• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IndoEsia45 said:
I caught the BETA on the Fatherland forum !!

:mad: Don't download this 'beta', as Black Guardian said its a matter of time before the full, much more complete Version will be released.

Just don't spoil the fun.

And yes im back and anxiously waiting for B.G. to send me the files so i can proceed with, *ahem* the beta release.

*Cheers*​

Keep teasing with screens of this impressive mod, and I will release the dogs upon you!

Oh but we like to tease you with screens! :(

teaser1tr4.png

As you can see, completly new nations have been included. The USA player will now have the option of liberating the Ryukyus instead of giving the archipelago back to Japan as historically.

This version will include much events, will be as stable as possible, and include much of the ministers, OOBs, etc. But you will have to wait 0.2 to be able to play a really good game, with more balance and strategical events such as the siege of Fortress Europe, the European crisis of the mid 1950', and the Dominican missiles crisis...

Last edited:
your version is dd right ?? but with arma you would have more slots for new countries so maybe first versions are DD and lateron you switch to arma ?? ( i don't care if so cause got the change to order anatholigy should be here in 2-3 days :D:D )

Dutch Rommel said:
your version is dd right ?? but with arma you would have more slots for new countries so maybe first versions are DD and lateron you switch to arma ?? ( i don't care if so cause got the change to order anatholigy should be here in 2-3 days :D:D )

None of those who work most intensively on the mod (General_Grant, Nomonhan and me) owns Armageddon and we don´t have any problems with free country-slots yet.

I´m not going to buy Armageddon in the next time, so I would like to stay with Doomsday anyway...

A little bit patience - I sent my files to General_Grant, now he has only to compile them into his version and the first Beta will be released to EVERYBODY.
Either today or tomorrow... :cool:

At some points many peoples on this forum may have tough than this mod would never come to be released. Even me had some doubts. But this mod got trough the crucial stage of the first release:

Fatherland- Beta 0.1 is OUT!

Keep in mind than this is a work in progress, a playable beta with probably some balance problems. The reason why we release it is than this mod is long awaited, and a beta version played by several persons will speed up the progress.

Please give feedback! This is important espically as this version is a beta and so we need your suggestions.

Install it over a clean copy of DD. All the instructions are included in the readme anyway. Don't forget to download a NTL patch to beyond 1953.

Last edited:
Downloading it right now.

General_Grant could you make a list of things that should be done for next version?

Užičkibombarder said:
General_Grant could you make a list of things that should be done for next version?

-More events
-OOB for the nations than still need some
-Events
-Extended ministers files up to 1964, and accurate events for ministers in late game.
-Specifical icons for most of nations (FRA, FIN, ENG, CAN, CHI, ITA, SOV, USA, ...)
-Balanced province file according to the results given by 0.1
-Additional events
-More stuff...

But not for now as we just released 0.1

General_Grant said:
At some points many peoples on this forum may have tough than this mod would never come to be released. Even me had some doubts. But this mod got trough the crucial stage of the first release:

Fatherland- Beta 0.1 is OUT!

Keep in mind than this is a work in progress, a playable beta with probably some balance problems. The reason why we release it is than this mod is long awaited, and a beta version played by several persons will speed up the progress.

Please give feedback! This is important espically as this version is a beta and so we need your suggestions.

Install it over a clean copy of DD. All the instructions are included in the readme anyway. Don't forget to download a NTL patch to play up to 1953.

Downloading.

But download a patch to play up to 1953? ;)

TeutonburgerW said:
Downloading.

But download a patch to play up to 1953? ;)

Forgive my bad English. NTL will allow you to play beyond 1953 :)

Akira said:
Excellent, downloading. I'll be able to play it in a day or two.

Is the download that big?.. I never realized it could be very long for some...

I'll post a version with less important graphics in a few minutes.

General_Grant said:
Is the download that big?.. I never realized it could be very long for some...

I'll post a version with less important graphics in a few minutes.

Perhaps he refers to when he will be able to play. I higly doubt that a +30 mb file will take so long time to finish. :cool:

Perhaps he refers to when he will be able to play. I higly doubt that a +30 mb file will take so long time to finish.

HOI2 is simply to addicting to keep it at home all the time. +30mb isn't much, New nations is 45mb, 1914 150mb and I didn't have any problem downloading.

Akira said:
HOI2 is simply to addicting to keep it at home all the time. +30mb isn't much, New nations is 45mb, 1914 150mb and I didn't have any problem downloading.

Oh well, thats good to hear. :)

And for all the players than wonder: Wich nation to play as?...

I'd say than the best is play as either CHI, MAN, PAK, IND, RUS, SOV, as they have an interesting load of events.

USA and GER are a must also but it will be definitivly better to play as them in further versions.

General_Grant said:
Oh well, thats good to hear. :)

And for all the players than wonder: Wich nation to play as?...

I'd say than the best is play as either CHI, MAN, PAK, IND, RUS, SOV, as they have an interesting load of events.

USA and GER are a must also but it will be definitivly better to play as them in further versions.

i'll just play germany and dietsland nice to finaly play the mod !! :D

General, if it interests you, I read some province names and I'm proposing you to change them. It could be nicer for the player: I can't imagine conquerant Germany keeping Gdansk, Wroclaw or Lvov (Dantzig, Breslau und Lemberg!) under their Polish names, or even a city like Molotovsk...Germany had even Cologne (Köln) as a province name...If it can figure more the German colonization, I will do it. And not only for Germany, but also for Belgian and French provinces of Dietsland, Italian European provinces (except Greece), etc...Tell me if I can do that.

P.S.: Dear players, I'm sorry if both Frances are not achieved yet. I will to do everything possible to finish Vichy France for 0.2.

General_Grant said:
-More events
-OOB for the nations than still need some
-Events
-Extended ministers files up to 1964, and accurate events for ministers in late game.
-Specifical icons for most of nations (FRA, FIN, ENG, CAN, CHI, ITA, SOV, USA, ...)
-Balanced province file according to the results given by 0.1
-Additional events
-More stuff...

But not for now as we just released 0.1
Could I do OOB?