• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No peace deals with fascist Confederates. Wipe them out. All of them. :cool:

Too many deads, too many injuried. Some peace, please! :(:p

Interesting. Peace would give me time to help Australia and Japan, but would leave me with a German-friendly CSA government right on my borders.

Once you started peace, I cant imagine it ending without the CSA starting something. Getting the people to renew war from a standing start with this level of weariness is without any historical precedent. It's hard to imagine what society is like, actually- an entire generation of total war. :eek:

Yeah, its been what, 15 years of total war for the USA? Not to mention the Europeans, who had two more years ontop of that.

Would peace with the CSA be realistic?

Not sure...As the President of USA...would you let the Union be shattered when you got a good chance of destroying the confederate in a year or so? I mean, after 15 years, 1 more or less...

No, the mere fact that they are waging war to "end war" and not trying for a true peace is a reflection of their two-faced nature.

Wouldn't make sense to leave such a powerful, German friendly, state right on your doorstep. Take them out. No matter what, the USA is done with war after this and needs to reconstruct.

The degree to which a peace is possible isnt the question, I think, so much as if a war is prosecutable at all. Although the HOI engine does not model such apocolyptic struggles, one has to wonder where the food for your men is coming from, who these men are, and what the public opinion is like.

The union shattered into four pieces based on a heavy antiwar sentiment. The South, which you are now fighting, has since 1812 produced more than its proportional share of the fighting men for the military, meaning the nation is now without its most martial element. The war in europe is clearly lost, and now america has been reduced to pushing 'democracy' at bayonet point to breakaway states that wish to rebuild.

It is astounding there has not been a communist or some such takeover, and I surmise the military-industrial complex must be in complete control of America to prevent such, and simply because so much of the actions of state are dedicated to the continuance of the war.

It was interesting and odd to me that the Confederates war aims were the absorption of the entire union, which would seemingly be at odds with their identity and name as the Confederates, and the fact that their secession came from a desire for immediate peace in the first place.

Any number of things could have instigated the CS revolt, I suppose- It is plausible that the enormous toll on the US population lead to desegregation and integration of the military ahistorically soon, and the populace is unwilling to contenance this, and the racist policies of the South have been given a new lease on life with the world's strongest empire endorsing them.

In any event, if the CSA itself is willing to accept an eleven-state solution as a basis for seperation, I cant imagine the American public continuing the war, but then again, I cannot imagine an American Public that has waged war and nothing else for a generation.

My ideas:

All former French African colonies to Vichy France.

All former British African colonies (Besides the original German Colonies) to Italy. Original German colonies to Germany.

Finland gets the rest of Karelia from Russia.

Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania united. Baltania, or something similar. Capital in Riga.

Germany keeps the lower part of Denmark (Holstein, or whatever it's called. I forget.) Scandinavia gets the upper part, along with Copenhagen and the other islands. Capital in Stockholm, of course.

Rest of Greece goes to Italy, as a colony.

That one province Italy has, that extends into Serbian/Bulgarian territory. The only one that isn't on the Adriatic. Yeah, that one. Give it to Serbia. Take away the one province Serbia has above the Danube (That's the right river, right?) and give it to Romania.

Cyprus goes to Italy.

Caucasian states are united, Caucasia or something similar. Capital in Tblisi.

Gibraltar to Spain, Morocco to Spain. (Not ENTIRELY certain on this one, mind you.)

Middle East is a bit of a problem. I would say give Syria/Lebanon back to Vichy, but part of me wants them to stay independent. I'm also torn on whether to give the Transjordan to Italy, or to have Palestine and Jordan given their independence.

Iraq needs to have full independence though, without a doubt.

I think Switzerland should be divided between Germany and Italy, the southwest to Italy and the Northeast to Germany.

Ukraine should be given independence. If Germany should be allowed to keep Crimea or not, I'm not certain.

South Africa... Either give it to Italy, or have Germany puppet it. MAYBE allow it to remain independent, but under German influence.

Slovenia to Croatia.

Can't tell if you already have, but give Hungary the original Translyvanian deal, or whatever it was.

Make sure Saudi Arabia and Turkey are Axis aligned. Not necessarily allied or puppeted, but on the fascist spectrum.

Peace deal between CSA and USA.

CSA is given the following:

Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisana, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland (Including DC), Delaware, Southern Missouri.

U.S. Capital moved to Philadelphia.

C.S. Capital stays in Richmond.

Side note: Might be okay to keep Arizona in U.S. hands, or even splitting N.M. and Arizona between North and South.

I've been rambling throughout this entire thing mostly, so I apologize if any of my ideas are completely and totally out there.

Just my ideas.

South Africa given to italy? Italy is welcome to try :rofl:

In any event, the germans couldent ask for a more sincere friend abroad than Afrikaner South Africa. It must be nice to not have to occupy a country to secure its allegience, eh?

South Africa given to italy? Italy is welcome to try :rofl:

In any event, the germans couldent ask for a more sincere friend abroad than Afrikaner South Africa. It must be nice to not have to occupy a country to secure its allegience, eh?

Yeah, that was what I was thinking when I talked about German influence. Get rid of the British, toss back in the White Supremacist Dutch.

In 1955, the South Africans elected an all afrikaner cabinet without a trace of english influence, and began apartheid in earnest. Going identical to historical, without any german strongarming, would give the nazis exactly what they want.

My ideas:
Peace deal between CSA and USA.

CSA is given the following:

Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisana, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland (Including DC), Delaware, Southern Missouri.

U.S. Capital moved to Philadelphia.

C.S. Capital stays in Richmond.

Side note: Might be okay to keep Arizona in U.S. hands, or even splitting N.M. and Arizona between North and South.

The U.S. wouldn't accept this - it actually involves giving up territory to the C.S.A. beyond the secessionists, and the balance of the war favors the Union. I accept the argument that the United States is wary of war, but that applies to the Confederates as well.

11 state solution is the most practical and likely to succeed. At one time they might have been able to make a deal with Texas to secure the flank, and then drive through Kentucky and then pulling a Sherman. Granted, it might be a little too Turtledove, but it does make a lot of sense.

Course, it's a little late for that, what with the Texans being crushed and all.

Just as Germany has had to make concessions in regards to Eastern European territories, I think America would (taking out the fact that gamewise you can continue all you like and dissent actually decreases) have to do the same thing. They can either try against all logic and make a deal with Texas and try to forcefully reunite the rest of the country (have to be edited in, obviously) or they can try for the 11 state deal. The Confederacy would accept the latter in a heartbeat, because despite what the game engine says, the additional states are really just occupied territory.

Of course, fighting on is an option, but this was in specific response to the treaty proposed.

And speaking as a Georgian, I have to point out the absurdity of placing the capital within range of Yankee guns! Clearly, a more sensible central location is required... Atlanta would do nicely :D

Finally reached the end of this epic epic aar! Awesome read. I still wonder wtf happened when Cool turncoated on you first time... he never gave us any explination of his actions.. and I for one would love to know what happened (other then being a backstabbing bastard...)

It would be a shame to see this masterpiece end after you kill the CSA off, but then again, it has to end some times....

Personally your writing style of news reports isn't my favorite... but the game and the DIAM AI was bloody AWESOME... It scared the living shit out of me, and at some point I was captivated to keep on reading till the end which I finally finally reached.

Oh and I like the new Euro map a lot, though imo it should be the Netherlands not Flanders.... In pretty orange :D

*suscribed for as long as it still lasts*

/Krogzar

Finally reached the end of this epic epic aar! Awesome read. I still wonder wtf happened when Cool turncoated on you first time... he never gave us any explination of his actions.. and I for one would love to know what happened (other then being a backstabbing bastard...)

It would be a shame to see this masterpiece end after you kill the CSA off, but then again, it has to end some times....

Personally your writing style of news reports isn't my favorite... but the game and the DIAM AI was bloody AWESOME... It scared the living shit out of me, and at some point I was captivated to keep on reading till the end which I finally finally reached.

Oh and I like the new Euro map a lot, though imo it should be the Netherlands not Flanders.... In pretty orange :D

*suscribed for as long as it still lasts*

/Krogzar

End? NO! There's 10 years left.

Oh, by the way: Does Cool have a new nation to play as, yet?

1964 is when the time limit ends, and is when I plan to end this AAR. That leaves me, as Viden said it, 10 years left. 10 years to work with. 10 years to help bring democracy back. While Europe may be quite heavily out of my reach (I cannot come up with 1,000 divisions in 10 years with my mp growth), Australia, China and Japan may be within helping range, as well as South America.

The next 10 years will see some script-driven European stuff as they assert their new positions in the globe. The Communists will be that shaky power (in my opinion) that has its grip over North (and possibly south) Asia, while America attempts to wrestle some power from the remaining parts of the globe while being isolated by the Soviets and the Europeans.

I do plan on beating the CSA, or die in the process. I feel that once that is complete, I will build up some industry (nukes knocked out quite abit of base IC). From there on, possibly give my assistance to Australia before they are overrun. A small democratic alliance is better then none. As I see it, I can probably get these nations cozy:

Australia
New Zealand
Canada
Japan (assuming they survive long enough)
Mexico?
Cuba?