• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you, I can now add ports and beaches to the provinces and I can tell that ports are limited for 100% and it's required to delete one port before you add one. The second thing is that beaches are unlimited or limit is higher that number of beaches on the map because when I added 5 beaches it still worked fine. And I have another one question - do you plan any new version of Map Editor or this project is finished? If you plan to continue work on this project you could maybe design tool to edit climate, terrain and regions more easily as all this part of mapmaking is really too time-consuming to set it in province.csv for 2608 provinces (we'll have to edit them all for E3 Map :( ).

Pardon if this question has been asked before, but is it possible to redo the entire map and, say, make a fantasy map or somesuch with this mod?

Right I started for the first time looking at modding the Doomsday map purely to change the aesthetics.

A few questions.

1\ Most importantly if I am just changing the textures do I affect game play in any way? I presume no.

2\ Using the map maker I follow the steps from 1-6 all the time but I am only changing the look of the colorscales maps for the moment.

Example.....

map_468_90colorscales.jpg
[/IMG]

Do I need to follow the same 6 steps all the time even if I only change one map?

Actually I have no more questions at present.

Excellent program, once I can get things into adobe I can play with it.

Can anyone tell me what exactly determines the naval range in HOI2 engine? We're having a serious problem with my modified map for MDS - a lot of naval ranges are messed up. For example, the distance from Shanghai to Hong Kong is around 4000 km, while the distance from Shanghai to some European provinces is less than 1000 km.

I don't know what could I've done to cause this because the bug appears randomly, both on modded and unmodded provinces. All the entries in province.csv seem fine and everything else on the map works perfectly. This problem is crucial since it renders naval combat useless.

If anyone can help the team would be grateful :)

Hi Jamie550

I send you a PM with some doubts and problems

Many thanks for all :)

Hi, i have some Trouble with the ADJ File, i had work on the Map, now i´ve a ADJ Log with ~ 800 Entries.
At the first times when I try to create the ADJ.TBL File the MapMaker show me some Errors in the File.
(AE. "add" instead of "Add" etc.) So I corrected the mistakes.
But now i´ve another Problem, if i do Step 3 again (u know; create the ADJ...) then gives me the program that:

Code:
Working...
Start time: 11/13/2008 ...
Scanning adj-mod.txt...
Adj-mod.txt does exist, so now parsing
Done scanning adj-mod.txt!
Press any key to continue, ....

But if I built a Error in the ADJ File, the MapMaker finds the file again...
Ubsequently, I´ve extra built a Error in the ADJ File and chose skipping option in the MapMaker.
Code:
Invalid command. Command must be "Add" or "Delete"
Invalid: Delete sssss
 at 300;301;Delete ssss

Skipped

Step 3 wars running, but on the End, the Mapmaker gave me a long List with all entries in the ADJ File, and all the Entries havent any effect. !?

And with only 6 Entries, the Problem is the same.

I have the same problem. Does anybody know a solution?

I PMed Hannibal Barca about this then I found this thread. Sorry Hannibal!

Here's my problem:
I successfully go through steps 1-4, but when I try to do step 5 (lightmaps) my mapmaker gives me a fatal error. Here is the log:

Log of MapMaker v2.2.5.0
Logging started at: 12/22/2008 5:22:31 PM UTC

#################################
An exception has occurred.
#################################
Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Derived from System.SystemException
Derived from System.Exception
12/22/2008 5:22:50 PM
Source: CoreLib

STACK TRACE
Int32 ReadInt32()
at CoreLib.Io.ByteReader.ReadInt32() in E:\Projects\CoreLib\Io\ByteReader.cs:line 219
at MapUtility.AdjacentTable..ctor(String str) in E:\Projects\MapUtility\shared\AdjacentReader.cs:line 48
at MapUtility.Global.get_AdjacentTable() in E:\Projects\MapUtility\Shared\Global.cs:line 32
at MapEditor.LightmapMaker.LoadData() in E:\Projects\MapUtility\MapMaker\LightmapMaker.cs:line 24
at MapEditor.LightmapMaker.MakeLightmaps() in E:\Projects\MapUtility\MapMaker\LightmapMaker.cs:line 219
at MapEditor.Program.BeginWork(String[] args) in E:\Projects\MapUtility\MapMaker\Program.cs:line 182
at MapEditor.Boot.Main(String[] args) in E:\Projects\MapUtility\MapMaker\Program.cs:line 275

This is stopping me from making my mod, so any help would be great.

I think this has been asked before but how do you extract the whole map image file to one psd file?
Sorry, but doesn't extract to psd. The best you can do is to extract a single huge image and combine the layers together in a psd file.

Though unless you have plenty of ram, don't even try.

No fix for my problem Jamie? Really sorry to bug you, but I want to get to work on my mod.

IndoEsia45: I just extracted the map and found out what the dimensions would equal if they were all together (29952 x 11250 px). After that, it was a lot of cut and pasting. :p
Beware though, it takes forever to make any changes (opening, saving, editing, etc.).

No fix for my problem Jamie? Really sorry to bug you, but I want to get to work on my mod.

IndoEsia45: I just extracted the map and found out what the dimensions would equal if they were all together (29952 x 11250 px). After that, it was a lot of cut and pasting. :p
Beware though, it takes forever to make any changes (opening, saving, editing, etc.).
Try remaking your adjacent.tbl. But this is possibly caused by an incorrect pixel in your image, which would be very annoying to find.

Hello everyone - I usually only lurk here, but in this instance I'm having trouble downloading the utility. Is there another location I can download it from? I'm very much looking forward to sinking my teeth into this!