• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've got VV 2.2, using 1.2, and it's installed properly. It's working fine now so I'm thinking it was a problem on my end. Sorry to bother :)

Still enjoying an epic game!

You mean this from static_modifiers:
Has anyone tested to see whether this could be altered by decisions or laws ?
Probably not directly, however you could add an event that adds a modifier that adds/removes a % of manpower to each province that isn't in your official culture group.

Effectively doing the same thing.

BTW, manpower %s are additive not multiplacative at a provincial level (fortunately). I.e. if you have -90% manpower and you then get a modifier that adds 5% manpower you then have -85% manpower for that province. At the national level they are multiplicative (which is good, that makes sense). Note that wrong culture is additive since it's basically at the provincial level, just applies to all non culture provinces automatically.

Last edited:
I've got VV 2.2, using 1.2, and it's installed properly. It's working fine now so I'm thinking it was a problem on my end. Sorry to bother :)

Still enjoying an epic game!

Glad to hear.

Probably not directly, however you could add an event that adds a modifier that adds/removes a % of manpower to each province that isn't in your official culture group.

Effectively doing the same thing.

BTW, manpower %s are additive not multiplacative at a provincial level (fortunately). I.e. if you have -90% manpower and you then get a modifier that adds 5% manpower you then have -85% manpower for that province. At the national level they are multiplicative (which is good, that makes sense). Note that wrong culture is additive since it's basically at the provincial level, just applies to all non culture provinces automatically.

If that is the case, it will have to be done indirectly like you said or perhaps:

1) individually for each province via province modifiers. One decision for every province in the game. This would allow you to isolate your recruitment to certain "cultural" areas; or
2) one decision for each culture - this would probably be better.

If that is the case, it will have to be done indirectly like you said or perhaps:

1) individually for each province via province modifiers. One decision for every province in the game. This would allow you to isolate your recruitment to certain "cultural" areas; or
2) one decision for each culture - this would probably be better.
Well, do you mean and perhaps? Both of those would involve doing it the way I said.

#1 is bloody hard, you'd have to code a decision for each province. Each region however might be fairly manageable.

I thought you were talking off doing it by event while I was thinking by decision but it sounds like you were also thinking decision.

#1 is easy if you know how. Just use Excel and CONCATENATE to replicate the decision for each province. Have a look at the files I left in this link if you are interested:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438522

I dont think that is the mod, its likely a bug in the game.

Can you show a screenshot so I can see what the new Armenian flag looks like ? It might be the Armenian region declaring independence while Armenia the country is still in existence.

Actually there were two Armenia's during the game period, Minor in the west and Major in the east. :)

Ah, that's interesting. I love this time period. :) Thinking back, it was the Armenian region, since they came from Seleucid territories and were bluish-green. I've since reinstalled EUR due to me buggering up the files, but if anything odd happens again I'll let you know.

I kept my savegame, as it turns out, forgot I made a copy of it. My game always freezes on 1 Feb 533 as tax is collected. I suspect it may have something to do with Armenia region, as if I go back to an old save where no Armenia region nation exists, the game functions fine. Looking back, I also experienced crashed when Mesopotamia and Arabia declared independence, but my most recent saves were before they existed and thus the game was okay. Honestly I don't know if I buggered up my installation or this is a mod issue, but I figured it can't hurt to inform you.

Last edited:
Version 1.22 of Epigoni Mod has been uploaded in Post #1. It is compatible with Beta Patch 2.31.

CHANGES in VERSION 1.22
----------------------
Patched
- to 2.31

Bugs
- really fixed name change to Ptolemiac Kingdom

Flags
- change Odrysae (tribe)
- add Odrysae Kingdom flag (thanks to JeffSteel for pointing this out)

Just for future updates: there is a typo in wonders local: "Statue of Zues..."

But, I am a bit confused. Is this new version compatible to VV 2.2?

Last edited:
Just a minor bugreport: playing as (Antigonid) Macedonia, I released Athens as a separate state so I could vassalise them and get some big civ boosts to Macedonia which had been sacked by the Kelts. However, the decision actually released Athens but gave them a core on Aetolia and placed its little army and fleet there instead of Argolis. It received the right province, just didn't get a core on it.

Another quick question:

In the "Ligures have formed a nation!" event (185413), it seems that there's really no way for the player (or AI, for that matter) to prevent the Ligures from forming when realistically there should be. As Gaul, I conquered the area from Rome long ago, but then the province suddenly seceded from me with no notification or prior warning. Mildly irritated, I decided to cop the -2 stab hit for no CB and annexed them again - only for them to form again within two days.

The triggers for the event really confuse me, too. I don't see the point in it needing to be triggered by another country, unless it wasn't intended to fire if Liguria was controlled by anyone (in which case it should probably use a random_empty_neighbor_province switch instead).

Is this event WAD?

Also, a quick suggestion: I think it's a good idea to remove any reference to retreat_delay for tribes, since the code is pretty badly bugged. If an army with a retreat_delay modifier assaults a fortification, they'll continue attacking the fort even when their morale is at 0, only stopping when the fort is either taken or their infantry have all died. Just a thought :)

Edit: I'm guessing the Ligures event is supposed to only fire if Liguria is an empty province, so here's my suggestion on how to change the event:
Code:
province_event = {

id = 185413
	trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = LIG }
		any_empty_neighbor_province = {
			province_id = 72
		}
	}
}
Thoughts? Haven't tested it, but it should work.

Last edited:
Just a minor bugreport: playing as (Antigonid) Macedonia, I released Athens as a separate state so I could vassalise them and get some big civ boosts to Macedonia which had been sacked by the Kelts. However, the decision actually released Athens but gave them a core on Aetolia and placed its little army and fleet there instead of Argolis. It received the right province, just didn't get a core on it.

Yes, the decision was pointing the troop spawn and core to the wrong province. Thanks for letting me know.

Another quick question:

In the "Ligures have formed a nation!" event (185413), it seems that there's really no way for the player (or AI, for that matter) to prevent the Ligures from forming when realistically there should be. As Gaul, I conquered the area from Rome long ago, but then the province suddenly seceded from me with no notification or prior warning. Mildly irritated, I decided to cop the -2 stab hit for no CB and annexed them again - only for them to form again within two days.

The triggers for the event really confuse me, too. I don't see the point in it needing to be triggered by another country, unless it wasn't intended to fire if Liguria was controlled by anyone (in which case it should probably use a random_empty_neighbor_province switch instead).

I would have thought that NOT = { owned_by = THIS } would have stopped it from re-spawning but obviously it didnt.

Code:
		72 = { 
			[B]NOT = { owned_by = THIS }[/B]
			any_neighbor_province = { owned_by = THIS } 
		}

Also, a quick suggestion: I think it's a good idea to remove any reference to retreat_delay for tribes, since the code is pretty badly bugged. If an army with a retreat_delay modifier assaults a fortification, they'll continue attacking the fort even when their morale is at 0, only stopping when the fort is either taken or their infantry have all died. Just a thought :)

Good point, this one hasnt been mentioned for a while. From what I can see there is not much known about "retreat_delay". I might try testing it at "2" instead of "3" and see if that makes a difference with the seiges. Have you got a save game you can test it on ?

Does the garrison continue to take losses when the attacking troops are at zero morale ?

Edit: I'm guessing the Ligures event is supposed to only fire if Liguria is an empty province, so here's my suggestion on how to change the event:
Code:
province_event = {

id = 185413
	trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = LIG }
		any_empty_neighbor_province = {
			province_id = 72
		}
	}
}
Thoughts? Haven't tested it, but it should work.

Great, I will use your reduced code and also put in a flag to stop it from respawing.

Thanks Cheexsta.:)

EDIT: Also event 185412 and 185415 are the same and need to be adjusted.

Last edited:
Yes, the decision was pointing the troop spawn and core to the wrong province. Thanks for letting me know.

I would have thought that NOT = { owned_by = THIS } would have stopped it from re-spawning but obviously it didnt.

Code:
		72 = { 
			[B]NOT = { owned_by = THIS }[/B]
			any_neighbor_province = { owned_by = THIS } 
		}

Good point, this one hasnt been mentioned for a while. From what I can see there is not much known about "retreat_delay". I might try testing it at "2" instead of "3" and see if that makes a difference with the seiges. Have you got a save game you can test it on ?

Does the garrison continue to take losses when the attacking troops are at zero morale ?

Great, I will use your reduced code and also put in a flag to stop it from respawing.

Thanks Cheexsta.:)

EDIT: Also event 185412 and 185415 are the same and need to be adjusted.

Retreat delay issue:
Tested this last night using a single heavy infantry unit firstly by reducing it from 3 to 2 and then to 1 and it basically has the same effect. The troops slaughter themselves on the walls even before they get to 0 morale.

I agree it should be removed and perhaps give an extra boost to the morale score to compensate.