• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Roma9292

Private
5 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
does anyone know how to work with these variables in the misc.txt

// export and generic items are randomized in ports on year change.
// finetune amounts and prices with these.

// random factor to amount
item_amount_rand_diff_min = 0.0
item_amount_rand_diff_max = 2.0

// factor by year, min = 1600, max = 1800
item_amount_year_diff_min = 1
item_amount_year_diff_max = 10

// prices may vary this much
item_price_rand_factor_min = 0.95
item_price_rand_factor_max = 1.05

how do these work exactly?

Each item has a hardcoded price and amount that shows up. Those randomise this values?

im confused

that doesnt really answer the question. I guess what I am trying to do it increase the cash flow of the game year to year, is there a simple way to do this? Are there any direct answers out there? Does dev even look at these boards? I havent seen one dev response at all

Last edited:
that doesnt really answer the question. I guess what I am trying to do it increase the cash flow of the game year to year, is there a simple way to do this? Are there any direct answers out there? Does dev even look at these boards? I havent seen one dev response at all

I don't think I understand what you're trying to ask. :wacko: There are not a lot of direct answers related to modding yet. Modding tutorial series have just begun on the game website, there's already one tutorial about modding the graphics...

sorry...

Well in my mind its simple, heh, again, I am trying to increase the cash flow in the game/campaign. I am thinking on the simplest level i guess, if could increase the amount paid for the MTI (monies recieved for what comes in on trade boats) and decrease its cost.

I think simplest solution would be to adjust world pricing at misc.txt:

plr_port_in_factor_easy = 1.10
plr_port_out_factor_easy = 0.90

These are for "easy" difficulty level. For example changing plr_port_in_factor to a bigger value makes port pay more when player sells. Plr_port_out_factor is a factor to a price that player pays when buying from ports.

If you want to tune individual MTI's pricing, see "price" at tradeitems.txt. Homeport pays something between 1...1.5x of that price when plr sells. At tradeareas.txt there are "MTI_min_value" and "MTI_max_value" and the price player pays is something between those.

I didn't really check any of the above, I may also remember wrong. :D