, the loss was projected as a crippling blow to the Persian economy. As Task force D had completed its objective, the force was split up. A Militia division would hold the port, while a Calvary division would make its way north to assist in the combat there.

iwu3nm.jpg

Last edited: