• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(133722)

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Feb 2, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Spent the weekend playing, and while I had a blast, I have two things to report/ask:

1. I own Cape Town, and have for years. Whenever I have excess funds, I secure it by buying Diamonds and move them directly to Cape Town's warehouse. From time to time, I move the diamonds up to my home warehouse, and when the price is right (or I am desperate for funds), I'll cash some in. I was building up a nice nest egg, 620 Kg of Diamonds, and had moved them all to the home port. Time to sell, I Ctrl+Dragged three times (so 10 at a time) into the Trading Post. That was getting old quickly (honestly, why can't I un-stack items, for example, split my 620 stack into two 310 stacks, one to sell and one to keep without doing it 10 at a time?), so I just shift-Clicked the whole stack and dropped it onto my Trading Post. It sold, and I had somewhere north of 2 million pounds in my balance. When I left the Port screen, the money from the sale of the diamonds was gone! Back to port view, my diamonds were gone. Quit game and loaded the AutoSave - it seems to have saved when exiting port view because that is where the Autosave picks up. Argggh!!!!! I'm ruined!

2. This isn't a "bug", like above, but just horribly unfair behavior. I take the port of Goa. Almost immediately I get the "Crown wants you to ugrade your Fort" task. I accept, as I was planning to do that anyway, but then immediately I get a Quarantine for Goa. Meaning that I can't land any ships carrying Iron Tools to the port, required for building the upgrade. The quarantine lifted just in time for me to fail the mission, costing me 50,000 pounds! At this stage of the early game, that was a killer cost and I couldn't recover (ok, this was just one part, I failed several missions in a row and couldn't get out of debt, so it wasn't just this, but it didn't help!). Again, this isn't a bug, per se, but is definately an unwinable situation that I think should be addressed.

1. Fun. :) Never happened to me.

2. Simply don't take missions that make no sense. I would reject that mission and wouldn't have run into trouble at all.

1. Fun. :) Never happened to me.

2. Simply don't take missions that make no sense. I would reject that mission and wouldn't have run into trouble at all.

#2 - I learned pretty quickly, especially in Hard mode, to not accept a lot of the missions offered to me. Especially early game, I only accept missions for Trade Good orders when I have the merchandise either en route to my home port, or already in the home port warehouse. I don't accept Pirate missions until I have a full fleet of warships. I only accept Package Delivery Missions if I have my Messenger Service fleet (usually a few Cutters or Xebecs) in my home port. I never accept Approve Relationship missions.

Previously playing in the easier modes, I was used to accepting every mission because most were very achievable, and the money was desperately needed. I've come to learn in Hard Mode that unless you are 100% sure that you can accomplish the mission, accepting and failing missions will cause ruin.

Also avoid those about upgrading stuff. :)

It was my first game and Crown was asking me to reach a friendship level with France. She was also promising me a reward. So I trusted her, I mean she was Crown after all, she could have pour golds to my ports. I gave half a million pounds to France to have a pact with them...

And I was rewarded.. With 4367 pounds..

After patch 2 rewards rise slowly over years.

The auto save is a big problem... I will go to load the auto save and lets say it says that it saved at 5/1721 so I click it but it brings me to 8/1722. So stupid. And what the hell is that white thing that goes across the strategic mode map? Its really weird. And is anyone getting this: In strategic mode, the map is so slow especialy around india. Like I will set it to X4 and then go look at India, The date will change at the rate of x4 but the ships and everything else wont, Unless I view Saint Helen or northern madagasscar.