• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What I would do if I was you:

Step 1: Incourparate Canada through either a rigged referendum or just a referendum.
Step 2: Start runs of IC and Infra.
Step 3: 'Sell' supplies to China and Australia.
Step 4: Invade Central America and leave them with no industrial equipment as you ship it and volunteer workers (guarantee citizenship) back to the heartland.
Step 5: Release Central American nations under puppet governments.
Step 6: Repeat steps 4 and 5 for non-axis South American nations.

My justification for this will be that if the Americans want any sort of war in this TL (which I dout) then they will want a revenge war to restore their prestige and title as a world power.

I imagine the people of the USA will be in the odd position hating the right of the political spectrum just as much as they hate the left. I would suggest going with Hawkish policies at first but as the rage simmers down go for a non-aligned nations type of alliance.

What I would do if I was you:

Step 1: Incourparate Canada through either a rigged referendum or just a referendum.
Step 4: Invade Central America and leave them with no industrial equipment as you ship it and volunteer workers (guarantee citizenship) back to the heartland.

My justification for this will be that if the Americans want any sort of war in this TL (which I dout) then they will want a revenge war to restore their prestige and title as a world power.

I imagine the people of the USA will be in the odd position hating the right of the political spectrum just as much as they hate the left. I would suggest going with Hawkish policies at first but as the rage simmers down go for a non-aligned nations type of alliance.

Just blatantly 'annexing' Canada is a bit random, no? It's not because you've taken a hit that that suddenly allows you to go swallow any friendly country that borders you. What would be plausible (and cool), however, would be a union between Canada and the US under a new name. The Consortium of Free States? Something like that. Basically North-America uniting itself as a bastion against fascism and communism.

-Vincent

Just blatantly 'annexing' Canada is a bit random, no? It's not because you've taken a hit that that suddenly allows you to go swallow any friendly country that borders you. What would be plausible (and cool), however, would be a union between Canada and the US under a new name. The Consortium of Free States? Something like that. Basically North-America uniting itself as a bastion against fascism and communism.

-Vincent

I ment something along those lines, I like The North American Union myself. Sorry if it didn't make sense I'm quite tired.

Last edited:

That seems a bit far to me. It would be better to set up alliances aimed at keeping the fascist and the communist out and someday taking out Argentina.

Hell after this I would say the average American would only be in the mood for rebuilding. His cities are ruins, the countryside wrecked and he's just finished a civil war on top of being defeated in Europe.

Course given the events there's one hell of a case for a Stabbed In the Back Mythos taking over and the US focusing on revenge on... Well... Everyone who isn't in the Alliance. Everyone.

Alright, that explains it. He's a radio operator for a bomber. :rofl: Just I wonder, did he leave any recordings singing while on the set? :D

yes it was 'I'm a something something dog' but I do not quite remember... ;)

My guess is that China will NOT fall, as you will arrive in time behind enemy lines while China still holds Saigon and thus are un-annexxable - it is slow going in that jungle.

And Possibly the best idea for Asia is to make it one big USS. (no more R) or just name it what it really is: Eastasia. Which you have always been at war with.

You could, alternatively, if you want to make it more balanced (they'll have unlimited manpower by now, exchange one manpower in a chinese province for one industry, and change their building priorities a bit more toward high-IC, medium manpower things. to stop them spamming useless militia and to get them to improve their army.

That seems a bit far to me. It would be better to set up alliances aimed at keeping the fascist and the communist out and someday taking out Argentina.

Hell after this I would say the average American would only be in the mood for rebuilding. His cities are ruins, the countryside wrecked and he's just finished a civil war on top of being defeated in Europe.

Course given the events there's one hell of a case for a Stabbed In the Back Mythos taking over and the US focusing on revenge on... Well... Everyone who isn't in the Alliance. Everyone.

a) Yeah, too extreme, but he corrected himself. Being Canadian myself, Canadian remains independent. Also, Canada is in a good position to start becoming more industrialized then the OTL. Canada in my timeline has tons of refugees from Britain (politically unstable, industry wrecked, disease, food shortages, riots, ect.), as well as fleeing European dissidents, and any refugees fleeing from Asia and other conflict areas (such as those escaping conscription in the US, or wanting to make their way to stability). In addition to this, Canada is currently one of the few stable democracies left in the world, making it an attractive place to live. Many of the former Free-French forces will be making their way to Canada. I would have to say the influx of new populations is going to be quite large and a challenge for Canada, especially when ex-British populations collide with ex-American populations.

b) Rebuilding will definitely take some time. Considering how long rebuilding might take in real life, I think I will extend the game past 1964 (instead of making new techs, I might just make events improving each faction's units). This way, I can continue the story, as this is actually quite fun :) No guarantees though.

c) Yes, I think there is a good chance of that mentality spreading. Eventually, I think the Americans will be sick of being relegated to the sidelines as they rebuild, and slowly try and stretch their broken legs.

You can toast the CSA all you want, but remember they are the enemy!

Yes. And to model industrial growth for them, some more IC over the years.

Aren't your forces out of supply?

Canada should have a rough doubling of its IC (70+base?) and x2-2.5 mp growth along with increases in resources (more people to exploit natural resources), while the US will probably "bunker down" for the next 5 years after the Civil War. Though a lot of people will feel bitter about it, the fact that there's no war after the Civil War and that people will still feel either "betrayed by Europe" for CSA supporters and "we want revenge" for USA would galvanize them towards an Orwellian Europa, Asia and Oceania war.

Yeah, rename the USSR into Eastasia, Nazi Germany into Eurasia and the US into Oceania and continue from there. :D

Canada should have a rough doubling of its IC (70+base?) and x2-2.5 mp growth along with increases in resources (more people to exploit natural resources), while the US will probably "bunker down" for the next 5 years after the Civil War.

Refugees don't bring their factories with them. Those have to be build. And they are only getting built if the country's economy is recovering or booming. Which it probably won't as long as the only trading partners are Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the US, which are all still at war (oh, I forgot Middle America, so it isn't that bad). For a real recovery, trade deals needs to be struck with the Axis and I don't think they are quite ready to do that yet.

So more manpower is ok, but the rest should come in small steps if at all.

Speaking of the British Commenwealth, should the Royal Family really colloborate with Germany by staying in Britain?

In addition to this, Canada is currently one of the few stable democracies left in the world, making it an attractive place to live. Many of the former Free-French forces will be making their way to Canada.

Didn't Quebec also revolt at the start of the Second American Civil War? So the stability isn't really all that much better and especially the French might feel oppressed.

Rebuilding will definitely take some time. Considering how long rebuilding might take in real life, I think I will extend the game past 1964 (instead of making new techs, I might just make events improving each faction's units). This way, I can continue the story, as this is actually quite fun. No guarantees though.

You could try to convert to the Modern Day Scenario, their Tech-Tree starts in the Early Cold War (although there isn't much to research in the Industry and Special Weapons-category until the '90s and research speed may be too fast since initial upgrades are in decade-steps). Well, World War III may have the effect of accelerating the research speed compared to our timeline. :) That will be alot of work though, after all, even only implementing a new tech means that all relevant existing units will have to be tampered with in the save file.

Yes, I think there is a good chance of that mentality spreading. Eventually, I think the Americans will be sick of being relegated to the sidelines as they rebuild, and slowly try and stretch their broken legs.

Yeah, you have to take back the rightful territory of Oceania! No peace and quarter with the Eastasian traitors! We have always been at war with them!

For a real recovery, trade deals needs to be struck with the Axis and I don't think they are quite ready to do that yet.

So more manpower is ok, but the rest should come in small steps if at all.

Speaking of the British Commenwealth, should the Royal Family really colloborate with Germany by staying in Britain?

Didn't Quebec also revolt at the start of the Second American Civil War? So the stability isn't really all that much better and especially the French might feel oppressed.

You could try to convert to the Modern Day Scenario, their Tech-Tree starts in the Early Cold War (although there isn't much to research in the Industry and Special Weapons-category until the '90s and research speed may be too fast since initial upgrades are in decade-steps). Well, World War III may have the effect of accelerating the research speed compared to our timeline. :) That will be alot of work though, after all, even only implementing a new tech means that all relevant existing units will have to be tampered with in the save file.

Yeah, you have to take back the rightful territory of Oceania! No peace and quarter with the Eastasian traitors! We have always been at war with them!

1) I was thinking along the lines of armaments industries, which have been making profit by selling south of the border (in game terms, I am buying a lot of supplies in exchange for resources). Also, trans-Pacific trading with Japan and New Zealand might help. Canada will be pushing an industrialization program, as after the US Civil War finishes there will be an economic cooperation and development plan aimed at increasing they defense programs (such as navy and air) and reserve forces on the land. It will be key to portray this as defense rather then offensive to the public.

2) The Royal Family, I didn't think about that. It appears they are cooperating with the Germans, as the head of state is Elizabeth.

3) Yes, but that was both a) put down and b) dealt with. While there may be some issues in eastern Canada, western Canada has become a relatively-safe haven for those wishing to escape conflict. Think about it: Australia and New Zealand are threatened, US is at war, Japan is isolated at the moment

4) Maybe I will put in the MDS when I get to abit later in the years. For now, I might just do it event-based or something.

5) America will have a long struggle ahead of them. Communism and Fascism is running rampant. World War III might be a war of annihilation. :confused:

Probably Liz is a puppet hostaged by the Germans IMO, but meh.

CBC World News – July 14th, 1955

July 14th, 1955

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from the United States and abroad via our correspondents in Chicago."

"Good evening Canada, this is your host Tommy Forever speaking. Today's reports focus on the US offensives in the States, the recent Axis victory in Africa, as well as reports on the Pacific and Asian fronts."

"The United States has won a string of victories stretching from Canada to Mexico. Along the entire front, Confederate forces are engaging in a fighting retreat in an attempt to hold back the US Army. Fort Smith was the site of a large tank battle, where a third of the US army's armor was attacked by about a quarter of the Confederate's armor reserve. The battle ended in a US victory, quickly diminishing any Confederate hope of victory in the region. South of Fort Smith, US infantry forces have been in combat with Confederate mechanized armies over the hotly contested Texas oilfields. Here, the US is encountering stiff resistance in its offensive attempts to reach the gulf as the CSA protects it key trading asset. These oilfields are a vital trade link for its supply of arms and munitions from Europe, and their loss could mean an end to the aid they receive."

"The US government is already looking to the future, and is laying groundwork for future cooperation with its north and southern neighbors. At Seattle, diplomats from the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, and Australia met last weekend to work out an economic pact between the states. The meeting was a success for all parties involved, and ended in the singing of the 'Economic and Military Assistance Cooperation Agreement of the Pacific' (EMACAP). In the agreement, it guarantees military aid for any nation subject to aggression, as well as increased economic trade between the states. China was angered by its exclusion, which was expecting military aid should the Confederacy fall."

"In Australia, the Australian army has once again moved on the offensive, causing several French and British divisions to retreat. Armed with modern weapons supplied by the United States, they have been able to increase their capacity to hold out till American support arrives."

"Axis forces in Africa have finally delivered the final blow to Allied remnants in the area. Following a year-long offensive to clear the southern half of the continent from Allied forces, the Axis forces can finally claim victory. South Africa, which officially ended its war involvement last month, is pushing to join the Axis Alliance, which now covers all of Europe, South America and Africa, excluding Finland and Venezuela. The victory in Africa means that the last of German land forces can finally go home, aside from those involved in peacekeeping and policing duties in Axis territory, as well as the small German contingent in Australia."

ScreenSave96.jpg

ScreenSave99.jpg

ScreenSave101.jpg

ScreenSave103.jpg
]

Last edited:
So I don't lose track of people's entries

Raaritsgozilla -> Febuary 15th 1955.
Dáin -> May 15th, 1955

---As of last update, China is still around. Raaritsgozilla and Dáin are out.---

Mattabesta -> August 1st, 1955
ViLenin -> August 29, 1955.
Ciryandor -> September 22 1955
Feuersturm (me) -> October 20th, 1955
Alexon47 -> November 19th 1955
Mico94 -> December 12th, 1955
Stuntdawg5 -> January 22nd, 1956

Last edited:
That is the intent, once I can get a blank Europe map from TRP. I need alot of input on this one, as I have no idea where to even begin.