• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nope, I certainly cleared the map cache after switching to the whole world mod. At least the distances are plausible for me.. That's why I don't understand.. Maybe they just got into a war in that region and took a province, so they can colonize now?
I see it now. WWM adds all those various little islands on both sides of Africa. If you look at the map, you can see Portugal got Cape Verde, so Castille had to go colonizing on the islands west of Africa, and after that they just skipped to the islands east of Africa and Madagascar, and then went to Australia and Indonesia.

It all makes sense now that I remember those islands.

Last edited:
I decided to update my game after a while. So this is my Byzantine Empire. Sadly, I'm unable to change it to the Roman Empire because I (for some reason) started it in IN vanilla.. :/

Notice the monster Portugal in the Americas? It Was half that.. Until it inherited monster Spain in the Americas :D Also, I did myself a great "favor" by wanting Portugal to look more like a blob.. I tagged it and attacked all the native countries, one by one.. Now Portugal's income exceeds mine :wacko:

I still have 110k more men than they do (410k if anyone cares) :rolleyes:

Also, I'm in quite a situation reclaiming all my former lands.. Liguria has allied itself so, that however you want to attack, you still get a 150k of men ganging on you from the east :p

Shouldn't be a big problem though, I just finished a 120k France off.. Although that was on a much smaller land.

So, Ming blobs in the east, Portugal blobs in the west, I blob in the middle..

I'm allied with Persia, Canada, Morocco and Trier.

Austria is the main colonizer in Africa (?) :D

I'm sorry for already posting my empire last page, but after a 43 year warring period against Great Britain, Portugal, Muscovy, Austria, Lithuania, the Papal States, Hungary, I feel compelled to post another pic of my empire (sorry, I actually peaced out with the muscovy, austria, lith. hungary with white peace).

eu3mapmng16611142.png

eu3mapmng16611141.png

a slight update, after warring with Spain, France, Portugal, Great Britain, and those annoying little asian countries, the 'New world' has become quite fragmented...

Last edited:
I'm sorry for already posting my empire last page, but after a 43 year warring period against Great Britain, Portugal, Muscovy, Austria, Lithuania, the Papal States, Hungary, I feel compelled to post another pic of my empire (sorry, I actually peaced out with the muscovy, austria, lith. hungary with white peace).

[Giant China]

See? That is exactly what I was warning everyone about in the "Rebels" thread. :p

Serbia

My first game of [IN]. First time I decided to completely ignore colonization. Besides, by the time I got large enough to not feel threatened by my neighbors, all the good places were taken. Played without lucky nations. Didn't really get that big, but was the first time I started out with a such a small country (2 provinces), and I decided I wasn't to going to over the BB limit. Taken on Feb 2, 1821.

My original plan was to recreate the Roman Empire, but while I was beating down OE Venice got huge (had all of Italy, a good chunk of Southern France, and most of SA) so I instead turned on the Middle East and decided to march my way to an Indian CoT (none of those pansy boats for me). Never really got back on track after that, though I did eventually take all of Italy from Venice (and France decided to jump in a take some of it's land back).

ser182122.jpg

otherser182122.jpg

[EDITED for spelling and such]

Last edited:
So, my Roman Empire is complete :)

I think I've managed to keep the borders as historical as possible, but if any corrections, please, do tell me.

I'm allied with Trier (who was just a 3PM before I got bored and decided to aid it on it's way to becoming a superpower. Now it has the 4th largest army and economy. Also allied to Canada and Persia. I'm in the lead in every aspect under the ledger.. although Portugal is quite close in the economic section.

I could still destroy every alliance against me with ease :D

Gonna continue this game to finish off Austria and give it to Trier, also some other little German OPMs. And gonna win Manchu a war against Portugal to beat them out of Asia. Then (unless I find something motivating (yes, all my provinces are already orthodox)) I will quit.

Here's the world in 1652.

eu3mapmng16611142.png

eu3mapmng16611141.png

a slight update, after warring with Spain, France, Portugal, Great Britain, and those annoying little asian countries, the 'New world' has become quite fragmented...

There's something vaguely appropriate about the Chinese controlling South America.

Ireland Magna Mundi

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to EUIII, but started to play on MM and I like it.Open to a little advice or direction to go. After several failed attempts, I finally unified Ireland and changed my NI's to have the 5 needed to colonize on MM. Heres my start so far. Any ideas would be good, because I'm just as poor as Ireland by itself, but with a large colonial empire. I only have like 17 naval support. Mexico is being converted to Catholic, but Ireland is going Protestant.. don't know how that will effect me in the long run. Solid alliances with Portugal, and an improved Sweden (helped them conquer Denmark). Good relations all around in Europe w/ access to England and France as well as RMs.
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/eu3mapire1602342.png/
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/eu3mapire1602341.png/
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/irelandcolonies.jpg/
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/irelandl.jpg/

Oh and how do I post my screen shots to not display as a link?

Last edited:
My Byzantine Empire in an all-orthodox MP game, 1821. Perhaps Ethiopia is a bit more interesting (and beautiful) here though.

090824ortodoxi2-1.png

Oh and how do I post my screen shots to not display as a link?

Click the image so that it will open up a new page where the image is the only thing in it. Then copy that url, and put it in image tags. [ img][/img] without the space in the opening tag. However, imageshack and photobucket should have a spot where you can generate img code for the image and just copy that straight over to here. I know photobucket does.

Also note that when you do get to the page where you only have the image showing, the url will end in something like .jpg, or .png, or .bmp, or the 3 letter code for whatever formatting your image is in.

Your images are below. Edit: Make them smaller when you upload them. This size is hard to see, and can take a long time to load for someone with a slow internet.

eu3mapire1602342.png

eu3mapire1602341.png

irelandcolonies.jpg

irelandl.jpg

plaxx said:
... (image)
An impressive empire you have there but it's not yet complete.
Here's a map of Rome under Trajan (also know as Optimus - the best) (but I think that Rome also had today's Kuwait too)

Roman_Empire-117AD.png

So, you lack a lil' bit of Britain (2 provs in Scotland), loads of provinces in the East, Dacia, and maybe take Regnum Bosporum (crimea-ish area) as your vassal.
AND
If you're REALLY hardcore, you can expand your Empire to the Elbe, like August tried to but failed. Teutoburgwald anyone?

he is right you still need parts of scotland and Mesopotamia, the coastling 2000 years ago was very diffrent from what is it now, kuwait was in the persian gulf.

Yeah, well, the provinces in the middle-east are so big, that when I try to take Mesopotamia I end up owning all the Iraqi areas.. Also some others in Saudi-Arabia and whatnot.. It'll look bad.. But I will do it, for you ;)

Edit:

Here's what I did by memory.. Hope I didn't conquer something wrong. Also, Trier(now Germany)
broke my alliance three times for no reason whatsoever and I thought it ungrateful.. So
I vassalized them using some cheating. Hope you don't mind.

Oh, and take a look at Portugal.. I don't know about you, but I laughed :D

Last edited:
My first MMP game, I decided to play as *drum roll*

The Knights! :wacko:

knights.jpg

I managed to acquire Naxos, Crete, and Cyprus all within the spin of 10 years - to plummeted my reputation but it feel much more secure now.

That was 20 in-game years ago. As of now my economy has gone to crap and I am doing what I can to stay afloat. The Ottomans just declared war and a bunch of Muslim minors who were guaranteeing me for whatever reason are backing me up, along with Portugal, and Bosnia (my ally). I'm not too worried, I've been declared on by the Ottos like 3 times in the past and they never did beat my navy, which is now at 35~ ships. I just hope I can block the straights and prevent Bosnia from getting steamrolled... I doubt it though

the date is like 1501, by the way