• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why rip off other companies work when he could honor post-ers on this fourm? Ultimately the decision is Firestorms but he should be creative and not rip off other peoples work.

three words: Rule of Cool

Who gives a crap about the rule of cool? Why must everything be cool?

Because this ain't real life. In our fantasies everything is by definition cool and awesome.

Because this ain't real life. In our fantasies everything is by definition cool and awesome.

My fantasy is serious strategy and annihilation. Tactics, planning. And maybe after everythings glowing green or I've wiped out a panzer group I'll crack open a beer and announce that that was awesome. Its just my prefrence but I don't want someone sweeping around in a leather cape shouting one liners. I want someone who gets the job done as it should.

A military leader named after someone elses work is a rubbish idea that shows a lack of creativity which counter acts the whole 'acting out you fantasies' thing because its not you imagination you ripping off someone elses and are pretending it is.

My fantasy is serious strategy and annihilation. Tactics, planning. And maybe after everythings glowing green or I've wiped out a panzer group I'll crack open a beer and announce that that was awesome. Its just my prefrence but I don't want someone sweeping around in a leather cape shouting one liners. I want someone who gets the job done as it should.

A military leader named after someone elses work is a rubbish idea that shows a lack of creativity which counter acts the whole 'acting out you fantasies' thing because its not you imagination you ripping off someone elses and are pretending it is.

When I name someone after a fictional character it's always an hommage to said Character, a nod of honour if you will.

god, calm down. you don't need to rant on the extreme awesomeness of Andrew F#cking Ryan being a minister in a war- and disease-ridden US.

god, calm down. you don't need to rant on the extreme awesomeness of Andrew F#cking Ryan being a minister in a war- and disease-ridden US.

What?

the fact is, you don't need to rant about such a stupid matter. It's just an AAR for god's sake.
besides, it's Firestorm's AAR. It is up to him as to wether the american commander will be Vincent Van Geyte, Andrew Ryan, Darth Vader or Mahatma Gandhi for that matter. And if you dislike his choice, you're free to go read another AAR you like.

the fact is, you don't need to rant about such a stupid matter. It's just an AAR for god's sake.
besides, it's Firestorm's AAR. It is up to him as to wether the american commander will be Vincent Van Geyte, Andrew Ryan, Darth Vader or Mahatma Gandhi for that matter. And if you dislike his choice, you're free to go read another AAR you like.

...I think you should read my previous posts. Your making a bit of an embarrassment of yourself. If you want to continue this PM me.

Everything has to be cool because cool stuff is awesome. And awesome stuff is cool.

- Vincent

(PS: Fusion between me and Laurence mhm?
naamlo1.jpg
Sorry, I could not resist :D. Personally I think it might sound a bit cheesy after a while to make our names a head character for DMLL. We'd settle for a cameo and some fan service though :D)

I'm just making the point that a normal name is better than Captain Incredible. You know what I mean?

Oh wow what have I missed here! Calm down guys :p

How about I soothe the tension by giving you guys a secret look into the new tech tree, which will be used in the sequel DMLL2 (oh, and of course, the mod too :))

ScreenSave49.png

*Yes, there are a couple techs that the name got screwed up. Blame the left over Armageddon and HoI II code.

Exactly. Although, there will be one nation, one most people forget about, that may have 'borrowed' charachters as ministers and leaders. Can't tell more till beta is released though, where'd be the fun in that?

And at those arguing what the new commander's name will be:

Commander Darth Vincent Andrew Ryan Vader Mahatma Gandhi Van Geyte

Please stop the senseless arguing! We like to keep the mods happy in this crazy, unforgiving world!

--

But seriously, I have not picked a name. Once the game hits beta and I start continuing this AAR onto Part II, then I shall decide. I think this time the Commander will get a picture and an HQ to travel with....maybe. Sometimes not having a picture to the face makes the Commander different to every person.

Is that wall of text the Industrial section?!

i believe it is the secret weapons

Everything has to be cool because cool stuff is awesome. And awesome stuff is cool.

- Vincent

(PS: Fusion between me and Laurence mhm?
naamlo1.jpg
Sorry, I could not resist :D. Personally I think it might sound a bit cheesy after a while to make our names a head character for DMLL. We'd settle for a cameo and some fan service though :D)

You might Vincent, but I won't ! :D

-Laurence

right, first of all its about time i freaking got to the last page. taken a good 3 days or so to get here from the first and thats only through reading your posts and any other posts linked to them fire. as many have said great AAR an im about to embark on part II of this. personally i feel you could of won europe if one) cool hadnt lost his cool (proud of that one :p ) and nuked moscow which caused the nuke ping pong battle which caused Great Britains surrender and two) Great Britain surrendering wasnt all that bad but joining the axis turned it around for the worse had britain just surrendured into some kind of neutrality you probably would either won or saved more units.

anyway big long no end of lines up there finished thanks.

p.s. managed 10 hours straight on the first day which got me to page 100 :cool:

EDIT: this is my first post since joining a long time ago on these forums, saw tha last time i logged on was mid 2007..........

Last edited:
right, first of all its about time i freaking got to the last page. taken a good 3 days or so to get here from the first and thats only through reading your posts and any other posts linked to them fire. as many have said great AAR an im about to embark on part II of this. personally i feel you could of won europe if one) cool hadnt lost his cool (proud of that one :p ) and nuked moscow which caused the nuke ping pong battle which caused Great Britains surrender and two) Great Britain surrendering wasnt all that bad but joining the axis turned it around for the worse had britain just surrendured into some kind of neutrality you probably would either won or saved more units.

anyway big long no end of lines up there finished thanks.

p.s. managed 10 hours straight on the first day which got me to page 100 :cool:

EDIT: this is my first post since joining a long time ago on these forums, saw tha last time i logged on was mid 2007..........

Welcome. We welcome all readers :) Glad you enjoyed it!
Part II is not out yet. I am currently working on a mod (more and more seems like a total conversion) based on this AAR. TRP there, as well as many many others you may have seen in this thread, are also working on it with me. Once the beta is out, I'll be making Part II, although it will be slightly guided by my hand instead of totally random AI (unless the AI proves to be capable of adaptation).

It kills me not to be able to write the AAR right now. I miss the writing :(

i think i speak for everyone who has read this aar when i say we miss your writing too. at least its only till the beta comes out!

*pauses and thinks to himself about how long that will be*

on the other hand maybe i should find something to read while i wait...