• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jeffh said:
Thanks a lot! Without giving too much away (that I think I'd rather find out by playing), can you give me a general feel for some of the events?

The shortcomings of my tech teams are already painfully obvious, but I figured that was a reasonable handicap to work under, at least while I'm still learning the game and thus playing on Easy anyway.

I'm also curious about something else; there seem to be an awful lot of identical twin brothers involved in the politics and military of late 30s China :D. I've noticed that post-United Front, some of the same leaders show up for me (as Chiang and the KMT) and the warlords, including some of their ministers. In one instance I ended up with two of the same general in the same province :rofl:. Does the CCIP prevent this?

In the current version of CCIP I have only noticed one case where you have two identical leaders, eg Xu Yongchang. But that could be fixed easily. Other than errors in the leader/minister files, the only other possible problem where you end up having two identical might come from the expeditionary army bug. Somehow a warlord sends you one expeditionary division with one leader, and miraculously the division becomes yours, as well as the leader. So if the warlord leader that comes with that division is someone who is in your leader(say Long Yun) pool at the beginning of the game, you will end up having two of them. The only way to fix that problem is either expect Paradox fixs the bug or use the wakeleader command.

clanjay1989 said:
I think there is.
Yes event 2477 does this. (Nationalists Flee the Mainland) The catch is that event 100 has to fire first. So you might have to put that in the history file of the scenario. I recommend adding events 99 and 100 to the event history file of the 1945 scenario.

BTW the wakeleader command is bugged.

Last edited:
nomonhan said:
Yes event 2477 does this. (Nationalists Flee the Mainland) The catch is that event 100 has to fire first. So you might have to put that in the history file of the scenario. I recommend adding events 99 and 100 to the event history file of the 1945 scenario.

BTW the wakeleader command is bugged.

Yeah I think CDCP fixed it...I guess.

And the event should work the other way around. I think the AI preferd to flee the Mainland but in fact the Nationalists fought to the end. They did not simply just give up even though it was a pushover for the Communists at the beginning of 1949.

clanjay1989 said:
Yeah I think CDCP fixed it...I guess.

And the event should work the other way around. I think the AI preferd to flee the Mainland but in fact the Nationalists fought to the end. They did not simply just give up even though it was a pushover for the Communists at the beginning of 1949.
Nah... CKS was the main reason for the retreat to Taiwan. Some time around 1948 he became convinced that TW should become the last stronghold of the RoC if the commies win. So to that end he started diverting money, material soldiers to TW, instead of giving them to fightin' generals like Hu Zongnan, Tang Enbo, Sun Liren and Li Zongren, who were beginning to get real strapped for reinforcements and supplies.

mib said:
Nah... CKS was the main reason for the retreat to Taiwan. Some time around 1948 he became convinced that TW should become the last stronghold of the RoC if the commies win. So to that end he started diverting money, material soldiers to TW, instead of giving them to fightin' generals like Hu Zongnan, Tang Enbo, Sun Liren and Li Zongren, who were beginning to get real strapped for reinforcements and supplies.

No I was talking about the AI selection of the event itself. The event gives two options, fight or flight. I think the AI chooses the latter most of the time. But this will secede the remainder of CHI on the Mainland to the CHC without a good fight, which is not historical because resistance did not cease until the 1950s on the Mainland. In fact, it does not matter which one CHI chooses since CHC will conquer the Mainland always then CHI will inevitably transfer to Taiwan. You see what I am saying? The "flee to Taiwan" option should work like the "transfer industry to interior" events that allow Nationalist China to remove IC from the Mainland to Taiwan, or at least destroy some to prevent the Communists from using it. But it should definitely not give the rest of unconquered provinces to CHC for free.

clanjay1989 said:
No I was talking about the AI selection of the event itself. The event gives two options, fight or flight. I think the AI chooses the latter most of the time. But this will secede the remainder of CHI on the Mainland to the CHC without a good fight, which is not historical because resistance did not cease until the 1950s on the Mainland. In fact, it does not matter which one CHI chooses since CHC will conquer the Mainland always then CHI will inevitably transfer to Taiwan. You see what I am saying? The "flee to Taiwan" option should work like the "transfer industry to interior" events that allow Nationalist China to remove IC from the Mainland to Taiwan, or at least destroy some to prevent the Communists from using it. But it should definitely not give the rest of unconquered provinces to CHC for free.
Oh, well yes. I thought you were talking about IRL. :eek:o That's a good suggestion. Fort levels, transfer IC and other goodies in return for dissent and supplies.

I'd like to post something I think would interest CCIP fans. In my latest version of the Cold War Tech Tree Expansion, I have an initial setup for the Chinese Civil War (1945). Partly it is based on CCIP and partly it is my own work. I invite anybody in this thread to download and test it. Certainly the idea of Nationalist China winning the Chinese Civil War is the most important alternate history of the entire Cold War era. I'd like play testing as both Nationalist and Communist China, and as a neutral observer to see how the war progresses in AI vs AI play.

Ok so I am playing the communists and I have annexed all the warlords minus Guangxi clique and Shaanxi, i helped the Nationalists push the Japs back to Manchuria but now the united front event fired, all my troops are back home and I am no longer allied with the Nationalists but still at war with Japan. Fine I thought I will just stab the Nationalists in the back and take this lovely industry that got moved to the interior :p

However it says I cannot declare war on the Nationalists before September 1940 but it's October 1940 right now... :confused: help!

It also says i'm still allied with Nationalist China and Guangxi clique!

Odd, there doesn't seem to be any event which changes the Chinese Communist name to 'People's Republic of China' and changes the flag to the five-stars-on-red PRC flag. This is more the kind of thing I was expecting from this mod, rather than just the founding of a Central Asian state (interesting as that is). Does HOI2 not allow such changes? I know Vicky did.

Odd, there doesn't seem to be any event which changes the Chinese Communist name to 'People's Republic of China' and changes the flag to the five-stars-on-red PRC flag. This is more the kind of thing I was expecting from this mod, rather than just the founding of a Central Asian state (interesting as that is). Does HOI2 not allow such changes? I know Vicky did.

Sadly it's impossible. It's easy to change it yourself though :)

hey im having a little trouble installing this mod, can someone point out where i went wrong?

i downloaded the mod to a file on my computer then extracted it all to my Paradox Interactive/Armaggedon main folder

yet i dont notice any difference?

Sadly it's impossible. It's easy to change it yourself though :)
You could use a user-defined tag (Uxx) to define PRC as a new country then create an event to change tags from CHC to Uxx; kind of a waste just for a name and flag change though. This is the same method used in EU3 (and probably HoI3) where it isn't as much of an issue because tags aren't hardcoded in the .exe so you can add as many as you want.

hey im having a little trouble installing this mod, can someone point out where i went wrong?

i downloaded the mod to a file on my computer then extracted it all to my Paradox Interactive/Armaggedon main folder

yet i dont notice any difference?
Look in the Armageddon folder for a folder named Doomsday.
Copy the contents of that folder and paste them in the Armageddon folder.

dont see it?
Hmm, by default HOI2/Hoi2DD/HOI2DD-Arm is installed into the Doomsday folder. The Anthology version installs to the Armageddon folder instead. Most Mods are designed based on the default installation path.

Check your Paradox Interactive folder for a Doomsday Folder...it WILL exist if you also installed Doomsday (either the Anthology or normal versions)...
If you haven't installed Doomsday and the folder exists, copy its contents into the Armageddon folder.

If you have installed Doomsday it probably extracted into that folder and you will notice some problems (but not many) with Doomsday. Extract CCIP onto your desktop, copy the contents of the Doomsday folder created on your desktop and past into the Armageddon folder.

You could use a user-defined tag (Uxx) to define PRC as a new country then create an event to change tags from CHC to Uxx; kind of a waste just for a name and flag change though. This is the same method used in EU3 (and probably HoI3) where it isn't as much of an issue because tags aren't hardcoded in the .exe so you can add as many as you want.
Unfortunately the country = TAG command is bugged. If you have ANY ongoing research projects when you issue the command, you will NEVER be able to complete them (or any beyond them in the tree).

EDIT: You could work around this by...

1) Have CHC release the new UXX country.
2) Have the new UXX country ANNEX the CHC on the same day.

Problems with this method.
1) You lose any ongoing research projects.
2) Won't work for a player controlled CHC because the game would end when the UXX annexed the CHC.

i have a question about game play.

playing as communist china 36' peace falls over china as chaing kai-shek(sp?) is returned. i normally opt to attack the northern sect and get that industry rich province and the two above and below it. if i go for anything more, nationalist china annexs them and all the lands that i have conquered go to them! so i cant annex them with out china taking the richies of my efforts. then when the united front event triggers, failure to join results in civil war and war with japan, joining means i have no provinces to launch an attack into manchuria(sp?)

am i doomed to just conquer land in the name of nationalist china? or am i missing something? even if i rush the northern sect and only take a couple provinces so i am connected to japanese territory without triggering nationalist annexation, it still happens when japan dows china? whats more i dont even have to be allied to nat. china, if i stay neutral the provinces stay under my control in name only, they belong to nat. china and all they have to do is march troops into the region whether i have men there or not, and it automatically goes back to them. this also works if im neutral to nat.china and japan takes one of their provinces and i then take it from japan, china just has to march its troops back into the region whether im there or not and my men just vanish to be redeployed in the capital.

is there a way around this? i want to be able to either take manchuria or play an unhistorical game and cut the nationalists off before they have a chance to take it!

Last edited:
Synchronization is important if you wish a game which is not historical. In fact, all factions that AI Nationalist China annexes were all Nationalist, it quite makes sense and it prevents CHC and JAP from knocking CHI down that easily.

i get that but it means that the next 5-7 years will be rather dull if i have to conquer with nothing to show for it.

i solved this by insisting on demands from shanxi(sp) so now i have national provinces bordering Manchuria that strickly belong to me and no one else. but it was hard getting there! at first japan would dow me, so i would restart and try again testing different things, either japan would dow me or nat.china would take the land. in the end, with alot of ass kiss with the japanese i was able to gain one province connecting to their territory, without sparking war. only problem is that its now november 26th, 1937 and Japan hasnt dowed anyone. ill have too go into the game as them and spark the war my self, gamey i know but its the only way to play the way i want it to play out.

Last edited: