• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
there's about 4.500 seazones in hoi3.
Didn't count them but I guess that's going to be alot more than in HOI2 then?

HOI III looks better and better every week. It makes me sad that there will not be anymore Dev. Diary's for about a month. Oh well, I suppose the Paradox development staff deserve a vacation since they have been working hard on this... :);)

HoI2 has about 2600 provinces overall, including sea zones.
Okay, considering how much of those are land provinces then the increase will be quite considerable.

i like the infinite order idea, hopefully we'll see the same thing in the airforce.

And now a question:
the screenshot shows a ship with 4 canons. ok, lets say i have a single ship in a seazone, with 12 canons, will the sprite show all 12 canons?

Last edited:

This of course suggests it's not moddable in-game (though the latter, smaller parts are) - I was just wondering whether we can change this in a defines.txt of some sort. I mean, I think it would be cool if the actual guns could be upgraded, albeit at some expense.

It should still be significantly cheaper than constructing new ships of the same tonnage.

That didn't happen in the real war though (with some very rare exceptions that were actually planned while the ships were designed). Fixing main gun armament therefore does make sense.